• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 7.12 (Unreal Tournament 3, Dark Sector, DMC4)

Blablurn

i'm getting more and more intersted in DMC. at first i was like "hm, okay, it's another DMC..wayne?"; after it became multiplatform I thought "oh noes, it's gonna be average and stuff because they cannot concentrate on one system" but in the past few months my opinion about this game has changed dramatically. it looks fabulous! and i appreciate the fact that the PS3 version is the superior one!

bee

who was that firing the flak cannon and missing by like 4 inches each time for about 10 shots in a row, im sorry but hahahahhahh , pad control :(

gray_fox224

Ah, the influential power of the 1up Show. After seeing the segment on DMC, I went to the game store near school and bought this

1.jpg

Hopefully I wont go through this like I do with cans of Diet Coke

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
gray_fox224 said:
Ah, the influential power of the 1up Show. After seeing the segment on DMC, I went to the game store near school and bought this

1.jpg

Hopefully I wont go through this like I do with cans of Diet Coke
How muchh?

I might buy one before i buy a ps2 just so i can have them.

If what they say is true about the 360 version of DMC4, looks like I'll be passing on this game entirely. I refuse to play any action games with the crappy Dual Shock brand controllers.

Phoenix Fang said:
If what they say is true about the 360 version of DMC4, looks like I'll be passing on this game entirely. I refuse to play any action games with the crappy Dual Shock brand controllers.

if you played NG on the Duke you can play anything on anything.

WinFonda

Phoenix Fang said:

Well played.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
DMC looks really stunning. Definitely the best looking next-gen action game at 60 FPS so far.

I dunno which version to get. I'll wait for more word. I will probably get the PS3 and rent the 360 version for a second playthrough!

Kabuki Waq said:
if you played NG on the Duke you can play anything on anything.

Good thing I didn't play Ninja Gaiden with the Duke. I traded my Duke controller the day the Controller S was made available and that was long before Ninja Gaiden was released.

EGM92

someone able to tell me why all the links are only able to let me download at 20-30kbs? I'm on a 10Mbit connection :(

JB1981

Y2Kev said:
DMC looks really stunning. Definitely the best looking next-gen action game at 60 FPS so far.

I dunno which version to get. I'll wait for more word. I will probably get the PS3 and rent the 360 version for a second playthrough!
What machine is the game running on in the preview?

Phoenix Fang said:

AHUAHUAHUHA

Dante

Phoenix Fang said:

:lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Phoenix Fang said:
Ha ha ha

ari3_2.gif

angelfly

Dark Sector looks decent but the combat looks very repetitive. DMC4 is looking really nice and I can't wait to get my hands on the demo. Shame about the UT3 PC community :(

JB1981 said:
What machine is the game running on in the preview?

PS3

Firewire

Banned
DMC2 gets so much hate it incredible. Sometimes I wonder if half the people who talk shit about DMC2 actually played it. It was a good game, not the best in the series, but it was good.

kuYuri

Firewire said:
DMC2 gets so much hate it incredible. Sometimes I wonder if half the people who talk shit about DMC2 actually played it. It was a good game, not the best in the series, but it was good.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Firewire said:
DMC2 actually had more replay value than the original DMC... the gameplay was better in DMC though.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Firewire said:

its just that the story was really lame and didnt have the vibe of dmc1. also the gameplay was slower.

tanod

when is my burrito
gray_fox224 said:
yeah, I know its rep:lol :lol

Play it once for a half an hour. That's as close to the badness of Lair you ever want to get. :( It helps you to appreciate good action games more.

EDIT: DMC2 was fucking boring as shit. It's a BAD game.

cgcg

"I ain't buying no DMC with screen tearing, I tell you what."

Good thing there's a version without the screen tearings. Pheeeeeeww!

Ryuuga

Banned
cgcg said:
"I ain't buying no DMC with screen tearing, I tell you what."

Good thing there's a version without the screen tearings. Pheeeeeeww!

Yeah, tell me about it. I can't wait for the PC version.

Sorry Borys, stole your bit

gbovo

Firewire said:
I also think it was a decent game at the time of its release (2003). But the problem is that as time goes by, it continues to age more and more poorly in comparison to DMC 1 and 3

:lol fanboys can't accept preferences and opinions. "Only on GAF"

Ryuuga said:
Yeah, tell me about it. I can't wait for the PC version.

Sorry Borys, stole your bit

Would get the PC version but my PC won't be able to play it and I'm not upgrading anytime soon.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Freaking good line up Woot and yes Weekend is here. Cant wait to see more On DMC4 that will rock my socks off!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
DMC4 :bow :bow

Just watched it again. Looks fucking ridiculously awesomesauce.

BTW, I agree with Shane and Bryan. DMC4 is more visually stunning.

The story still looks loolllll.

And Dark Sector looks really great actually.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
-im getting a Zune so no UT3 for me next week :( (no games till Burnout Revenge really..)

- DMC4(PS3) pre-order on LOCK, special edition too. And I got a strange feeling im gonna like Nero better than Dante...we'll see.

- Darksector looks aiiight, nothing "day one". and I'd like to see that multiplayer, though i agree with Brian, i dont think its neccessary, i like to see what they're bringing to the table.

and SF4 DOES have parry system in it??? , i could'nt hear his answer, did he say yes?

antiloop

I just have to say. UT3 on PS3 looks and seems to play AFW. :p

Regarding the footage shown of UT3... was that the PC or PS3 version being played?

PS3 version 3:40 and forward I think. You can see a PS3 logo.

Top Bottom