• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2008 NFL Off-Season Thread: Redskins' time to shine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nameless said:
Chad Johnson, as recognized by the law of this great nation now officially holds the last name Ocho Cinco.

WOW

Now guys I've never dawned a non 49er football jersey in my life, but I just might have to get any Ocho Cinco Jersey. In fact I do have to. I have to do this.

I own:

Orange Rudi Johnson
White Carson Palmer
Black TJ Housmandzadeh.

shit. I guess I have to wait for the new uni style to own an Ocho Cinco jersey.

So from now I can refer to him as Eight Five. I would love for somebody out there to change their name to Ochenta y Cinco and bill themselves as "The Real Eighty Five."

Spectral Glider said:
So from now I can refer to him as Eight Five. I would love for somebody out there to change their name to Ochenta y Cinco and bill themselves as "The Real Eighty Five."

Ochenta y Cinco doesn't sound near as good. I like 8 5.

vas_a_morir said:
Ochenta y Cinco doesn't sound near as good. I like 8 5.

Doesn't matter how it sounds. I would do it just to try and piss off either him or the league. Because you know, somebody else at some point in the future is going to try this. And then Goodell will get so mad that he'll suspend somebody, anybody....well, except Belicheat.

effzee

Zeke said:
its a bad spot for any team to be in. Its not just oh Hurd got hurt no biggie its if TO or Crayton go down in the first game we have no one at WR to fill in for them. We're basically shit out of luck with our passing game. Hell we don't have anyone to really step up right now. High ankle sprains aren't something to shrug off either those can linger around all season and the same can be said about knee injuries.

oh please.

look at the eagles. mediocre WR corps to begin with and both reggie brown and curtis are ht. curtis might end up missing the whole season and brown will be battling hamstring and achilles heel problems all season.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Posting this here partially because nobody reads the online forum, but mostly because fantasy football is more a football topic than an online game topic.

Is there any interest in an ESPN.com auction style draft for a fantasy league? Obviously time is a factor, I'm hoping to set up a league with a draft for tomorrow or Monday if we can get enough people who want in. I just found out this week that ESPN offers auction drafts now, and I've been looking for a website for about two years now that has good auction support. If we can get 10 people to join I'm good with that, but I prefer 12 if possible.

Syckx

Zeke said:
its a bad spot for any team to be in. Its not just oh Hurd got hurt no biggie its if TO or Crayton go down in the first game we have no one at WR to fill in for them. We're basically shit out of luck with our passing game. Hell we don't have anyone to really step up right now. High ankle sprains aren't something to shrug off either those can linger around all season and the same can be said about knee injuries.

According to SI, the Cowboys are considering moving Witten into the slot and having Curtis start at TE. Witten is a good receiver, but he is also a big part of our running game. It's a band-aide solution, obviously, but it could get us through the first week being that we aren't exactly facing an all-star defense.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Archaix said:
Posting this here partially because nobody reads the online forum, but mostly because fantasy football is more a football topic than an online game topic.

Is there any interest in an ESPN.com auction style draft for a fantasy league? Obviously time is a factor, I'm hoping to set up a league with a draft for tomorrow or Monday if we can get enough people who want in. I just found out this week that ESPN offers auction drafts now, and I've been looking for a website for about two years now that has good auction support. If we can get 10 people to join I'm good with that, but I prefer 12 if possible.
I don't often post here but I'd be down. :)

Gigglepoo

Cereal said:
Chad Ocho Cinco is my new favorite NFL player. Hands down. That takes some serious balls, and it's amazing.

Funny, this cements his place as my second most hated player in the NFL. The number one slot is reserved for murderers, though. He'll have to do a lot of drunk driving to catch up with Leonard Little.

So the Bengals cut Willie Anderson and Rudi Johnson? Guys should have acted like idiots on the field more or maybe committed a crime or two. Watch New Cheatland pick them up.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Gigglepoo said:
Funny, this cements his place as my second most hated player in the NFL. The number one slot is reserved for murderers, though. He'll have to do a lot of drunk driving to catch up with Leonard Little.

I have absolutely no problem with Chad Johnson. Sometimes his celebrations get out of hand, but he hasn't done anything that's completely out of line as far as I'm concerned. There's the potential incident with Lewis during halftime in the locker room a while back, but there were no solid details on what happened. This past summer he got sick of working for the worst run team in the NFL. The Brown family has no fucking clue how to run a football team and refuses to hire anybody who does. Johnson got tired of playing for a team that will never win (And so long as they are in charge, the Bengals will never win anything).

Yeah, he's kind of a jackass, but who cares. He's never done anything detrimental to the team, and wanting to leave a shit situation isn't a bad thing. He wants to leave so that he can actually have a chance to win somewhere, it isn't like he was complaining about his own pay.

seachickens put another WR on IR today. if we don't beat them in week 2 we are fucking pathetic.

this season more than any other the seachickens are ripe to be dethroned. their offense is hurting, they have shitty RB's, their defense is banged up. no excuses for us or any other team in the NFC west this year.

Jazzy Network said:
So who is starting for Bengals at RB? need to know for fantasy purposes.

Chris Perry with Watson at #2/change of pace. But knowing the Bengals, the moment Perry hams it up or gets injured, Watson will be back at #1.

EDIT: Anybody else for Milabrega's fantasy football group? We're at 5 so far, hoping to draft tomorrow.

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
seachickens put another WR on IR today. if we don't beat them in week 2 we are fucking pathetic.

this season more than any other the seachickens are ripe to be dethroned. their offense is hurting, they have shitty RB's, their defense is banged up. no excuses for us or any other team in the NFC west this year.

I'm optimistic that the Bills will beat them Week 1, if we don't we're in for a long season.

Milabrega

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i told milberaga to PM me if he wanted me in. i received no PM!

Should I count you in or no? Everyone's preference was Yahoo or doesn't matter so we're going to use Yahoo. We're still going to need 4-6 more people though.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Prepare to be introduced to Jordan Kent, Courtney Taylor and Logan Payne. Groomed for a year on the practice squad, and ready to plug into the system and continue Seahawk dominance. And Branch has a chance (seems like 50-50 right now) to make the opener, maybe he'll slip a little and debut against you.

And defense banged up? Tats has a bruised knee, but he's 100% gonna be back for the opener. Everyone else is fine.

Your place will be the same as it has been for the past 4 seasons: under the Seahawks. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom