• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
BigAT said:
So, Mirror's Edge: worth the $5?

Yes.

My biggest clunker so far in this sale has been Just Cause 2. The destruction is great, but everything else makes me NOT want to play it. I find the grapple really finnicky, the control not very good(even using a 360 pad), and the plot/characters just makes me embarrassed to have it on my HDD. At $7.50 it's not a serious regret at least.

Saboteur is so much better.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Quick question: how do I stop Steam from pausing my downloads when I want to play something? I'm planning on spending the next several hours downloading the Witcher again, and then I want to play it while I re-download the rest of my library.

kennah

The_Technomancer said:
Quick question: how do I stop Steam from pausing my downloads when I want to play something? I'm planning on spending the next several hours downloading the Witcher again, and then I want to play it while I re-download the rest of my library.
Alt tab. Resume. Click back into the game.

Volcynika

The_Technomancer said:

Alt+Tab out, resume download.

krzy123

The_Technomancer said:

Yeah it would be nice. I'm d/ling DA:Ultimate w/ the same issue.

Edit: k solved.

gonna bet that today they'll have 2 games i'll want.

Minsc said:
Maybe this will help, works well for me, though you may have already seen/tried something similar, and it's still no WASD.

Gonna take a look at that when I get home. thanks!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Minsc said:
Maybe this will help, works well for me, though you may have already seen/tried something similar, and it's still no WASD.

I have the same problem with NWN2, after WoW, DA:O, and other similar experiences, it's control scheme really puts a damper on things. I'll scan that page you linked and see if it turns things around. Really itching to try out MotB sometime in my life.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BigAT said:
So, Mirror's Edge: worth the $5?
A highly acclaimed game many bought for $60 on release?

Yes, it's probably worth $5. C'mon guys this is getting ridiculous. The question should be, is this my type of game that I'll enjoy, not whether blockbuster x is worth y.

Glix

Any chance that we see a new D&D game every day? If they got NWN2, surely they could get others? No?

Like BG2, and Icewind and stuff.

Also, fingers crossed for a V:TM sale!

Krakn3Dfx

Brandon F said:
Yes.

My biggest clunker so far in this sale has been Just Cause 2. The destruction is great, but everything else makes me NOT want to play it. I find the grapple really finnicky, the control not very good(even using a 360 pad), and the plot/characters just makes me embarrassed to have it on my HDD. At $7.50 it's not a serious regret at least.

Saboteur is so much better.

The compulsive completionist in me made me 100% way more of that game than I should have.

Having said that, I loved me some Just Cause 2, and still play it off and on occasionally.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I just got Mirror's Edge. I wasn't even thinking about it before.

The hivemind is strong during Steam sales.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, guys I need help with my first Steam purchase.

I added a few games to my cart and wanted to gift them to a friend. I chose to pay with paypal which I'm certain is active with enough funds. As I was trying to complete the last step of the checkout Steam notified me that there was a failure in the authentication session. I tried purchasing with my credit card directly, but it was declined.

As a last resort, I tested adding funds to my $0.00 Steam wallet ($5) and it went through and got added. I tried again, this time adding $25, and the everything went smoothly with my balance now at $30.

I go back to the cart, change my paying method to Steam's Wallet, and I get the same friggin' message! how's that possible? Steam already has the funds!

Please help.

Dambrosi

Banned
I NEED A HERO! (BAD-A-BUM)

I'M CALLING OUT FOR A HEEEEEEERRO 'TIL THE END OF THE NIIIII-IIIIIIGHT

AND HE'S GOTTA BE STRONG, AND HE'S GOTTA BE FAST

AND HE'S GOOOOOTTA BE FRESH FOR THE FIIIII-IIIIIGHT

crysis-2.jpg

"...someone call?"

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I've held fast for two days. I didn't even get NWN2, which is the type of RPG I'd play.

Lets see how I fare in a minute or so...

SNIKT!

Dammit I'm weak! I finally caved in and bought Mirror's Edge and NWN2 today. With only minutes left! :lol
I've had steam for a whie but never participated in any of these sales. I've definitely been missing out. The total damage so far this year is...

Bully
Burnout: Paradise
Deus Ex bundle
Just Cause II
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Mirror's Edge
Never Winter Nights II
Prince of Persia trilogy
The Polynomial
Portal
Super Meat Boy
Tomb Raider Anniversary