• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1080P Driveclub Beta Screenshots!

nib95

Banned
and the same thing was said about Watch Dogs, and well........
Sony first party are not the same as Ubisoft. Their games have mostly had nothing but graphical upgrades from initial gameplay showcases. The opposite is commonly true of Ubisoft games, and certain other publishers.

I'm just sitting on the fence here. I got burned with Aliens CM and Watchdogs. I'm not doing it again. PS Plus version of Driveclub is my way of not getting fucked over once more (I'm sure I wont but I'm definitely NOT throwing caution to the wind this time)

Alej

Banned
I always thought the best happy medium to achieve this was have an in car with the camera zoomed in slightly forward where the driver sits inside the car. This kind of a mix of interior cam and hoodview cam.

You get a wider view of everything in front of you but with the windshield in place, you still have that illusion of being inside the car, you also aren't obstructed with the steering wheel but still can see the speedometor, RPM, and LCD panel if a car has it.

This is even worse when you are inside a fully modded and all of the rollcage bars are obstructing your view. A happy medium for the optimal interior cam must exist.

Edit: I bet your cam is already in the game! :D

shandy706

Count down timer don't have time for that..

vgundd.gif

gwlhlz.gif

I've been following this thread on my mobile so I haven't been able to get a good look at the screenshots until now. Yeesh that aliasing looks pretty bad. Other than that the game looks incredible!

My only visual complaint is the aliasing (I hope its fixed by next month)

My other complaint is the timer when you barley drive off the road. Isn't that what the guardrails are there for?

Anyways, Driveclub looks to be a lot of fun and I cannot wait to play next month!

RexNovis

Banned
OP should remove his awful initial pictures. Or not, so we can see who can't observe.

Anybody have any more Beta details?

Was on mobile and couldn't download the file in the OP so I only had the still shots to go by hemce why I said that the still shots + motion blur look horrid. The link in the OP makes it pretty obvious its just the screenshots that are atrocious. The game still looks great aside from some noticeable aliasing on the trees. Not sold on it quite yet but I'll definitely give the PS+ version a try and then decide whether or not to buy.

OmegaDL50

WTF is a Third party project developed project ?

So you point out a minor grammatical mistake I made. Wow, that's quite the rebuttal and rather weak scapegoat to dodge the point that the situation with Ubisoft nonsense with Watch_Dogs visual downgrade being very different with inFamous:SS, Killzone: Shadow Fall, and trying to apply it to Driveclub.

So then how about nib95 or BruceLeeRoy's point. Which is more or less in line with the same point I was trying to bring up. No you decide to focus on the error I made in my post.

Top Bottom