• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1080P Driveclub Beta Screenshots!

golem

At The Sixth Axis via Wario64

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/08...ed-1080p-screenshots-from-the-driveclub-beta/ (get rid of the resolution at the end of the url to get the 1080p shot)

DCBeta-6.jpg

DCBeta-11.jpg

Better footage available!

Wow, are those direct feed? That's some pretty impressive looking IQ. Game looking great as always (obviously much better in motion).

Famassu

It doesn't look anywhere near as good as some of the videos and screenshots we've seen previously.
The game doesn't seem to suit taking direct screenshots with the Share feature, with all the motion blur & shit crapping up all the crazy detail. The Photo Mode will hopefully work better.

Hmm, cautious to only judge on those two linked pics, but suddenly I'm worried the game has the typical 'enhanced reply' visuals and that's what they've been showing us all this time.

Yeul

Idk if it's the lighting or what, but I'll wait and see I guess. Screenshots don't really do it justice I'm sure.

I'm convinced most of these replies are from intellectually dishonest "concern trolls"

The higher fidelity games achieve, the less representative screenshots become. You can't get a decent sense of detail from a static image.

In summary, I can't wait for WebM to take off.

Wow... I hope people here are joking a bit. Its screenshots, they're not going to look as good as gameplay videos, especially given this type of location in comparison to something like rain footage.

Kariodude

Banned
So we're getting that and it's still gonna be 30fps? Not even worth buying now. I'll just play The Club on PC or something.

The higher fidelity games achieve, the less representative screenshots become. You can't get a decent sense of detail from a static image.

Yeah because Infamous and Killzone didn't look stunning in direct screengrabs...

Footage has looked amazing. These pics (for whatever reason) look shit.

Dawg

From the article:

An anonymous source sent us over a plethora of in-game screenshots to share with you.

We have no idea how that person took these screens, so it's hard to judge the quality imo.

Calm your tits guys, wait until you've seen it in motion (or at least wait for better pics). It's not the visuals that have me worried... It's the gameplay. Will it be any fun?

Jedi2016

In terms of the lighting, I think this might be the first time we've actually seen the game in bright sunlight. It seems to shine at dawn/dusk in the rain, just like Infamous.

SJRB

Gold Member
PS4 screenshot feature is hot garbage, so much quality loss.

Cue the "omg downgrade?" posts, I guess.

Yeah because Infamous and Killzone didn't look stunning in direct screengrabs...

Footage has looked amazing. These pics (for whatever reason) look shit.
Those were official screenshots released by the publisher and curated for maximum visual impact.

99% of the time, you won't communicate that from a random capture like the ones in the OP.

And I'm not sure you're disagreeing with me. We're both essentially saying that the shots don't reflect the game, which makes all the "only 30fps lol" replies look inane and immature.

EDIT: lol concern trolls out early

Pretty fucking immature to instantly label people's genuine opinions on a couple screenshots as trolling.

It doesn't matter if the game looks better in person/motion. We are commenting on what we see here. And what we see looks pretty disappointing.

edit: either way, this should not be happening. Sony need to wake up and allow a png screencapture because they are just making things worse for themselves. You only have to look at capture card screens compared to share button and see how fucking terrible the difference is.

Screens look compressed as fuck.

I had no idea there was a beta taking place. How do I get invited? D:

Edit: this image looks really good, love the trees!

DCBeta-14-1024x576.jpg

Top Bottom