• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Jinfash said:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, guys I need help with my first Steam purchase.

I added a few games to my cart and wanted to gift them to a friend. I chose to pay with paypal which I'm certain is active with enough funds. As I was trying to complete the last step of the checkout Steam notified me that there was a failure in the authentication session. I tried purchasing with my credit card directly, but it was declined.

As a last resort, I tested adding funds to my $0.00 Steam wallet ($5) and it went through and got added. I tried again, this time adding $25, and the everything went smoothly with my balance now at $30.

I go back to the cart, change my paying method to Steam's Wallet, and I get the same friggin' message! how's that possible? Steam already has the funds!

Please help.

lol could it be the timing? some of the items that were on sale are not processing?

HELP?!

j78fuf.jpg

Mount and Blade complete, Dirt 2, the Doom pack, and Kings Bounty are all worth the purchase. I might get Section 8 for kicks and giggles, but the last few days have been busts for me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Alright, all you punks who still haven't bought DiRT 2 have no excuse now.

Amneisac

I'm holding out for a deep cut on Singularity. I really hope I'm not disappointed.

Section 8 always looks neat, but I'm sure it'd just sit in my backlog forever.

Dambrosi

Banned
FUCK ME YES I AM THE STEAM SOOTHSAYER

YES EA ALL OVER MAH FACE AFASDFASASDGSDVNODVV'NCJVM'KSNDV'OSDN'VODV

BLOODLINES 75-90% OFF TOMORROW, I'M-A BETTING MAH TF2 HATS ON IT! :lol

Petrie

Banned
Everything is out of my impulse buy range at this point in the sale. Will think about Sim City 4, Doom Pack, and read up to see if this King's Bounty is worth it.

Yaweee

King's Bounty Platinum is a good deal, and entirely expected (basically the same price Amazon has had it for its own sale). It is two lengthy RPGs, one of which is its greatly expanded edition, plus two mini-campaigns and the campaign editor. Both The Legend and Armored Princess are among my favorite games of recent years. They're basically RPGs with addicting SRPG combat systems, tons of customization, and pretty good re-playability. The soundtrack is awesome, too.

Rush looks nice, and cheap. Any impressions? It came out this month.

Simcity 4 is among the best games ever, so $5 is a damn good price. There is a physical SC collection that normally retails for $20 that might be a overall better deal on sale, though.

Amneisac

DarkUSS said:
I have a GTX 460 1GB, how will Crysis run?

I have the same card with an i5-750 and apart from some frustration with win 7 64 bit and it crashing anytime I change any graphics settings (this is only on crysis 1) it runs on high settings 1920x1080 with nary a hitch.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Crysis Complete Pack was 7.50 not too long ago. Sim City 4, a what, 7 year old game that doesn't even run properly (unless they changed the game on the Steam version, because the disk version crashes every 10 minutes and has shitty performance) for 5 bucks?

These sales are kind of disappointing, to tell you the truth.

LugNut74

Oh boy King's Bounty Platinum for 8.74 is really calling for me to get. I have been doing great this year only picking up ME2 when it was on sale. Hmm.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Is Rush worth the $1.69? i'm debating either that or a tall pike with a shot of vanilla on my way to the gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom