• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 isn't broken anymore

I bought it about a month ago and I've been having a blast with it on PS4. I played through the campaign in a few days without encountering any bugs so I'm pretty glad I waited. It should never have been released in that state. I still get the odd game where everything lags like shit but that's only happened about three times.

I don't think I'll be getting Hardline though. The beta didn't impress me at all.

benjammin

Single player is still totally broken and I've long since lost interest. But the good news is that Destiny comes out in 2 months and the alpha was much more playable than retail bf4 ever was even 8 months after launch. No more dice games within 6 months of launch for me, I've learned my lesson

Pikma

Banned
Bit of an exaggeration there. It hasn't even been out a year.
The game's part of an annualized series (as of right now), it's life cycle is meant to be of one year, just like sports games, the game is nearly 9 months old, I'd say he's right.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
OP you cannot claim that a game is not broken simply by saying that the places that the game is broken don't count.

Pikma

Banned
Going to save OP some time by answering for him:
"That doesn't count, it's such a non issue, the game is perfect"

Yes, it is.

Which is why I got a refund and why there's still a fuck ton of issues listed on their http://help.ea.com/uk/article/battlefield-4-known-issues/website.

And those are just the ones they admit.
Oh man I was about to post a link to that thread of yours since it just came to my mind, you beat me to it. :p

Jito

Banned
Pretty shitty having to pay for premium to get bug fixes early. Screw you DICE, I'm not paying again for you to fix the game. They're only just implementing decent Rush map layouts and allowing a toggle for objective indicators? That shit should have been in on release and carried over from 3, it's still mind blowing they fucked up the Rush maps so much.

The game still isn't fixed.

I missed out on a $20 off the Microsoft store, smh at me

I've been itching to get back into it, had it during the Xbox one launch and it crashed just twice on me

What? These maps are far better then the base maps for 3 and far better than anything in the BC games.

See I'm inclined to agree with this because I hated a lot of the BC1 and BC2 maps with a passion (I just don't like BC2 as a Battlefield game as well), but the BF3 base maps were all pretty shit as well.

But BF4 isn't a Battlefield game until it has a proper Wake Island or Strike on Karkand. Why the fuck did they give us Gulf of Oman instead.

Also I don't think I've ever encountered any problem with BF4. Except for one occurrence where I bought the Naval Strike expansion and I got rubber banding on my first game of Carrier Assault. I'm probably part of that small 2% of people who didn't have problems on PC. The game still doesn't like it when I overclock though.

Pretty shitty having to pay for premium to get bug fixes early. Screw you DICE, I'm not paying again for you to fix the game. They're only just implementing decent Rush map layouts and allowing a toggle for objective indicators? That shit should have been in on release and carried over from 3, it's still mind blowing they fucked up the Rush maps so much.

The game still isn't fixed.

I've only played Rush a few times on BF4 but it feels so inferior to BC2's Rush mode.

It's been running great for a while now and performance shot through the roof a few patches ago (3570k/gtx670 on ultra with no aa simply never drops below 60fps anymore). Problem is... the game is just sort of boring. Not only do the DLC packs come out too far apart, I never get an itch to play on a map like I do with the best multiplayer games. Same went for 3, actually.

I thought it was crazy talk at first, but looking back, Bad Company 2 really was the last great Battlefield game. It was smaller and different than the older games and some people inexplicably hate the existence of Rush, but it was the last one I really had a blast with. I should install that, actually.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
OP you cannot claim that a game is not broken simply by saying that the places that the game is broken don't count.
The OP can claim that the game is good enough for him, but there's no way to please everyone. Every game has players that complain about how terrible it is. I guess the narrative I'm seeing is that, maps aside, it's no worse than BF3 at this point. As someone that has played a ton of both, that's something I can generally agree with.

But the Rush maps are sooooo bad. Good grief, they are bad.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Lol This.

90% fixed isnt 100% fixed.

Leyasu

Banned
It is better.... Although you could not get worse than that for a retail game. But it is a long way from being "fixed" completely! The game will never be 100%.

Never again dice // ea will I buy a battlefield within the launch "window"

Well yeah it works, as in doesn't crash every 5 minutes now. But I would hardly call it completely fixed.

BF4 was what pushed me over the edge of not buying that shit again, DICE and EA can go fuck themselves.

Dries

For me, BF2 will always have that nostalgia charm and anything new will have to try really hard to break that charm. Still, I've enjoyed BF4 much more than BF3. I've probably played it more by now too. The maps are just much better and the graphics on PC are unbelievable. This just is the best Multi Massive Online FPS out there right now.

