• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 isn't broken anymore

njean777

The only map that really ever gives me problems anymore is Paracel Storm. All the other maps are fine. Needless to say I am still not buying Hardline, or any other BF at launch ever again. I still am pissed I bought premium for this game.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
There isn't a single day where I don't get the no respawn glitch in this game that causes me to quit out of the match and potentially get a black screen, making me quit out of the game. This needs to be fixed already because it's pissing me off.

Despite the brokenness, which I only ever really experienced the occasional lagging or whatever it may be called, I put over 100 hours into this game. I still play it during double XP weekends, and will probably play it even more as time goes on. Not sold on Hardline, though.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It is only 10% broken now so it isn't broken. MP GotY.

60percentofthetimeitworkseverytime.gif

Oh goody! I can still put on night-vision attachments on snipers and assault rifles that do not supposed to have those attachments!

Nori Chan

If you don't want to play it that's fine. More goty for the rest of us.

No I did play it. It was terrible, it's still terrible. It will probably still be terrible from one month, one year, and one decade from now on. Naval strike sucked. Dragons teeth looks decent. I'm going to play it so I don't waste my money on premium, but I played it and it's horrible.

It seems there is a common misconception that BF4 is still a mess and unplayable, and that's only true if you have a 360 or PS3 (or so I've heard)
join the current-gen master race you peasants
. For the other systems i'd say 90% of the bugs have been fixed and there's no more lag.

If you're on PS4, Xbone, or PC, this game is most definitely playable now and IMO the MP game of the year. So yeah, go out and buy it and bask in all its incredible battlefield glory.

Edit: Bonus vid

they work fine too. even fixed the 360 dawnbreaker crashes.

Gold Member
Meh sold it ages ago & never had premium. I'm not waiting months for a game to be fixed, it wasn't particularly grabbing my attention anyway & the bugs were the icing on the shitcake. I certainly won't be getting any of the future games near launch, if at all.

CryptiK

The game is still broken .Its getting better but its broken.

The head flinch makes the game still very broken

Rubber banding is still very much a thing

Server degrading is still a thing

Hit reg is still very broken.

DeweyChat

Banned

No problems since months for me. Even at Christmas the only issues i get were rubberbanding on one map (Lancang) and infinite loading sometimes.

If the game was really broken there would'nt have 20000 at any time on the servers.

The only unacceptable thing for me is the solo progression erased, I liked it and it's the more visually impressive game I got (more than KZ for me)

Wasp

So I can complete the campaign now?

Source for this being fixed please.
Between December and March I had my campaign progress wiped about 5 times. But since March I have put 20 hours into multiplayer and my campaign progress is still intact. It seems to be fixed for me at least.

At about 4 or 5 hours long the campaign is insanely short anyway, shorter than any CoD, you could do it in one sitting.

And this is why I will never buy a BF game again ,EVER!!!

stephen08

Can you pick up weapons reliably yet or are you still all butterfingers with it?

EDIT: Also, even if it is fixed now it is too little too late. EA themselves hopes to sell their new Battlefield game in October. That's 3 months away. So is that what I paid money for? I game that isn't broken for the last 3 month run up to the next installment? Interesting practice. I think what I will do instead is wait until Hardline isn't broken before that. Or better yet, I'll buy and play games that aren't broken 9 months after they first debuted. I sincerely hope Hardline absolutely tanks so EA takes a big step back and looks at the franchise and what went wrong.

The thing that kills me the most about all of this though is that they are still going to be the ones to put out Star Wars Battlefront.

meppi

Can you pick up weapons reliably yet or are you still all butterfingers with it?

Nope, still butterfingers. Found out yesterday even though people were saying the last patch fixed it.

Not to mention a ton of other things that are still broken as people mentioned, while others pretend that they aren't there because they only play team deathmatch or some other shitty mode that doesn't stress the engine/servers at all and plays in a OCD way so they don't notice them.

Pjsprojects

Borrowed this on PC at launch,game was unplayable. Went and bought the PS4 version,game was sluggish and unplayable so sold it.

last night went and bought it on PS4 again because mates are on that platform. Game now works fine,still feels a little bit sluggish but I'm happy with it.

Yep as others have said, too little too late. It's left too much of a nasty bitter taste in my mouth to have any desire to boot it up.
Even at a fundamental level the game isn't that great soooo I'll play something else thanks. Awful sorry Dice. (I'd say no hard feelings but, lies make baby Jesus cry.

mikeGFG

Banned
still hilariously broken, and fucking boring design wise. Why do I spawn infront of squads of enemies on TDM, die behind cover with 15 ping, or have to spend probably over a hundred hours unlocking guns and scopes? fuck this.

back to titanfall.

Tekku

Not broken?

I headed over to Battlelog to see if it was true, and this was the first post I ran into:

I just wanted to let you know that this was an unintended change with the patch, and DICE is working to get this resolved.

-Stiv

Some things will never change...

GenericUser

I associate "broken" with completely unplayable, that is certainly not the case. BUT, rubber banding still happens and I still have sound issues now and then. That paired with half a dozen minor and not so minor issues does mean the game is still far from bug free, but its playable.

EA should compensate players for this though. Releasing a 60€ mod (hardline) is hardly a compensation...

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
It seems there is a common misconception that BF4 is still a mess and unplayable, and that's only true if you have a 360 or PS3 (or so I've heard)
join the current-gen master race you peasants
. For the other systems i'd say 90% of the bugs have been fixed and there's no more lag.

If you're on PS4, Xbone, or PC, this game is most definitely playable now and IMO the MP game of the year. So yeah, go out and buy it and bask in all its incredible battlefield glory.

Edit: Bonus vid

It hasn't been broken in a long while. Shame, too, since when you think about it, if the game was released in this state, it would have been god-tier.

blazeuk

Last time I tried it there was still lag and rubberbanding issues going on, not nearly as bad as earlier on but still there. Even if the MP is fixed for the majority of people (which doesn't seem to be the case) it's too late anyway, they're already pushing out their next BF game. We're supposed to be happy they've fixed their game in time for the community to abandon it for the next one?

It'd be nice to see Hardline sell terribly but I doubt it'll happen.

p3tran

Banned
good. I think I wont be buying cops & robbers version, so if they can continue working on this one I will feel good for not selling it back in the time..

Quixz

Well I thought I'd give the game another chance (PC). Patched and I have spent the last 40 minutes trying to get the game to load.

DELETED FOR GOOD AND SAVED A SHIT TON OF HARD DRIVE SPACE!!

Sorc3r3r

Joined the game around Feb on ps4, the lag was horrible, now the game is better,but yeah it's not perfect: still having some issue while joining games, some lag here and there, dying behind walls, yeah that happens too, maybe there are some hit detection problems going on too...

Eh, but i'm having fun nonetheless.

I'm really courious too see how the BF crowd will react to Hardline after this one.

Overdoziz

Banned
Balance? In a Battlefield game? Personally, I can't wait for Dragon's Teeth to break everything until DICE nerfs the new toys.

edit: Wait, they put guns on the EOD bot? Oh my sweet lord, please tell me that they're adding it to Meat Locker and Meatro.
I'd say BF3 was pretty well balanced toward the end. For Rush anyway.

meppi

Well I thought I'd give the game another chance (PC). Patched and I have spent the last 40 minutes trying to get the game to load.

DELETED FOR GOOD AND SAVED A SHIT TON OF HARD DRIVE SPACE!!

I blame this on user error.

The game has been absolutely perfect since launch. /Sarcasm ;)

daevv

Needless to say I am still not buying Hardline, or any other BF at launch ever again. I still am pissed I bought premium for this game.

My thoughts exactly! I bought the game and Premium on day one. I'll pickup any new Battlefield games from cheap bins going forward.

Pikma

Banned
What does the OP gain from convincing us the game he loves works "perfectly"? Even if that was true, some of us are never going back to that shit, it's a product that should have been functional ever since day one, the fact that you're coming out 9 months later to say the game now works says it all. The damage is already done, a patch won't make people forget the sour taste the product left on them originally.

I'll never buy a BF product again, they're just not worth my time, my energy nor my money. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks like that

Top Bottom