• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 isn't broken anymore

Liha

Banned
Is this viral marketing?

25joohnywdsx.png

LCGeek

formerly sane
My problems with the multiplayer are with the design, not something they could/would ever fix.

This through and through.

How ea continues to pump out fps games that are shit both on the design of the maps or the engine ability in a valve dominated mp fps world is beyond me. I waited for the glitches and the netcode to be fixed only to run in to these problems. Done with the series till they make it good like it use to be.

Ea loves throwing easy money out the window. Remake the old maps shove them on to bf4 then they could easily have me and at least a dozen of lan teams I know back to playing this series.

Speaking of which, has anything changed on the campaign save-game front?

I've only been asking this since launch.

No.

The simple fix for this is to save your game to a USB drive every time you log off, just to be sure. Campaign is only like 6 hours long and you can repeat the last mission to unlock the other 2 weapons from it.

This is one bug that perplexes me, how can they not find a solution to it, with all the attention they are giving to the multiplayer aspect of the game.

(And that was from earlier today)

DOWN

Banned
I never had probs on PS4 anyway, but good for anyone who did. Or was it only PC that had probs?

meppi

165 hours in and the game is still and inconsistent piece of shit on PS4.

Not to mention has huge framerate issues, connection errors up the ass with a otherwise perfect connection, weapon pickups are still as wonky as ever, and a newly added squad option that doesn't work at all like it should.

Then explain why one out of three times I never load into a new map. I stay at the black screen and have to re-boot ( ps4 ).
yep. same here.

What? These maps are far better then the base maps for 3 and far better than anything in the BC games.

Bwahahahaha.

U3xCqcX.jpg

I played through the campaign a few weeks ago (thinking "well I want to see what they did with the story and if they haven't ironed it out now, they never will, here goes nothing") and had no problems. Saved and loaded fine and never crashed.

I also played a few hours of multiplayer, no problems there either. The game loaded maps faster than my PC too, taking seconds instead of minutes (and half the time games being over by the time I got in and had to wait all over again). I haven't tested if they fixed that on PC yet and I don't really want to reinstall and patch the whole game just to find out.

Originally Posted by JoJoSono

What? These maps are far better then the base maps for 3 and far better than anything in the BC games.

No way, Bad Company maps kick the crap out of BF3 and 4 maps. They are huge in comparison and are more interesting and are destructible.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Played it on and off since release (125 hours) and I haven't had any problems with the game since late January/early February to be honest. Multiplayer is great, and we are about a dozen people at my job that still play this game on PC.

No, it's a battle pick up, not an equipable gadget.

Didn't know that. I would assume no then.

Then explain why one out of three times I never load into a new map. I stay at the black screen and have to re-boot ( ps4 ).

Unlucky I guess. 283 hours (PS4). Haven't had that happen since before Navel Strike, that I can remember. Crashes, server and software, still happen infrequently though.

WarMacheen

I get a nice message from EA/Dice to close my game with the task manager every time I try to close it the correct way. At least it plays, though I haven't touched single player after my game saved was lost 4 times.

v1lla21

I didn't start experiencing problems until 3 months ago. Popped it in 2 days ago and it was running great. Warmed up with some TDM and was going 19-4 and what not.

DOWN

Banned
Both platforms, which has me livid at how EA ever released this game.
Were the issues mostly related to the servers getting stressed? A lot of what I heard sounded like it had lots to do with needing better stress testing on servers.

OneUh8

I agree. I kinda got back into it the last few weeks. Plays very well now. Love the new Naval Strike maps. They might be the best DLC maps yet.

therapist

Ill play once they release a gun game type mode.
Havent played in months , i think 5 months now or so.

Fuck them , sucks that visceral is gonna get screwed because of all the bad juju with bf4 , but then again it looks like it could EASILY be dlc (Yes i did play the beta) so wtv.

Well that's great. Only 3 months before the next version releases.

Btw, wtf is up with the campaign. Some say it is fixed. Other say it is broken. I gave up on the campaign and vowed not to try it again until the save game bug was fixed. Is it safe to go in the water again?

Btw part 2, Does anyone think Battlefield Hardline is going to bomb hard because #1 no one trusts that it won't be a bug filled mess, and #2 that it doesn't look good enough to take the chance.

Well, the Hit Detection is still pretty much garbage, especially when compared to more recent games that have come out like PvZ Garden Warfare and Titanfall. And that is after the High Frequency Update.

mbmonk

If the game is fixed, EA could have a "free weekend" like many games do on Steam. It would be nice to do that on consoles as well.

I disliked the netcode for BF3, and I am really hesitant to shell out money up front again to see if the netcode in BF4 is significantly better.

I prefer to try before I buy on this one.

Yoday

BF4 has been fine for quite some time. I started playing the PS4 version back in March/April, and I have never had an issue with disconnects. There were a few laggy games here and there, but it was rare, and mostly when they were having issues at Naval Strike's launch.

Facism

That's a matter of perspective. People can't tell the difference between release and current versions unless they're sitting a year away from the TV.

pvpness

This makes me sad. BF has been my favorite fps series since it first hit the market but after the one-two punch of BF3/4,it will take a miracle to bring me back to the series. They've clearly forgotten how to make it engaging.

Sande

Btw, wtf is up with the campaign. Some say it is fixed. Other say it is broken. I gave up on the campaign and vowed not to try it again until the save game bug was fixed. Is it safe to go in the water again?

Btw part 2, Does anyone think Battlefield Hardline is going to bomb hard because #1 no one trusts that it won't be a bug filled mess, and #2 that it doesn't look good enough to take the chance.
As far as I know they still haven't fixed the campaign.

I think Hardline will bomb. BF4 pretty much screwed them over and it's more of a spin-off cash-in title anyway while Dice is busy doing Star Wars or whatever. I would be very surprised if sales are anywhere near BF4.
Edit: Then again COD also seems to have alienated their fanbase with the latest abomination so who knows where the FPS crowd will flock to this Holiday.
My money is on Destiny.

Have they fixed the campaign controller support on PC yet? How about for BF3? Or Mass Effect 1 and 2? Come to think of it, what the fuck is with EA deliberately gimping controller support on PC?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
In what universe? And yeah, they are absolutely better Conquest maps than the ones in BF3 Vanilla and BC2. Not to mention in some maps the heavy use of destruction hurt them more than it helped.
The CQ air maps are better than vanilla BF3, yeah. I'll give you that. But the city maps are worse and Rush is damn near unplayable.

XBP

The netcode is still shit but there definitely aren't any major game breaking bugs. I've been playing it for 3 weeks now and only have 2 crashes. Which from what i've read so far is very good for this game. If only BF premium wasn't as overpriced as it is right now, this would be a must buy, sigh...

Gator86

If people can cut through the deserved cynicism and negativity surrounding the game they'll enjoy the shit out of it. The MP is just fantastic for the most part. There's not really a solid replacement for 64 person conquest mayhem and battlefield moments, especially in the console space.

That said, the single player is still bugged beyond belief and will never be fixed so there's that.

mbmonk

This makes me sad. BF has been my favorite fps series since it first hit the market but after the one-two punch of BF3/4,it will take a miracle to bring me back to the series. They've clearly forgotten how to make it engaging.

I am in the same boat as you my friend. I loved 1942 - BF2. BF3 on PC turned me off, and BF4 I am yet to play for multiple reasons. I am just apathetic at this point.

I bought a while back. Played it for a week or two. Maybe I will play it until Destiny Beta/TLOU comes out. Hopefully, it will make the time go by faster.

Top Bottom