Chaplain

Some of my problems with the game right now:

A bugs

1. Stuck on a black screen after a game has ended and is in the process of loading the next map.
2. Unable to press X to accept a revive. This means the only way to redeploy (it's turned off in this state) is to quit the game and reboot it.

B Bugs

1. Frame rate dropping to single digits at various times on maps. Its so bad at times that it gives the impression that the game has crashed.
2. Lag still exists, but not rubber-banding.
3. Missing ability to only join servers with people above a certain level. Preferably levels above 70+.
4. Unable to invite friends to join a game.

fernoca

Thr irony in my case is that I bought it last month (PS4), mostly for the campaign and random multiplayer matches with a friend.

Multiplayer works perfectly, but the campaign save stops been recognized randomly and I had to restart the campaign twice so far.

It still a good game. But getting it this "late" and still having problems...no way I'll buy anything from them until they get their act together...and that includes Mirror's Edge 2 at the moment.

It was broken for the first week on PS4. After that it was just people who didnt like EA. Havent had any problems with that game since the first week and is one of my favorite shooters ever. Only complaint is that not enough people use mic's. Would be cool if people organized stuff on it.

CryptiK

No problems since months for me. Even at Christmas the only issues i get were rubberbanding on one map (Lancang) and infinite loading sometimes.

If the game was really broken there would'nt have 20000 at any time on the servers.

The only unacceptable thing for me is the solo progression erased, I liked it and it's the more visually impressive game I got (more than KZ for me)
Just because you don't have problems doesn't mean they don't exist.

It is really broken and people still play it and people will always still play broken games. There isn't a game that fills BF's niche thats why you have the amount of people still playing it.

meppi

It was broken for the first week on PS4. After that it was just people who didnt like EA.

That's just pure bullshit.

When even the publisher as well as the the developers make statements that BF4 has been a huge mess, yet certain "fans" keep saying dumb stuff like that, you know something doesn't add up.

GladiatoR

Banned
Sad times when a thread like this has to be made about a AAA game that has been out for over 7 months.

One of the biggest fuckups ever.

It was broken for the first week on PS4. After that it was just people who didnt like EA. Havent had any problems with that game since the first week and is one of my favorite shooters ever. Only complaint is that not enough people use mic's. Would be cool if people organized stuff on it.
Are you really calling people liars? Do you also think people bought this game and wanted it to be a broken mess for months just to tarnish EA's name further? As a BF4 and BF4 Premium owner I can tell you I would have loved this game to work from the start, a week later or even a month later. Months though? That is not acceptable and I'm not going to let you call me a liar and play this down.

Edit: I went to log into my Battlelog just now and of course the first alert message is "WE ARE AWARE THAT THE BATTLEFEST 2XP EVENT HAS NOT LAUNCHED. AS WE LOOK INTO THE ISSUE WE ASK THAT YOU REMAIN PATIENT. PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPDATES." This fucking game.

Im really sad BF4 didn't fix the problems that arose in BF3. I was hoping for something like BF2, not the COD-esque.

I like BF silly and celebrating insane shinanigans. I felt BF2 brought us closer to retiring the likes of Michael Bay, because the outlandish and hilarious situations you would find yourself in, in BF2 were unparalleled. Dying BF2 often resulted in laughter from the outrageous ways of death.

reKon

Banned
Well for some stupid reason I decided to see how the campaign was. I got to the portion of the campaign where you have to shoot down the helicopter and I just replayed that part 8 times...

I thought that I kept on missing the helicopter, but after Googling (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064766857625349/1/), other people have ran into the same issue and I've learned it's pretty much another bug. Thanks for ruining another campaign experience DICE. It's a

I probably won't ever try playing the campaign again and start on the MP if the double XP has started. I don't know what ever made me decide to try it, considering I enjoyed BF3 on the PS3 and never once started the campaign.

NotBacon

Yeah Hardline isn't getting any of my money.
And I'm not saying it's NOT the fuckup of the year, it definitely is, but I am saying enough game-breaking bugs have been resolved to make it the best console MP experience currently hands down. Shits cash.

I play the game for a couple of hours every night. It is a lot of fun. But to claim it isn't broken is absolutely untrue and it can be broken in different ways for different people. Also, every time DICE fixes something in a patch, they break something else!

Are the Attack Choppers still unsafe to fly?

I have a new bug related to flying helicopters. Since the second-to-last patch, when I attempt to fly I get rubber-banding. It's not the same as it was before, it's kind of a random slowdown and the frames shift around as they are redrawn, so it is impossible to fly.

Even EA and DICE have admitted it was fucked up for a long time so I can only wonder why you are lying.

GladiatoR

Banned

What a load of bullshit. Full on, 100%, through and through bullshit.

Top Bottom