• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Lion King’ Casts Billy Eichner and Seth Rogen as Timon and Pumbaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible casting on both accounts they are going play the same characters they do in every movie.

Those two have one delivery and then they hit you over the head will than delivery in hopes to wear down a laugh from you.

I'm all for Eichner in this. I never would have thought of it but it's perfect.

This movie is going to redefine the concept of money.

Lucreto

I know who Set Roman is but looked up his movie list and I have watched none of them. No idea who Eichner is. I don't think he is in any shows my side of the pond.

Glad James is back, hopefully Jeremy Irons is back as Scar and Rowan Atkinson is back as Zazu.

Acorn

I know who Set Roman is but looked up his movie list and I have watched none of them. No idea who Eichner is. I don't think he is in any shows my side of the pond.

Glad James is back, hopefully Jeremy Irons is back as Scar and Rowan Atkinson is back as Zazu.
Pineapple Express needs to be watched. Get to it asap.

Wow, that's great casting. Particularly Eichner (as everyone else has said). Really captures the spirit of the original while adjusting it for a new era and new tastes.

Disney, you fucked up. There is no excuse for not getting the original VAs. If Timon and Pumba are that important then why wouldn't you go with the obvious choices.
That doesn't make any sense. It would literally be the same thing again. They would have nothing to record. Just use existing audio.

How would a live action Lion King even work?
wfxgfqK.jpg

Futureman

They should keep everything as they intend for the upcoming shooting off this film but fire the costume department and hire an 8th grade drama club to make the costumes and do the make up.

Seth is a hilarious and chill and super nice dude, also can't knock his writing or what his production company's been up to lately.

Eichner is just frigging brilliant also [better "actor" than Seth in many ways] - I watch Billy on the Street [on YouTube] religiously.

I don't really want the same voices. The old movie exists I can go watch that if I want. I'd rather this have some uniqueness. I think these are two good choices

CloudWolf

I really don't see the point in any of this, why not just get the original VO's? The Lion King is a film from the 90's, pretty much everyone who was in the original still sounds the same (except for James Earl Jones, who ironically is the only original cast member they are bringing back).

That doesn't make any sense. It would literally be the same thing again. They would have nothing to record. Just use existing audio.
Well yeah, but that kind of shows how pointless this entire film is. Literally everyone I've heard about this film went: "Wait, why are they even making this? Who is this for?"

Boke1879

I'm still asking myself this.

It'll be like Jungle book, but without the boy. So it's not really live action. But CGI

That said. I'm not mad at this casting. in fact I look forward to it. This is going to be the standard version of this movie if it's good.

Acorn

I really don't see the point in any of this, why not just get the original VO's? The Lion King is a film from the 90's, pretty much everyone who was in the original still sounds the same (except for James Earl Jones, who ironically is the only original cast member they are bringin back).
It's not for us. It's for today's kids. If they went the route of og v.os why even make it again?

Boke1879

I really don't see the point in any of this, why not just get the original VO's? The Lion King is a film from the 90's, pretty much everyone who was in the original still sounds the same (except for James Earl Jones, who ironically is the only original cast member they are bringin back).

If that's the case then there is no need to make this. They could just use the existing VO and dub it over the CG of the movie.

This is a movie that is being made for money of course, but it's also for todays audiences.

Betty

Banned
That said. I'm not mad at this casting. in fact I look forward to it. This is going to be the standard version of this movie if it's good.

You mean superior to the original and considered the main one?

I don't see that happening, The live action Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast haven't come close to their animated counterparts at all.

NateDog

Only thing I've seen Eichner on is Billy on the Street and I wasn't a big fan. He might be decent for the role just I don't find shouting at people exaggeratedly very amusing personally I guess.

CloudWolf

It's not for us. It's for today's kids. If they went the route of og v.os why even make it again?
That's the question everybody is asking. Kids today don't need a new Lion King, the original still holds up very well. It's not like it's an animation from the 30's like with Jungle Book nor does remaking it with "realistic" CGI add anything that the original couldn't deliver.

Disney could release a slightly retouched version of the original in cinema's today and it would still make a shitload of money. There's no need for a modern remake. Kids nowadays didn't suddenly start hating hand-drawn animation.

riotous

Banned
Terrible casting on both accounts they are going play the same characters they do in every movie.

Those two have one delivery and then they hit you over the head will than delivery in hopes to wear down a laugh from you.

Rogen is brilliant in Observe and Report and not his usual "guy who giggles at everything" self.

Nudull

Banned
I'm half and half about this. I don't necessarily hate either, but at least Billy's seems inspired judging by GAF reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom