• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

Dougald

Well this is surprising, Triumph are launching new T100s. I guess if you want something between a Street Twin and a T120 its a good buy... still only one brake disc though, bah

Gbtk0Nnl.jpg

Dougald

That looks really nice. I am in the market for a flip-up helmet next year and I know the System 6 probably has the safest locking system out there at the moment

Stevey

I dunno, I think I prefer older bike designs.
RC30, VTR1000 SP-1, slabside GSXR etc,etc.
I mean that new blade looks like every other recent big japanese superbike to me.

Dougald

Given how interesting the new R1 and to some extent GSX-R look, the new fireblade seems very conservative (like most of their lineup)

At least they have the Africa Twin and the Grom

Stevey

Yeah, I guess.
I hate these new exhausts that they have to have on now, and I'm not a fan of the fairing, looks like a massive bit of it is missing.

Dougald

Yaaaay, all done (apart from the little "1200" sticker that should be here in a few days). Carbon fibre now so I can pretend it was all worth it for that

NpI5AXUl.jpg

Mpu1ulsl.jpg

OraleeWey

I dunno, I think I prefer older bike designs.
RC30, VTR1000 SP-1, slabside GSXR etc,etc.
I mean that new blade looks like every other recent big japanese superbike to me.
I don't mind them. I think they look good. I just don't like the new exhausts.
Yaaaay, all done (apart from the little "1200" sticker that should be here in a few days). Carbon fibre now so I can pretend it was all worth it for that

NpI5AXUl.jpg

Mpu1ulsl.jpg

It's time to take that for a ride!

The Monster is looking good!

Speaking of Ducati who else really likes the new SuperSport? If I didn't have the R1200RS that would be right up my street. And in my garage. Good looking with real world (old man) ergonomics.

Watevaman

NpI5AXUl.jpg

Mpu1ulsl.jpg

Looks like shit man, I'd return it and get something that doesn't look like 40 year old poop...

<_<

Watevaman

Haha, no shit, one of my professors had one of those and thought he was the coolest because of it. I still see it parked on campus.

Dougald

At least it had a pop-up headlight. Modern vehicles don't have enough pop-up headlights

My wife drove an old Toyota MR-2 when we started dating, I used to love flipping those headlights on and off, haha.

Yes, Terminator reference in my motorcycle thread!

Also, what did that Ducati do to deserve the 'Supersport' moniker, is it air cooled or something?

Dougald

I think the lower fairing is a bit nicer than the Panigale, actually. Always looked like a flat bit of plastic to me, that

Z7LRQYel.jpg

Yamaha wants that Ducati Scrambler money

d6i8Zygl.jpg

New V-Strom 1000, I like

Don't think it's air cooled. But the previous "SuperSport" was their more relaxed sports bikes weren't they?

Looks fantastic in white.

Yeah, apparently it's a mainly about a more relaxed riding position. It's the liquid cooled 939 (or something like that) engine.

No offense to owners of white Ducati's in this thread, but I still think buying a Ducati in white is doing it wrong. They are either red or yellow, but that's pretty much it.

Dougald

I don't take issue with White Ducati's, it's the Monster "Dark" that I don't like. Congratulations, you took a £10k bike and made it matt black? Similarly I wish Ducati would put some damn colour on the Diavel, though the red/white model they used to make was hideous

The white monster 1200 is meh though. The trellis frame isn't red so it just looks boring

AHEwj3il.jpg

The white monster 1200 is meh though. The trellis frame isn't red so it just looks boring

AHEwj3il.jpg

Red, just pick the red one!

I don't take issue with White Ducati's, it's the Monster "Dark" that I don't like. Congratulations, you took a £10k bike and made it matt black? Similarly I wish Ducati would put some damn colour on the Diavel, though the red/white model they used to make was hideous

Well yeah, the Diavel is the only one where I would pick matt black (or the dark blue one they had). Red just doesn't really work for the Diavel. It needs to look mean, whereas the other bikes just need to look loud... and red.

Dougald

THIS is the Diavel I like. Black with red, looks great. Unforunately they all seem to be plain black or black/carbon now (though my friend has one and in person you ain't complaining about the looks)

B5Ojokql.jpg

Red, just pick the red one!

Wouldn't change the colour of mine for anything, though I do like the Red with the White Stripe.

That New V-Strom 1000 is growing up nicely to fit into the big liter adv bike group. Also the styling it getting better.

It looks more "KTM" with a little bit of individuality thrown in than "lets clone the GS". I much prefer it, too many pseudo GS bikes out there and none of them look as nice as the real thing

Was chatting with the Suzuki dealer this morning about the reveals. He was mildly frustrated that they've lately been getting in the habit of showing off bikes that are >1 year away when they still have 2016 stock on the floor. He also mentioned one of the reasons they stopped carrying Triumph was that Triumph would automatically reorder any bikes you sold, even if you had them on the floor for three years trying to move them. That lack of flexibility was a huge pain for them. Interesting stuff.

On the flip side as a buyer, they are under pressure to give me a great deal on a DL1000 to get it off the books so I may pull the trigger before the end of this season rather than early next season. Will be doing a test ride on Saturday.

Also isn't that Strom the 650XT? At least according to Visordown, and the dealer mentioned the new 1000 is slated for 2018.

Dougald

Do it, if I were getting a brand new Suzuki it would be the DL1000 or a GSX-S1000 for sure. That 2016 red/silver V-Strom is a great looking machine

Man, how the fuck do these agencies get away with pitching such utter garbage?

"Yeah, we'll just do some quick shots of the bike and a whole bunch of other nonsense that has absolutely no bearing on what you're selling, but whatever! Oh and we'll play loud and shitty music over it so you can't hear that beautiful three cylinder exhaust note that really sets the bike apart."

Yamaha: "What an excellent idea. Make it so!"

Wolfe

Yeah weird ad, turned it off before it finished due to being a bit odd and the fact that it wasn't really showing me anything about the product lol.

Dougald

It's at least better than another insufferable short for the latest cafe racer/bobber featuring beardy men in checked shirts on their way to the artisanal coffee shop for a bacon sandwich where the bread is sourdough and the bacon is tofu

Dougald

They're designed so that if you aim correctly and have the wheels on either side then you'll barely feel a bump, but if you're speeding you don't generally have time to do so, and the bump in the centre is VERY harsh

OraleeWey

A bit unfair dont you think? You should also ride with shorts, tshirt and no helmet

Yeah, that's true. But I was just coming home from from my ride and was about to put it away before he hopped on. It was in the back of my mind, though. Doesn't feel right at all.

A lot of Councils in the UK put in this type of speed bump, you can imagine how people tackle these on a bike

fjwLO7C.jpg

I've seen those speed bumps somewhere. Slows down cars but cyclists can go right through them. I think the speed bumps were designed like that for bicyclists in mind?

Watevaman

Yeah, that's true. But I was just coming home from from my ride and was about to put it away before he hopped on. It was in the back of my mind, though. Doesn't feel right at all.

I've seen those speed bumps somewhere. Slows down cars but cyclists can go right through them. I think the speed bumps were designed like that for bicyclists in mind?

I looked it up on wiki and it says that they're designed so wide track vehicles like ambulances can go through without slowing down but I'm not sure that will work as Doug said.

Either way, I wouldn't want to hit one in a Lambo.

Dougald

Yeah, remember I said my wife used to have an MR2? If you didn't hit it so one of the wheels was in the centre of the bump, all you got was scraped undercarriage. Not a nice sound.

That thing had rock solid suspension too so those were a nightmare to drive over

Top Bottom