• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Fuck yeah Rush for 66% off :D

Was going to pick up this anyway but was holding out for the small chance the game was discounted further. No way I can pass on this one, the game looks great and all the support Two Tribes gave to Toki Tori is enough reason for me to jump in.

Might get Sim City 4.

Would get Crysis but I rather not pay for 5 activations no matter how cheap it is =\

atomsk

Party Pooper
picked up Crysis pack, so my damage this sale has been

Indie Fright Pack 5.00
Dragon-Age Ultimate 25.00
Crysis Maximum 10.00

40 bucks is not bad.

The only other game I'd bite on is Amnesia, and I'll wait till the 2nd just in case it hits $5

Firebrand

Rush bought, was hoping there'd be a sale on that. (€1.52, down from €2.25 :lol).

Also bought Mirror's Edge before previous sale ended, I hope it's worth that much. I already own it on the EAstore I think... since 1½ years back... which I think means I don't really own it any longer.

Scum

Crysis Complete Pack - £6.24! :O
I was contemplating getting this earlier as I cannot find my CD Key for Crysis and always wanted to try out Warhead, and now it's even more cheap to get than it was earlier on! Fuck yeah! :lol :lol

Ummm. don't buy Mount and Blade Complete... just go buy Mount and Blade Warband for 7.49 by itself... it has the same single player campaign mode just with more stuff added in.

And I highly recommend it because the multiplayer is incredible. I still play it regularly.

Petrie

Banned
Krakn3Dfx said:
So am I reading this right, there is no longer a subscription for Global Agenda?

Tempting...*scratches beard*

This just popped on my radar after reading this, can someone tell me more about this title?

fresquito

Nobody should buy Crysis. The DRM is utter garbage. It will only let you activate the game 5 times and that's it. Once those five times are done, you can say goodbye to Crysis.

Krakn3Dfx said:
So am I reading this right, there is no longer a subscription for Global Agenda?

Tempting...*scratches beard*

Same here...What is the deal with this game? I've never really heard anything about it.

mikespit1200 said:
Is section 8 some sort of Halo clone?

I've heard some people say Tribes...

Brandon F said:
Yes.

My biggest clunker so far in this sale has been Just Cause 2. The destruction is great, but everything else makes me NOT want to play it. I find the grapple really finnicky, the control not very good(even using a 360 pad), and the plot/characters just makes me embarrassed to have it on my HDD. At $7.50 it's not a serious regret at least.

Saboteur is so much better.

It's hard to imagine me disagreeing with this sentiment anymore. Of all the games I have bought during the holiday run-up and holiday sale proper, I have spent the most time with JC2. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Jacking a helicopter and just laying waste to everything never gets old to me.

King's Bounty is a turn-based SRPG. You build an army of various monsters and warriors and magic creatures and set them to battle on a grid.

Meanwhile, you have missions where you explore a mostly open (and very colorful) world.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO THE FOLLOWING:

Fans of SRPGs
Turn Based fans
Grid battle fans
Fans of awesome games

Tons of side quests, humor and in general just a great game.

Amneisac

Section 8 and Doom Complete bought. Already had crysis and I bought Tropico the other day so I don't see any reason to buy Sim City 4.

Already got King's Bounty collection and Dirt 2 from the halloween sale.

Nothing for me today either.

And the wait for Red Alert 3 continues...

Krakn3Dfx

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Same here...What is the deal with this game? I've never really heard anything about it.

I've heard some people say Tribes...

Yeah, I know a handful of people who totally get into this game.

Went ahead and snagged copies for myself and my son. Nothing else today on my list, so what the hell.

Ruzai

Yaweee said:
Rush looks nice, and cheap. Any impressions? It came out this month.

scorcho said:
Is Rush worth the $1.69? i'm debating either that or a tall pike with a shot of vanilla on my way to the gym.

I've had a lot of fun with rush, and would say it's well worth that price. It plays a bit like single player Chu-Chu Rocket. You have to lay down tiles (directional and special, like one that sorts so the first cube goes left, 2nd goes right and they alternate from there) so that the blocks reach the goal without falling off the edge of colliding with each other. It's also getting free additional level updates.

Pffff, I might as well buy the Crysis pack at this price, even though I probably won't be able to play it for a few years. Also added Simcity 4 and Mount & Blade complete to the cart.

Does anybody know if Sturmovik: 1946 is any good? I might break down and get that as well.

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
BigAT said:
So, Mirror's Edge: worth the $5?

It's too late now, but yes, yes, a thousand times, yes.

I LOVE Mirror's Edge, and the only real knock against it, other than folks not caring for gunplay or combat (and the point of the game is to avoid those), was the overall length, which is a TOTAL nonfactor at that price.

Moreover, it looks UNBELIEVABLE on PC. One of the best looking games ever made, and will be so for a very long time. It's about art direction, not cool shaders and special effects, and Mirror's Edge boasts some of the most impressive art direction ever found in a game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
They almost had me with Crysis but the DRM is enough of an excuse to not get it.

Dunlop

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Do you reccomend me buy the complete crysis pack, or only one of them?

complete, Crysis is the only game from last year (maximus edition was $10 then I believe) that I actually completed. I had originally purchased it to test out the performance on my new PC

great great game

kharma45

ashbash159 said:
I think I'll get the Crysis games today but I want to know how well they'll run on my 5770 GPU. All other PC components are good.

They both run great on my 5770, but then again I'm only playing them at 1280x1024, not the most taxing resolution.

fresquito

I'll repeat again:

Beware with Crysis DRM. It's got only 5 activations. You can't redeem them, it's just only five and when done, Crysis is gone forever.

drizzle said:
Crysis Complete Pack was 7.50 not too long ago. Sim City 4, a what, 7 year old game that doesn't even run properly (unless they changed the game on the Steam version, because the disk version crashes every 10 minutes and has shitty performance) for 5 bucks?

These sales are kind of disappointing, to tell you the truth.

I've heard people mention having problem with SC4 and multi core processors, but i've never encountered them. At leawst not with the Steam version.

Windows 7 64-bit
Quad core CPU

Still a great game and well worth the price, IMO

I changed my mind on crysis, am I right in saying it's only the 32bit version on steam? and only 5 activations means 5 installs or 5 pc's overall?

I am willing to just buy the first game to try it out for £2 though, dunno.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Dice said:
They almost had me with Crysis but the DRM is enough of an excuse to not get it.
What type of DRM does it have?

Also, How is Global Agenda. Watch the trailer and it had a lot of shit going on.

DownWithTheShip said:
I've heard people mention having problem with SC4 and multi core processors, but i've never encountered them. At leawst not with the Steam version.

Windows 7 64-bit
Quad core CPU

Still a great game and well worth the price, IMO
hhmm. was considering. don't want to take the chance of it not running. but it's $5.

Dunlop

fresquito said:
I'll repeat again:

Beware with Crysis DRM. It's got only 5 activations. You can't redeem them, it's just only five and when done, Crysis is gone forever.

for the whole $10 you spend...it is worth the "risk"

It is indeed sir. A must own for turn based fans.
is there a way to save a gift (i.e I do not have a user name to give it to)?

My buddy is a huge fan of Heroes of Might and Magic, not really my thing but I assume he would love these games.

Problem is he is out of town for a week and does not have a steam account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom