• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo Europe: Invite to GT6, [Make A New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
too bad about this thread.
hype buzz killed by rewind war.

That is probably for the best. GT5 hype was impossible to live up to and GT6 is well on the way and has the additional burden of a console generation to let people down over.

Still going with a GT7:prologue trailer as the only mention of PS4 we get tomorrow. Dust off your PS3's and Vitas race fans.

otapnam

LOL.

ok, 1 last post from GTP and I'm done:

This point was brought up by one of the mods there and is excellent. When I had originally read this, I tried the same thing with my gf. The results were incredible. She had a much easier and mush faster time learning how to drive in Forza4 then in GT5. Because of rewind.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=265498&highlight=Prototyp3&page=10

" case in point: my girlfriend wanted to get the hang of playing racing games with me. I sat her on Road Atlanta in a Miata in FM4 with Rewind on so she could learn the racing line. The track was picked for the (mostly) open-sighted turns, and the fact the Miata wouldn't have too many braking zones (and is a more progressive steer than a mid-engined vehicle). I told her the out-in-out theory and left her to it for a few laps. Thanks to rewind, she eventually figured out what lines worked, and because of rewind, she could get a glimpse into why. "

or you could have her do the license tests in GT5 like all the other GTs had that actually taught you a thing or two

I doubt many people even want rewind in GT. Its better if PD focuses on the stuff the fans want. I don't mind it but I must say that 90% times its not used for practising corners but undoing stupid moves. The player should be punished for doing such things so they will learn not to do it in the future. Letting him/her rewind undermines their error imo. Its kinda like (a less severe case albeit) being able to rewind deaths in dark souls. The player will learn eventually through trial and error and will as a result be better after it.

Rewind in license tests is the stupidest things I have heard. Thats supposed to be a test of skill. Your supposed to do it in one go not rewind the corner 50 times until you get the time. Another point is that it could undermine the accomplishment of doing more difficult races.

darkwing

t1368630000z0.png

too long :(

FlyFaster

or you could have her do the license tests in GT5 like all the other GTs had that actually taught you a thing or two

Yes, because license tests are so fun and exciting!

They were a novelty back in the day (psone era) they are just annoying now and even PD saw that by making them optional. No one I know ever liked them. They were hoops to jump through. Sure they teach you things, but it's not a great way to introduce someone to the game.

"Here, sit down and play these clinical and dull tests until you are good at this game"

RankoSD

I think the console should cripple you when you have a bad crash.

Total immersion.
Heh... There is a line men, there is a line.

Besides, GT already has license tests that covers all the basics of driving, and by golding them it pretty much means that you don't need a rewind option in the game at all...

But anyway, I'm sure that Kaz would never put such an option in GT mode.
Practice mode, I don't care...

saladine1

Yes, because license tests are so fun and exciting!

They were a novelty back in the day (psone era) they are just annoying now and even PD saw that by making them optional. No one I know ever liked them. They were hoops to jump through. Sure they teach you things, but it's not a great way to introduce someone to the game.

"Here, sit down and play these clinical and dull tests until you are good at this game"

I often criticize GT for being archaic in terms of structure and whatnot.
But man do I love the license tests!

There is a misconception that GT is for hardcore sim fans only.

Having an option for casual players does not harm the hardcore snobs in any way. No matter how much they say it does.

Most casual racers, like me, don't want to restart a whole ten minute race because they messed up on the last corner. Life is just too short, man :(

RankoSD

More news from Jordan:

Sorry for any confusion regarding the embargo, guys. It will lift by 5pm BST (Silverstone time) Wednesday, so you'll know everything by then. I just can't confirm 100% yet if I will be able to live-blog the event or not. I may not know for sure until I arrive at Silverstone, which will be around 2-3pm BST, but I think it will be impossible for them to control with so many journalists on Twitter in the room (over 80 media representatives from around the world are attending). Of course, I will work to have the full details up on GTPlanet's blog as quickly as possible.

I have also confirmed I will get time with Kazunori in a small group setting for Q&A after the big presentation.

