• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 4.8 (MGS: Portable Ops, Lost Planet, Wii imports)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Tieno said:
I don't think there were there 'loading' intermissions in the demo.
Yes, but there weren't any realtime cutscenes either. Dead Rising used load screens between *EVERYTHING*. That really kills the presentation.

anachronous_one said:
No gif of Kathleen's hoola hoop hip swivel or jump rope bouncing?

For shame ...

kathleenwariowareav.gif

I actually like the face Luke makes...it's kinda like "oh geez..."

log.gif

skip

imastalker co. said:
any hope for the 1upyours being up by 1:30 skip?

sadly nope. I was running late this morning and EGM Live stole our only podcast laptop for their show, so I have to wait until they're done. I've already yelled at them.

Liked the show, especially the Lost Planet part. That game looks awesome at this point and it'll probably be a day one purchase for me. Didn't like the PS3 ads but laughed my ass off at the intro, absolutely loved it!

So any indication on when the new 1UP Yours wil be up?

skip

Silicon Knight said:
Liked the show, especially the Lost Planet part. That game looks awesome at this point and it'll probably be a day one purchase for me. Didn't like the PS3 ads but laughed my ass off at the intro, absolutely loved it!

So any indication on when the new 1UP Yours wil be up?

a few hours. it's a long show this week (~1h45m)

todayzee

skip said:
sadly nope. I was running late this morning and EGM Live stole our only podcast laptop for their show, so I have to wait until they're done. I've already yelled at them.

EGM Live once had a bachelor party for Skip. He ate the entire cake before they could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Lee N

Membre
Zaxxon said:
ARG an import Wii segment with no Elebits!!! alskdjfalksdjflksdjflk
That bugged me too, none of the interesting imports were shown.

Elebits, Pangya, Ennichi no Tatsujin, etc.

skip said:
a few hours. it's a long show this week (~1h45m)
Wow, that'll be worth the wait for sure!

Another Shane versus Luke bloodbath this week?

And by the way, Luke, what the hell happened to your beard? Why did you shave it off? You like kinda....*how shall I put this*....different now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The 1up yours thread is going to be great for a few reasons:

1. Bound to be some stupid argument over something
2. It will devolve into kathleen bashing
3. Reilly

LukeSmith

Silicon Knight said:
Wow, that'll be worth the wait for sure!

Another Shane versus Luke bloodbath this week?

And by the way, Luke, what the hell happened to your beard? Why did you shave it off? You like kinda....*how shall I put this*....different now.

It's hair, it will grow back. I'd had a beard for a grip, it was time for a change. Sorry you think it's a downgrade :(

Scoot said:
It's hair, it will grow back. I'd had a beard for a grip, it was time for a change. Sorry you think it's a downgrade :(
I don't think it's a downgrade by any means, the beard just suited you I think, It makes you look a bit more mature. I mean this in the least offending way possible, by the way. :)

LukeSmith

BenjaminBirdie said:
I'm using this in everything I ever do from now on. I'll send you promo copies.

Send them to Ryan O'Donnell and I, please. He reminded me of the word and we've been rebranding it ever since. He didn't know you could use "grip" to measure time.

neptunes

you guys need some new music or something, or is hard to find time to make music for the show?

what do you guys use again? Apple's Garageband or Soundtrack?

Thomper

neptunes said:
you guys need some music or something, or is hard to find time to make music for the show?

Please, no music. There's some tunes right now, they're on the background, they're enough. Should you put in more music, you'll always have people saying they hate that particular song, etc, debates about that. It's fine now. Music =/= better 1Up Show.

NME

As far as no show next week, was that part of the gag or is there really no show until the following week?

aeolist

Banned
You looked like a crazed hobo with that beard, and the partial shave made you look like a redneck rapist. Keep it shaved.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Reilly said:
It's not that funny. Whoever did the editing doesn't know anything about audio levels.

I had to think up a quick excuse to tell my co-workers about what the noise was. I didn't expect teenybopper-watching-the-Beatles shrieking, but maybe I should have.

Tieno

Guileless said:
I had to think up a quick excuse to tell my co-workers about what the noise was. I didn't expect teenybopper-watching-the-Beatles shrieking, but maybe I should have.
Why are you watching the 1upshow at work? Don't you work?

Fifty

neptunes said:
you guys need some new music or something, or is hard to find time to make music for the show?

The music they have is great, even if it repeats sometimes. The first piece of music that we hear in the Metal Gear segment is my favorite. I wish I could download it.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I take well-deserved breaks from my stressful, demanding job in order to increase overall productivity.

Top Bottom