• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“i don’t think i like prestige games” - Burford

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I never understood the too many of the same type of game/genre argument. You have a choice not to play them. It makes no sense to me.
Especially the fact this gen we have so many different type games out there, if you get tired one type of game then try different one.

ROMhack

I never understood the too many of the same type of game/genre argument. You have a choice not to play them. It makes no sense to me.

Yeah argument comes up often but I just meant there's to many for me personally. I don't care how many they actually release, plenty of folks play them so all's good.

Greedings

I didn’t care for TLoU. Finally trudged my way through it when it was remastered for PS4 but my opinion is just like this dudes. No better or worse or more important so take that as you will.

The problem is a segment of people have taken this game and now have put it up on their shelf next to their statue of Jesus, Allah, or Elvis or whatever they value most in their lives. You don’t dare criticize it. You never speak a bad word about it and you don’t ever, EVER, question any facet of Naughty Dog’s creation. They need to step back and realize, it’s just a game. It’s ok. Not everyone is going to like it.

Pssssssttttttt don’t tell them about Way of the Warrior. SJW would have a field day with its stereotypes.

I loved TLOU when I first played it, but its impossible to play a second time though. The game play was just not good enough, and it was the story that dragged me through.
I was also starved for good stealth games at the time (and now to be honest) so anything with any sort of stealth got me interested.

It’s a good game, but nothing exceptional.

MagnesG

Banned
Wow too many got butthurt by my comments I think. It's true I opted for watching the playthrough on YT whenever I got bored for these kinds of game, like U4 for example, much much better experience for me. I played TLoU until half way and was dreading every busywork that I had to do (same clunky stealth bullshit, bullet dramas, walking simulator). It was only working purely as a MOVIE (I enjoy some of the cutscenes) for me to actually enjoying the "game".

Still, don't make my experience detract or invalidate your enjoyment lmao. Get hyped for all I care.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Wow too many got butthurt by my comments I think. It's true I opted for watching the playthrough on YT whenever I got bored for these kinds of game, like U4 for example, much much better experience for me. I played TLoU until half way and was dreading every busywork that I had to do (same clunky stealth bullshit, bullet dramas, walking simulator). It was only working purely as a MOVIE (I enjoy some of the cutscenes) for me to actually enjoying the "game".

Still, don't make my experience detract or invalidate your enjoyment lmao. Get hyped for all I care.

And the funny thing is some people enjoy games like Bayonetta and Demon Souls more when they watch the gameplay, instead of actually playing the game. Speaks more to the times that we are in, than the quality of the game.

Top Bottom