• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Hey, anyone got anything to say about Cities XL 2011?
I've asked twice with the same response you got. I guess we are on the wrong forum to be asking this question.

A few YouTube videos I watched make it look like a great experience. I just don't know if there is any actual gameplay elements.

duckroll

Something doesn't make sense to me here: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6882/

Killing Floor
Released 15 May 2009
-75% $14.99
$3.75

Killing Floor "London's Finest" Character Pack
Released 15 Dec 2010
-75% $1.99
$0.49

Killing Floor Outbreak Character Pack
Released 25 Jul 2009
-75% $1.99
$0.49

Killing Floor: Nightfall Character Pack
Released 20 May 2010
-75% $1.99
$0.49

Killing Floor: PostMortem Character Pack
Released 8 Oct 2010
-75% $1.99
$0.49

Individual price: $5.71 USD
Package price: $27.95 USD
Killing Floor - Daily Deal: -$21.00 USD
Cost to you: $6.95 USD

Why is the cost of the bundle $1.24 USD more than each individual item added together?

Petrie

Banned
duckroll said:
Something doesn't make sense to me here: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6882/

Killing Floor
Released 15 May 2009
-75% $14.99
$3.75

Killing Floor "London's Finest" Character Pack
Released 15 Dec 2010
-75% $1.99
$0.49

Killing Floor Outbreak Character Pack
Released 25 Jul 2009
-75% $1.99
$0.49

Killing Floor: Nightfall Character Pack
Released 20 May 2010
-75% $1.99
$0.49

Killing Floor: PostMortem Character Pack
Released 8 Oct 2010
-75% $1.99
$0.49

Individual price: $5.71 USD
Package price: $27.95 USD
Killing Floor - Daily Deal: -$21.00 USD
Cost to you: $6.95 USD

Why is the cost of the bundle $1.24 USD more than each individual item added together?

Weird, but also has me considering the packs. Are they worth it?

Petrie

Banned
Volcynika said:
If you want to play as different characters / give money to the devs, sure.

I bought the game but have yet to give it a try, don't really know yet what different characters add to the experience.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Petrie said:
Weird, but also has me considering the packs. Are they worth it?
Yeah, they are some sick skins and they are some cool devs (lots of community maps + official maps added to the game for everyone, new weapons, all for free).

Easy_D

never left the stone age
My NWN2 download is sitting at a nice 0kB/s per second :D!

Edit: The second I posted this it started to move :lol. 400!

duckroll

Iadien said:
Killing Floor shows up as $4.99 for me.

Weird:

cmfVq.jpg

13wuq.jpg

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Htown said:
Same here.

Maybe it discounts extra copies of KF for your friends if you already own it?

There's a discount on some games that you already own, I believe.

jSGId.jpg

dani_dc

Both the bundle and the individual items come off as 6.05 euros to me.

The price of killing floor seems to be less in your store region, $15 as opposed to $20/18euros of the US/Euro regions, that's what is causing the issue.

Damnit EA, can't you just go ahead and put Crysis up for sale so I can breathe easier about spending all this money? Every day I see my total add up and my frown gets lower as I think about the extra $15 - $20 or so I'll need to throw on top of that for Crysis.

I was just going for Mirror's Edge and Machinarium, but I guess I'll sleep on the couch tonight for NWN2. Hopefully just tonight.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
duckroll said:
I'm checking the site on a browser which isn't even logged in though.

I checked my other account that has Killing Floor, and it shows up as $4.99. It must be some bug then, I guess.

duckroll

dani_dc said:
Both the bundle and the individual items come off as 6.05 euros to me.

The price of killing floor seems to be less in your store region, $15 as opposed to $20/18euros of the US/Euro regions, that's what is causing the issue.

That's really unusual. This would be the first time I encountered a game which is cheaper in my region on Steam than in the US, considering that all prices are in USD. I've seen games which are available in the US which isn't available in my region, but never a game which is available, and is cheaper or more expensive than the US store. My brain is exploding.

Volcynika

duckroll said:
That's really unusual. This would be the first time I encountered a game which is cheaper in my region on Steam than in the US, considering that all prices are in USD. I've seen games which are available in the US which isn't available in my region, but never a game which is available, and is cheaper or more expensive than the US store. My brain is exploding.

duckroll hacking Steam confirmed.

Corto said:
I suspect you already know that they are available on GOG.com. But let me just say that they are in the case you don't know it yet.

My point exactly. Steam's sales = bigger discounts, and there's no hard to find notice of disappearance.

LCfiner

nothing for me today. wow. 2 days of no sales. what am I going to do with all this extra money I shouldn't have in my pocket?

dream

LCfiner said:
nothing for me today. wow. 2 days of no sales. what am I going to do with all this extra money I shouldn't have in my pocket?

oh my god so many presents for everyone?

Dambrosi

Banned
So, Killing Floor on sale, including all DLC. Well, no excuse for any further procrastination on my part. Bought. What's that? I get two guest passes too? Kickass!

Hmm, I've got everything else except NWN2 Plat and Serious Sam Gold, but my wallet won't allow either. Oh well.

*read thread, see glowing recommendations for SSHD* Hey, I remember playing the free weekend of this a while back, it's tons of fun. Controller enabled too, worth a look.

