• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1200 People Expected at Sony's PlayStation 2013 Event

Mariolee

Michael Jackson rendered in PS4 real-time.

Mjsimulcra.PNG

I wonder if G4 was still around would they be doing a live show in NY. I'd rather see this on TV than online.

And i miss Kevin's commentary. :(

Mojojo

quite a stunt for a PS4 many months away. Maybe Sony is launching their gakai related stuff sooner (march/april)?

maverick40

Hirai walks out
*Coughs*
*Audience goes silent
*Jumbo screen comes down*
Kaz - "I present...Playstation 4"
*CUE DUBSTEP AND LASER LIGHTS EVERYWHERE!"
"Videos being shown galore!
Dubstep and lasers die down
*Naughty Dog/Ubisoft/Sony Santa Monica/Guerilla Games/Quantic Dream/etc demo games in real time*
*Cue videos about Hirai and the hardware development team talking about how magical it is*
*Cue videos of developers talking about it's power*
*Hirai comes back out*
*EMPs have been recesitating those who went into shock (either from the games or the lasers)*
Hirai - "Available Sept 13th for $349.99"
*MOAR DUBSTEP AND LASERS OUT THE ASS!"
*EMPs are crying because they can't get to everyone quick enough*
Hirai - "One more thing"
*Rockstar CEO walks out
*They shake hands*
Hirai - "It's done, GTAV and RDR2 PS4 exclusive for 1.5 years"
*MOAR DUBSTEP AND LASERS!!!!!111!!*

Hahaha keep dreaming!

DJMicLuv

I wonder what surprise musical guest they will have to close the show?

Conway Twitty

With an audience of ~1200, Sony better bring it 100% or face the consequences.

A riot the likes of which man has never seen.

I suspect they are going to do a full unveil but of course that comes with a price as well.

I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if they reveal the price or exact release date. I agree that they've really got to deliver something special to live up to the hype that they themselves have instigated and gamers have inflated.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what they end up revealing and the inevitable GAF meltdowns if they under-deliver (Sony fanboys) or over-deliver (xbox fanboys). I hope we see some new IPs, some revisits from older recently neglected ones and get a few decent surprises as well. I'm not getting too hype myself 'cos I know I'd probably be setting myself up for disappointment but I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm predicting some horrific fallout though and a strong constitution will be essential. I'm sure blood will be spilled and permas will be issued. I can almost hear the sound of Bish forging a new banhammer capable of dealing out the type of retribution needed at times like these. I shudder at the thought.

Conway Twitty

A riot the likes of which man has never seen.

I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if they reveal the price or exact release date. I agree that they've really got to deliver something special to live up to the hype that they themselves have instigated and gamers have inflated.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what they end up revealing and the inevitable GAF meltdowns if they under-deliver (Sony fanboys) or over-deliver (xbox fanboys). I hope we see some new IPs, some revisits from older recently neglected ones and get a few decent surprises as well. I'm not getting too hype myself 'cos I know I'd probably be setting myself up for disappointment but I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm predicting some horrific fallout though and a strong constitution will be essential. I'm sure blood will be spilled and permas will be issued. I can almost hear the sound of Bish forging a new banhammer capable of dealing out the type of retribution needed at times like these. I shudder at the thought.

Times like these don't come often -revel in it!

Press conference begins

The lights go out and a hush comes over the audience

A spot light highlights the dead center of the stage but there is nothing there

Fight of the Valkyries begins playing from everywhere
http://youtu.be/V92OBNsQgxU

At 0:24 a veiled console begins arising on a platform from underneath the stage floor, a new system never before seen

Shortly after another platform holding Kaz Hirai begins rising from underneath the stage floor, just behind the new console. He is standing there looking up, eyes closed with his arms spread as if embracing the love of the crowd.

Flight of the Valkyries continues to boom as he and the console rise 20 feet above the stage floor on a gigantic pillar.

The music subdues.... And in a booming voice like god himself, Hirai says "PLAYSTATION 4" and dramatically whips off the veil, unleashing the new console.

It is beautiful, women are seen crying in the audience

Hirai begins the ceremony from on top of the 20 ft pillar as everybody watches in awe

The audience gets more excited and more ecstatic as each new exclusive is unveiled with incredible visuals.... Uncharted 4, MGS5, Versus XIII, Kingdom Hearts 3, Vagrant Story 2, Shenmue 3 and the Last Guardian.

Eventually the crowd turns into a mosh pit from excitement. Audience, press and developers crowd around the pillar towards the end, touching it and reaching up towards Hirai, as he yells "TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS"

Joni

Press conference begins

The lights go out and a hush comes over the audience

A spot light highlights the dead center of the stage but there is nothing there

Fight of the Valkyries begins playing from everywhere
http://youtu.be/V92OBNsQgxU

At 0:24 a veiled console begins arising on a platform from underneath the stage floor, a new system never before seen

Shortly after another platform holding Kaz Hirai begins rising from underneath the stage floor, just behind the new console. He is standing there looking up, eyes closed with his arms spread as if embracing the love of the crowd.

Flight of the Valkyries continues to boom as he and the console rise 20 feet above the stage floor on a gigantic pillar.

The music subdues.... And in a booming voice like god himself, Hirai says "PLAYSTATION 4" and dramatically whips off the veil, unleashing the new console.

It is beautiful, women are seen crying in the audience

Hirai begins the ceremony from on top of the 20 ft pillar as everybody watches in awe

The audience gets more excited and more ecstatic as each new exclusive is unveiled with incredible visuals.... Uncharted 4, MGS5, Versus XIII, Kingdom Hearts 3, Vagrant Story 2, Shenmue 3 and the Last Guardian.

Eventually the crowd turns into a mosh pit from excitement. Audience, press and developers crowd around the pillar towards the end, touching it and reaching up towards Hirai, as he yells "TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS"
And then pull a SEGA by stating "IN STORES FROM TOMORROW!"

I suspect they are going to do a full unveil but of course that comes with a price as well.

No final price.

No commitment to final specs, only ballparks and dodging, since they're scared MS might change their specs.

Only cutscenes and very little gameplay.

In some cases only title and who's developing.

I'd expect some target renders too, but they should know better by now.

DBT85

No final price.

No commitment to final specs, only ballparks and dodging, since they're scared MS might change their specs.

Only cutscenes and very little gameplay.

In some cases only title and who's developing.

I'd expect some target renders too, but they should know better by now.

If it is coming out this year then there will be very little they could change on specs even if Microsoft came out and said "64 cores, 128gb of GDDR27 ram, $299"

squidyj

Yeah, no company has ever done anything like this before. I remember Steve Jobs announcing the iPhone 4. "Our phone is pretty good, although our competition is great also. Choose whichever one suits you more" he said to me and 3 other people in the back room of a strip club in Fort McMurray, Alberta.

Roughnecks need phones too.

ascii42

If it is coming out this year then there will be very little they could change on specs even if Microsoft came out and said "64 cores, 128gb of GDDR27 ram, $299"

RAM is probably about all they could change. Possibly also the Blu-Ray drive speed, if it turned out that MS was using a faster one, or something.

They must feel pretty confident in what they have to show, is all I can think of.
They're showing their next console, they should be confident when introducing their new product, even if we ended up with no games and just tech demos it'll still be a big deal.

Forkball

I dunno, I know a PS4 announcement will be a big deal, but I feel they can't wow the general populous or non-Sony hardcores with anything they're going to show on Wednesday. I'm expecting, "Hey, you know the PS3? Well the PS4 is like the PS3... BUT BETTER." Then Uncharted 4 or something will be announced. I want something shocking Sony. SHOCKING.

DBT85

RAM is probably about all they could change. Possibly also the Blu-Ray drive speed, if it turned out that MS was using a faster one, or something.

Even with the RAM there is little that could change according to the people on here and B3D that seem to know far more than I do.

It wouldn't just be a case of bolting a few more chips on the board.

bamboobimbo

Neo Member
My father had a friend who worked as a private investigator in the mid-late 90's. I remember him telling me about how he was hired to snoop on S.C.E over a few months and gain hardware specs for the Playstation 2. Dude had multiple passports, and his house was pimped with top of the range Sony shit.

Slightly rambling, but I think that Sony and M.S probably are doing more then paying close attention to each other.

Top Bottom