• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Yaweee said:
Rush looks nice, and cheap. Any impressions? It came out this month.

It's great, a cute little puzzle game and a bargain at that price. They've added 4 extra levels already (free) and it's only been out a few weeks. It's from the devs that made Toki Tori so I expect solid support going forward.

vocab

Truespeed said:
Welcome to EA Games.

15q1yeg.png

You must be new here. 90% of those don't come with activation limits.

Dunlop

Dice said:
It's not about the risk, it's the principle of the matter. If you say "that's impractical, you're only losing out yourself" well that is often the nature of such matters, but living according to principles is what separates us from beasts.

that's fine, I stayed off of LIVE for years due to how overpriced the service was for canadians vs americans..more expensive and far less offerings.

I singled out the previous post because it was bumped twice on the same page, if it is your principles fine but Crysis is a great game (in my opinion obviously)

Why is Warhead cheaper than Crysis?

I have a retail copy of Crysis that I got for $10 a while back. Warhead is standalone, though, right?

What about Warband if I already have Mount & Blade?

Baha

Anybody here actually play ProtoGalaxy (indie deal of the day)? I need some impressions and hopefully some co-op impressions as well.

It also says 5 machine activations not 5 activations but I'm sure people will ignore like they have since the last page and you can contact support for more activations.

Hakkuei

fresquito said:
I'll repeat again:

Beware with Crysis DRM. It's got only 5 activations. You can't redeem them, it's just only five and when done, Crysis is gone forever.
Humm, if I uninstall and reinstall the game, does it counts as 1 activation ?

pslong009

Neo Member
Dunlop said:
for the whole $10 you spend...it is worth the "risk"

is there a way to save a gift (i.e I do not have a user name to give it to)?

My buddy is a huge fan of Heroes of Might and Magic, not really my thing but I assume he would love these games.

Problem is he is out of town for a week and does not have a steam account

You could either gift it to his e-mail account, or you could gift it to your own e-mail account and forward it to your buddy after he gets back. I did the latter with Portal for my dad for Xmas - worked great.

kharma45 said:
I've Sim City 4 working fine on Windows 7 x64 with a quad core CPU if you need another person to pipe up with it working. And sure it's what, $5, worth the risk!
i want my money back if it doesn't work :lol jk.

I should go hunt down to see if there' a demo.

gregor7777 said:
Oh and BTW, King's Bounty isn't some obscure Eastern European strategy war game or anything (despite its developers).

It's a very colorful and sort of wacky SRPG with lots of interesting types of uints for battle (snakes, wizards, dragons, medieval warriors, pirates, wolves, griffons, etc) and lots of variation.

One of my all time favourite games was Master of Magic from back in 1994. Would this game fit that bill?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Lumine said:
Is Rush any good by the way?
If you have the personality for it, and if you're getting Sim City 4, you probably do. Think of it as a Chu Chu Rocket puzzle mode in 3D.

Dunlop

pslong009 said:
You could either gift it to his e-mail account, or you could gift it to your own e-mail account and forward it to your buddy after he gets back. I did the latter with Portal for my dad for Xmas - worked great.

thanks!

Weenerz

Banned
Stuck at work, can someone post the list of whats on sale and at what price? Sorry to ask, but I must know if I am spending money when I get home!

What is the deal with ProtoGalaxy? Looks interesting.

Super bummed the King's Bounty games aren't cheaper individually. I was hoping to pick up Crossworlds for cheap but since I haven't finished the first two yet there's really no reason to get it. Though I must confess I would bite anyway if there weren't so many more interesting options; I am gonna have to break my one game rule today as it is. :p

Same problem with Mount & Blade, though that makes a bit more sense to pick up as it sounds like it just enhances the first campaign. And Warband is actually cheaper. Hmmm.

I think Lost Horizon is the cream of the crop for me. It takes me a bit over-budget for today but what the hell, I'll probably give Rush a spin too. Have to think about it, might get Warband instead.

Confidence Man said:
It includes ARMA 2 and OA. If you already have A2 and just want OA it's $10 by itself, so still cheaper than Steam.

I would pay for the convenience over price. Who wants to buy the digital copies from Amazon and then have to get the add-ons from Steam if that even works?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hakkuei said:
Humm, if I uninstall and reinstall the game, does it counts as 1 activation ?
I am pretty sure it is a Machine limit, not an installation limit. It will be a problem in the long run (You will EVENTUALLY go though 5 computers in x years.), but for all we know, EA may release a Patch that ditches the DRM in 5 minutes.

Plus, you can just crack the game if it becomes to problematic

1-D_FTW

I already have Crysis on disc, but I've been persuaded Warhead is still worth purchasing (thought Crysis was vastly superior for a while). +1 there.

Anyone have opinions on Rush? Seems like an interesting title.

fresquito said:
I'll repeat again:

Beware with Crysis DRM. It's got only 5 activations. You can't redeem them, it's just only five and when done, Crysis is gone forever.

So it's a rental of 1 dollar an installation. It's crap DRM, but it's also only 5 dollars. For one of the best shooters ever made. Ever.

Truespeed

fresquito said:
And yet Crysis isn't there. And no, I'm not blind, I'm talking about Crysis, not Warhead.

That message wasn't directed to you. As for Crysis, stop spreading FUD about it being GONE FOREVER. Call EA support. Done.

Yeef

Just Lost Horizon and Rush for me. I probably wouldn't have picked up Lost Horizon if that new Uncharted 3 footage hadn't been released today, honestly.

gotee12

Today's haul...

King's Bounty Platinum Collection
Crysis Complete Collection
Sim City 4 Deluxe
Section 8

It's only money, right guys? I mean, they're still printing more of it, right?

Hides from wife...

luxarific

Nork unification denier
So Crysis Max has never been cheaper, right? Think it's finally time for me to buy it.

Also, does Section 8 have native gamepad support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom