• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 isn't broken anymore

Oni3298

I keep getting the message "Could not find a server to join" and when I go to Server Browser, it just says "The server browser search request failed" and no servers are populated...

Is this happening to anyone else?

Sound still cuts out whenever I get into a tank. Rush is also still terrible as of a week ago. Rush was what got me into Battlefield back with Bad Company 2 and it's by far my favorite game mode. If Rush sucks, then I have no reason to play it.

Olli128

I keep getting the message "Could not find a server to join" and when I go to Server Browser, it just says "The server browser search request failed" and no servers are populated...

Same thing, fucking annoying. This game has been broken more times than working when I go to play.

zomaha

yup, this is the first issue i've had with the game since i got my ps4 at the end of may. this happened on a very bad day

manhack

please list me all the games you've played with 0 bugs.

and go....

Well, that's my point. Software always has bugs I don't think they needed to delay the release of the game to make it better. They needed to and still need to work on fixing the major issues instead of churning out new map packs. Hell, I can't even play a new expansion without doing a registry hack. I can't imagine someone trying to search out that fix and implementing it who doesn't have a decent amount of computer experience. It's unacceptable really.

Sound doesn't work for the first 30 seconds of matches. Textures take a long ass time to load. If I back out of a game at the end of the round, my weapons get reset. It's still broken. That's why I'm not even going to bother with Hardline. 9 months later and BF4 is still in beta.

Dug

Banned
At first there were no servers in the server browser on PS4, but now I can see servers and join. Only problem is that I have nothing unlocked except the defaults. What is happening?

drexplora

its funny all the small bugs in the game also that you think would have been fixed errly!
For example the switching of magnifications between my holo 1x and 2x magnifier...
something causes their zoom levels to switch from time to time....
so dumb... yet its in the game and has been since forever...

the lag/update/sync or whatever problem in the game might have been remedied by about 20% with the CTE update they made, that comes with that new menu option where u can select the update rate....

Hopefully they learn their lesson as I am hoping Battlefield 5 is something else entirely...
There was no reason to support last gen platforms, and in my eyes the SinglePlayer campaign. But oh well I must have a shitty opinion.

EDIT: funny that they can get the water and waves in the game synced between all players, but nothing else :D

near

Gold Member

This has been happening to me all day. The only way that I've managed to get passed it is through the server browser history.

ethomaz

Banned
How do you fell now OP? ;)

The game is close to unplayable lol... sad because like me others guys will never back to it again :( and I will think twice before buy BF5.

FStop7

Banned
It's still broken on PS4?

How about PC?

I can get a PS4 copy cheap and it's so tempting, I had so much fun with BF3 multi. But if 4 isn't fixed then I won't waste my money.

ethomaz

Banned
It's still broken on PS4?

How about PC?

I can get a PS4 copy cheap and it's so tempting, I had so much fun with BF3 multi. But if 4 isn't fixed then I won't waste my money.
It was playable before the last patch on PS4... now it is so inconsistent.

C-PK

Neo Member
Yeah its still fun, however there is loads of lag and dodgy deaths etc it just seems to have been broken again. When it works, it is a lot of fun :)

Now Origin does nothing. Just sits there with its spinny thing. Anyone else getting this?
Oh. It decided to finally spit out an error message telling me logging in online is temporarily unavailable. Entered password, logged me in in offline mode.
"Go Online" does nothing.

What is going on? How widespread are these intermittent intermittent issues with Origin and Battlelog? Been having them for four days or so.

@AskEASupport said:
Some players may experience issues with logging into our services. We are aware of this & are investigating. Thank you for your patience ^ED
https://twitter.com/AskEASupport/status/491602171301883905

I haven't played it in months. I know full well it's just sour grapes, but I want a refund. I will never play it again, regardless of the performance improvements.

Damigos

I-dont-believe-you.gif

I don't believe OP too.

Pollux

Just played 2 rounds of team death match and conquest. Rubberbanding, textures don't load, players don't load...

Sorry OP the game is still a fucking mess

FleetFeet

So this game is actually worse than before on PS4... I was playing during the double xp weekend, and at least once or twice a day the game would crash in the middle of a match. A total of 6-7 crashes over a few days of playing. Also rubber banding is still an issue. I just don't know how such a huge title, with so much financial backing can be such a mess!

Pollux

So this game is actually worse than before on PS4... I was playing during the double xp weekend, and at least once or twice a day the game would crash in the middle of a match. A total of 6-7 crashes over a few days of playing. Also rubber banding is still an issue. I just don't know how such a huge title, with so much financial backing can be such a mess!
No clue, nut I'm selling it back tomorrow.

Top Bottom