• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1200 People Expected at Sony's PlayStation 2013 Event

Yeah, no company has ever done anything like this before. I remember Steve Jobs announcing the iPhone 4. "Our phone is pretty good, although our competition is great also. Choose whichever one suits you more" he said to me and 3 other people in the back room of a strip club in Fort McMurray, Alberta.

True, Jobs has always been a good sport when it comes to competing.

SVxM

tumblr_lpj4vyuYGf1qbyfs4.gif

+1. I also hope they have some news for the Vita.

On a side note, I believe that GIF was taken from the movie "The Fountain" if someone is wondering where it came from.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Sony is trying way too hard it seems. Huge event, fanboyish marketing campaign and all. Will they be able to live up to the expectations they've set? We'll see. Either way, I'm not a fan of dick waving.

I'm sure you didn't mean this to come across as absolutely ridiculous as it did, I mean surely... no-one... could... oh forget it.

"Gears of War? More like, more like TEARS of War. little pussy ass song on the commercial, fuck that"

"$600 dollars is expensive? What kind of fucked up old cowboy box you living in? Chad Warden wipes his ayssss with $600 dollars. I'll give you $600 dollars just to shut the fuck up nigga"

"Devil May Cry? Fuck let that nigga cry. Put it on the wii, those niggas are used to crying"

I love part 2 when he says that Mario is really about a mexican trying to cross the border and hes like "that shit may fool the masses but it aint foolin' me"

Boss Man

Sony is trying way too hard it seems. Huge event, fanboyish marketing campaign and all. Will they be able to live up to the expectations they've set? We'll see. Either way, I'm not a fan of dick waving.
Are you accusing Sony of being fanoys!?

Replicant

I hope GAF goes into members-only mode during that time. There's nothing worse than for the site to go down during the presentation.

J-Rzez

Guess they have something epic to show. That's a lot of people. My buddy said that's around 3x the amount of people at these conferences.

Anyone make a gif of Kaz's face over Pitbull's in that bud light ad?

Draper

Off topic but I really enjoyed the jump in advertising campaign with the water balloon fight and the likes. I really hope Sony steps up with their own marketing this time around.

rdrr gnr

"Gears of War? More like, more like TEARS of War. little pussy ass song on the commercial, fuck that"

"$600 dollars is expensive? What kind of fucked up old cowboy box you living in? Chad Warden wipes his ayssss with $600 dollars. I'll give you $600 dollars just to shut the fuck up nigga"
I'm dying just reading these. Years later and his videos still haven't gotten old.

My take on this is that they won't bring in so many people to show 3-4 games. Between tech demos and montages, i expect to see 10-15 games, and that still leaves them with a few surprises for E3.

They can't disappoint people, and showing few games would be a way to do that.

My take on this is that they won't bring in so many people to show 3-4 games. Between tech demos and montages, i expect to see 10-15 games, and that still leaves them with a few surprises for E3.

They can't disappoint people, and showing few games would be a way to do that.

Keep in mind with this many people its not going to be all hardcore M games and artsy stuff. There will be casual stuff too (think something like a wonder book or Kinect Sports/Adventure). They want to have software that represents the whole gauntlet so that every news outlet, blog, and publication can hype it up.

Gorillaz

This doesn't make sense. I can't see them going full blown game crazy at this thing. Maybe a 2 or 3 games. I feel they will only tease a lot of stuff and only allow certain things to be playable. Like Killzone 4 if it shows up.

The hilarity that would ensue from this not being the PS4 with all the buildup videos would almost be worth it to me to watch the glorious meltdowns worldwide. Almost.

alphaNoid

Banned
I hope, I really hope Sony is planning on doing a 100% full unveil with this event then. 1200 people, then showing like 3 short snippets of video and claiming its "in-game" then showing some photos of the device with no details on specs or price would be a disaster and the media bloggers would chew them apart.

With an audience of ~1200, Sony better bring it 100% or face the consequences. I suspect they are going to do a full unveil but of course that comes with a price as well. That means they show "most" of their hand, VERY early in the year. Sure show some games at E3 and try to keep that hype going.. but its February. Blow your load this early and you basically are leaving a gaping hole open for Microsoft to come right in with its multi-hundred million dollar marketing bicep to deliver the knock out punch. Sony doesn't have the bankroll to play that game any more.

I'm excited either way, should make for some great meltdowns in both camps.

Top Bottom