From what I've heard so far, let's just say a lot of questions which have plagued GT fans for so long will finally be laid to rest

I often criticize GT for being archaic in terms of structure and whatnot.
But man do I love the license tests!

Yes, and I think they should be even more challenging!

---

About racing lines and and rewinds.
They are options. Whoever becomes hostage to them, good for you! You'll probably be much better than him at the game.

ruttyboy

Man I am worried. If this is a ps3 exclusive then it basically means the death of gran turismo. It would be so disappointing I got no words for it. I don't think drive club can replace the franchise.

I was laughing my arse off at this, but then he replied and it became apparent he was being serious.

So I laughed even harder.

A game that consistently sells nearly 10 million copies insta-failing because it's released on a console with an install base of 75+ million rather than one with a potential install base of far less than ten million, I don't even...

Hate to break it to you man, but your perception of the world is massively skewed, most people who buy GT, they're not bleeding edge early adopter types, and they'd much rather invest £40 in a new game than £400 in a new console.

Ding-Ding

So we should know by 5pm BST tomorrow...

Great, I will most likely be walking back to my car in the pissing rain before putting up with 30 minutes of traffic to cover just 6 miles.

You got to love good old blighty...

License tests are the option screen of GT games. It is always the first thing I do when I get a GT game. I try to gold at least the first three licenses classes then kick of career mode. I don't learn shit from them, just a OCD part of me that enjoys doing them and getting the prize cars most people don't get at that point. It is also just solid GT nostalgia.

I really want to see some PS4 GT footage regardless if GT6 is PS3 only. Don't care how early doors the footage is, just want some gfx to fawn over.

velociraptor

There is a misconception that GT is for hardcore sim fans only.

Having an option for casual players does not harm the hardcore snobs in any way. No matter how much they say it does.

Most casual racers, like me, don't want to restart a whole ten minute race because they messed up on the last corner. Life is just too short, man :(

Casual players can use assists.

There is no need for rewind mode.

p.s. I'm a casual racer.

Certinty

I look forward to bringing my PS2 out for GT6.

Seriously though I really hope tomorrow's announcement is on the Vita or PS4 at the very least.

It's not PS3 only. Don't worry.

I see that Famine's theory is starting to spread. It's either people in the know giving leaks, or just wishful thinking.

A cross gen game with cross online play would really be something new and groundbreaking.

I would definitely get the superior PS4 version.

If somehow this is about the Vita, screw Sony/PD/Kaz/Yoshida. I really don't care about a GT game on a portable machine.

Like, no Wheels, no proper input method, which is basically very important in a GT game.

And I believe that a Vita game card is 4gigs. Academy clocked in at nearly 18gigs, and GT6 will inevitably be much larger than that. Then throw in the lack of power.

You don't really see AAA cross-platform titles for the Vita. Black Ops 2 wasn't ported to the system. UBI went with an original title instead of AC3. And none of Sony's big hitters like Beyond or TLoU are hitting the system. It just couldn't do them justice.

Like, no Wheels, no proper input method, which is basically very important in a GT game.
Millions of people around the world have enjoyed GT games with just a gamepad for 15 years.

GT PSP had the majority of the assets from GT4, an arguably larger game than GT5. It was missing a career mode, but it's the assets that take up the space.

The_Monk

I would be happy to see something on Vita as an Extra, something to serve as a "snack" to the main game, something optional too since many people don't want/have a Vita. But I would like something to be honest!

Spiegel

And I believe that a Vita game card is 4gigs. Academy clocked in at nearly 18gigs, and GT6 will inevitably be much larger than that. Then throw in the lack of power.

You don't really see AAA cross-platform titles for the Vita. Black Ops 2 wasn't ported to the system. UBI went with an original title instead of AC3. And none of Sony's big hitters like Beyond or TLoU are hitting the system. It just couldn't do them justice.

MLB The Show is 22GB on PS3

Polyphony can cut things and not compromise the PS3 version.

Plus Sony needs to start using 8GB cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom