• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 7.12 (Unreal Tournament 3, Dark Sector, DMC4)

Dante

Red Blaster said:
DMC4 360 inferior to PS3 version, or so they say. And plenty of Ninja Gaiden 2 poo-pooing.

What did they say? I had heard that the bumper on the 360 controller was an issue.

FartOfWar

Banned
Mr.City said:
This week's episode made me feel empty.
Have your fill, then

fecalsteepleyv1.jpg

Dante said:
What did they say? I had heard that the bumper on the 360 controller was an issue.

Bryan said is looks and runs better on PS3. Mentioned it's clear that it was done first on PS3. Some screen-tearing in the 360 version. They also bring up the controller issue, which is odd because I thought you could customize the controls.

FFChris

Does anyone have the video of the DMC4 section alone?

I'm on a limited bandwidth, and that's the only section I want to see.

tanod

when is my burrito
Kaako said:
:lol
Were you serious?

Nope. I kinda thought/think it was.

FFChris said:
Does anyone have the video of the DMC4 section alone?

I'm on a limited bandwidth, and that's the only section I want to see.
They usually post the segments separately on Gamevideos later on in the day.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
wow DMC4 looks fantastic. Glad the PS3 version is the one to get :)

edit: and Gloria is hot

DMC4. DO WANT. *Downloads*

How much better is the PS3 version than the 360 version? If it's just controller issues than I'm not too worried, but if there are problems in the game, then I'll consider waiting until I pick up a PS3.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Livin_Lovin said:
How much better is the PS3 version than the 360 version?
Apparently, the 360-version suffers from noticable screen tearing. It had slightly worse graphics overall and the controlls didn't feel as good as the DS3/Sixaxis

beerbelly

Banned
Seiken said:
Apparently, the 360-version suffers from noticable screen tearing. It had slightly worse graphics overall and the controlls didn't feel as good as the DS3/Sixaxis

Similar to Assassin's Creed difference between 360 and PS3?

kuYuri

Livin_Lovin said:
DMC4. DO WANT. *Downloads*

How much better is the PS3 version than the 360 version? If it's just controller issues than I'm not too worried, but if there are problems in the game, then I'll consider waiting until I pick up a PS3.

Bryan Intihar says he saw tearing on 360 version, but doesn't really say any other specifics.

EDIT: Beaten.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
beerbelly said:
Similar to Assassin's Creed difference between 360 and PS3?

Yeah, sounds like that. Albeit AC performance wasn't really that good on the 360 anyway.

immy said:
thank god after last weeks show

don't quite follow you there. last week's show had a lot of great DS stuff, and for someone who doesn't have a 360/PS3, it doesn'tI really look like I'll care too much for this episode.

Krowley

I've been more of a Ninja Gaiden guy than a DMC guy.

I haven't especially liked any of the DMC games that much, but honestly, DMC4 looks better than ninja gaiden 2 at this point. I'm cautiously excited for it after seeing this preview. It just depends on how the gameplay feels, and luckily there will be a demo. I may end up buying this.

Also, they were pretty harsh on UT3, which is worrisome, since I was planning on maybe buying the ps3 version. I fear that the online community might be too small to bother with.

FartOfWar said:
I didn't say it was "too hard". But lets get right to it: I'm a pussy. And I suck at games. TM
I'm kind of shocked there wasn't many people online playing UTIII for the PC. Is it still that way now or...?

Also, the fast paced gameplay on the PC scares me... so if it's a bit slower on the PS3 then that's what I'm buying.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Krowley said:

I haven't especially liked any of the DMC games that much, but honestly, DMC3 looks better than ninja gaiden 2 at this point.with.
:lol I know, I know.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Krowley said:

I haven't especially liked any of the DMC games that much, but honestly, DMC4 looks better than ninja gaiden 2 at this point. I'm cautiously excited for it after seeing this preview. It just depends on how the gameplay feels, and luckily there will be a demo. I may end up buying this.

Fixed.
And I agree to some extent. I LOVE both DMC and Ninja Gaiden games(except dmc2).
Both are shaping up to be excellent games and right up my alley too. Next year can't come soon enough.

Danielsan

They better shape up the 360 version of DMC4 :(
That said the cutscenes are still fucking badass. Shane needs to shut his piehole. Over the top cutscenes and oneliners are part of what makes DMC so great.

WinFonda

And I continue to be the one of the few gamers on the internet who has no interest in the Devil May Cry series?

f@luS

More than a member.
djtortilla said:
better create the inevitable thread talking about something running better on the ps3 than the 360
this doesnt work that well here, u get many more replies with its 360> ps3 ;).

I was getting the ps3 version anwyay for its control, but it sux it tearing stick to the 360 rev of the game, the engine is doing well on 360, no reason

Mrbob

Not surprised DMC4 plays better with the Sixaxis. The DMC games were tailor made for the PS controller. Like Dynasty Warriors 6, which will be better to play on the PS3 as well. The X360 bumpers are too damn hard and not responsive enough for constant pressing.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
YES. All games im highly nterested in. Thank you 1up crew
was getting dmc4 on ps3 since day one. dualshock is the way to go for dmc (for me personally) plus the 360 isnt mine (altho i play on it everyday, having big brothers to leech off is awesome.)

WinFonda said:
And I continue to be the one of the few gamers on the internet who has no interest in the Devil May Cry series?

Do you have an RSS feed I can subscribe to where I can hear more on your unique opinions.

Top Bottom