• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

btw knicks in the playoffs two years in a row

yall jelly as fuck

PZzDVm.jpg

When was the last time ya'll passed the first round again?

juaNim.jpg

SamuraiX-

Somebody forgot to tell that Lakers that all you have to do to beat the Kings is crowd the middle.

No, really. Don't even go within 5 feet of the 3-point line.

cacophony

Jesus Christ that Flo Rida song was in 2 back to back commercials. So god damn sick of that. And I actually liked that original sample before he ruined it.

Also fuck the Rockets for not tanking

thekad

Banned
Hey, I'm fervently pro-tank, but you don't tank for just good players unless you already have your star. Bobcats don't have that.

Also, Heat and Spurs in 4.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Hey, I'm fervently pro-tank, but you don't tank for just good players unless you already have your star. Bobcats don't have that.

Also, Heat and Spurs in 4.

How else are they supposed to acquire a star?

thekad

Banned
How else are they supposed to acquire a star?

I just said I'm pro-tank; it's the best of all alternatives. I just don't think you should be happy coming out of a 7 win season with Bradley Beal. It's okay to say the tank failed, even if there was no better choice. Hopefully, the Bobcats won't have to worry about that though (unless the Rockets win the lottery).

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I just said I'm pro-tank; it's the best of all alternatives. I just don't think you should be happy coming out of a 7 win season with Bradley Beal. It's okay to say the tank failed, even if there was no better choice.

I'd take Barnes over Beal.

linsivvi

Here's a suggestion: Do the lottery during the allstar break. Doesn't matter what happens the rest of the season, you are stuck with the pick.

Here's a suggestion: Do the lottery during the allstar break. Doesn't matter what happens the rest of the season, you are stuck with the pick.

I heard a good proposal.

Draft odds based on the number of wins you accumulate after the team is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

I have a proposal. best odds go to 4 5 and 6th worst teams, then 1st 2nd and 3rd worst.

Teams would not intentionally lose much.

Jonm1010

Banned
I feel like no one on this board thinks any of the top prospects this year are worth a damn.

Do any of you like even a single prospect? All I hear is bitching about how garbage everyone will probably be.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I feel like no one on this board thinks any of the top prospects this year are worth a damn.

Do any of you like even a single prospect? All I hear is bitching about how garbage everyone will probably be.
Its like this every year.

Everywhere.

Canuck76

Banned

Hahahaha that's pretty much how it is here.

Apparently when Crawful was being interviewed by Nate he didn't ask anything about the team but how many shots/minutes he would get. Nate told him he would have to play defense and he almost didn't sign the contract

giri

Naw, injuries happen, then teams could make a push for the 6th spot.

So you could in theory win the #1 overall pick, and the chip.

I like around 20-25 guys in this draft, just not sure anyone other than Davis is worth a top 3 pick. I think Beal could maybe be an all-star, Drummond could in like 6 years, and MKG could if he learns how to shoot and doesn't die in the NBA, and Robinson is good, but I don't think those guys are top 3 level.

I heard a good proposal.

Draft odds based on the number of wins you accumulate after the team is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

I have a proposal. best odds go to 4 5 and 6th worst teams, then 1st 2nd and 3rd worst.

Legit shit teams would get fucked, like Bobcats. Then they'll only get marginally better over longer periods. Until they luck into a star.

pilonv1

There's a bunch of guys I like, but not with a top 5 pick. And there's a bunch of guys who from 10-20 will be good pickups as well. Just that second tier of guys isn't there behind Davis and MKG.

Reminds me of the 2002 draft which was another 2 man draft (at the time obviously).

I heard a good proposal.

Should be weighted lottery over three years. Otherwise you're just rewarding dumb luck

Barrage

Raptors were awful this year, had any talented players on the team out for substantil amounts of time...and are only gonna get #8?

Tankin' ain't fair. Pay Nash and have him do a farewell tour, let's turn this cemetary into a circus.

linsivvi

Naw, injuries happen, then teams could make a push for the 6th spot.

So you could in theory win the #1 overall pick, and the chip.

Obviously the idea can be fine-tuned to prevent that from happening. The idea is to identify the bad teams early on so everybody can move on and play real basketball the 2nd half of the season.

Should be weighted lottery over three years. Otherwise you're just rewarding dumb luck

I like this.

I don't care that much for the top aside from Davis but there's a lot of talent in the first round. Maybe only one or two franchise guys but a whole bunch of potential impact starters/fringe all-star players.

Top Bottom