*read that SSHD double-pack is a whole dollar less than Gold*

*checks steam client* Ooooooh, just £2.20 for both? A steal, must buy--

*checks bank balance online, two pennies short*

darth-vader-noooo-o.gif

Oh wait, I can just go to the bank tomorrow morning and top up my account, that'll do i--

*realizes that tomorrow is yet another bank holiday in the UK due to Xmas being on the weekend*

vader_NOOOO.jpg

FUCK BANK HOLIDAYS FUCK THEM FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

Trip report from The Witcher: I bought the game on a whim since I wasn't really looking for a game with a fantasy setting being that I've been balls deep in WoW. I got to play an hour or two of Witcher and so far I'm intrigued enough to keep playing. It took me a bit to get the combat system since the animations and hit detection on the models kind of look like ass. Once I realized I had to switch styles depending on the opponent I made it through ok. The dialogue system at the beginning doesn't look very complex but I'm sure that will change. Voice acting and dialogue are kind of meh, but not so horrendous I'd stop playing. Should be a pretty fun experience once I get into it.

Luthos

Hearing good things about Machinarium, so I downloaded the demo to it, and it was pretty awesome. Only $3, so I bought it as well.

Volcynika

Dambrosi said:
So, Killing Floor on sale, including all DLC. Well, no excuse for any further procrastination on my part. Bought. What's that? I get two guest passes too? Kickass!

Hmm, I've got everything else except NWN2 Plat and Serious Sam Gold, but my wallet won't allow either. Oh well.

*read thread, see glowing recommendations for SSHD* Hey, I remember playing the free weekend of this a while back, it's tons of fun. Controller enabled too, worth a look.

*read that SSHD double-pack is a whole dollar less than Gold*

*checks steam client* Ooooooh, just £2.20 for both? A steal, must buy--

*checks bank balance online, two pennies short*

http://www.gifsoup.com/view2/1128717/darth-vader-noooo-o.gif[IMG]
Oh wait, I can just go to the bank tomorrow morning and top up my account, that'll do i--

*realizes that tomorrow is yet another bank holiday in the UK due to Xmas being on the weekend*

[IMG]http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/854/original/vader_NOOOO.jpg[IMG]
FUCK BANK HOLIDAYS FUCK THEM FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--[/QUOTE]

If you want the SSHD pack of both HD games since you can't get the money in, I'll hook you up if you want. Steam ID: Volcynika.

Cellbomber said:
I've asked twice with the same response you got. I guess we are on the wrong forum to be asking this question.

A few YouTube videos I watched make it look like a great experience. I just don't know if there is any actual gameplay elements.

Yea seriously, haha! It looks pretty nice and I've been looking for a city building sim with nice looks graphics. If it sucks though then why bother...

Also have a free copy of Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter to give away.

First person to quote me with a random picture of Derek Smart gets it.

Erasus

teiresias said:
Considering NWN2 and Mirror's Edge, but my backlog is huge as it is!!

Mirrors Edge is as awesome game, and takes 5-6h to complete. It is very fun, different and beautiful on PC.

Buy Serious Sam, people. I think I paid $15 or $20 for both and they are completely worth it. If you like the old style fps where they throw hundreds of enemies at you all at once, you'll love these games. Seriously, this is a no brainer.

Haeleos

The story of NWN1: Shadows of Undrentide and NWN2 pigeon hole your character's backstory so much, they might as well not even let you choose your race. Baldur's Gate is guilty of this too, but at least you can tell Imoen to piss off and not be constantly reminded of it.

I roleplay that my 185 year old dwarven Sun Cleric is being controlled by an illithid who has created a dull and lifeless mind-prison where I am an errand boy for my nasal voiced elven foster father...

... it makes the first 4 hours of NWN2 much better. Maybe that's actually the story, because I've never finished it.

Dumb question. So do I need to original editions of Serious Sam for any reason at all?
I'm guessing that is why the system requirements are low on the gold pack

Starwolf_UK said:
Dumb question. So do I need to original editions of Serious Sam for any reason at all?
I'm guessing that is why the system requirements are low on the gold pack

No, they're throwing in the original editions into the package as a bonus. I bought both hd sku's separately, and they play fine.

BloodySinner said:
So I got around to playing Serious Sam.

...what the fuck? Is this purposely supposed to be some sort of low budget run-n-gun game?

Yeah, I guess some people will be turned off by it. Stick with it, though. It's all about gameplay, and this baby delivers in spades.

AcridMeat

Banned
Well, I was doing so well saving money so far. Then Batman came along, now friend convinced me to get the Killing Floor bundle. :/

edit: Question about Killing Floor. Does anyone still play the vanilla game, or do I need to install the mod?

Hey guys, is Killing Floor any good? Thinking about dipping for it to play with the GAF group, but I'm having second thoughts. I absolutely love the Left 4 Dead series - is it similar?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
BloodySinner said:
So I got around to playing Serious Sam.

...what the fuck? Is this purposely supposed to be some sort of low budget run-n-gun game?
Yep! :D

FromTheFuture said:
Hey guys, is Killing Floor any good? Thinking about dipping for it to play with the GAF group, but I'm having second thoughts. I absolutely love the Left 4 Dead series - is it similar?

I have the same question. Was never really a fan of Left 4 Dead, so I'm not sure I would like this, either....

Insured

I, for one, wouldn't have bought SSHD gold if not for getting the originals too. My laptop most probably won't run the HD versions playable, and I prefer playing on the laptop despite having a more powerful desktop... Probably because the laptop fans don't make hellish noise all the time.

Is Mirror's Edge in the EU store really almost half the price from US/UK? This is rare!

AcridMeat

Banned
nextgeneration said:
I have the same question. Was never really a fan of Left 4 Dead, so I'm not sure I would like this, either....

From what I've always heard, and seen, it plays much differently from Left 4 Dead. It's more like counter-strike and round based, to my knowledge.

edit: AppleMIX, that's just the servers getting pounded. I had the same thing with Batman:AA

AppleMIX

205xmvd.jpg

Anyone else having this problem? It will download for a couple seconds and then drop to zero then go back to downloading before stopping again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom