• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT7| Krul luck for Costa Rica after masterstroke from van Gaal

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnfout

Yes they are. And we got the right shade of orange this year. And i also really like our away / guest shirt:
577963-471_1.jpg

Agreed! Love the Dutch away shirt!

Got my own for the match on wedneyday:

jts

...hate me...
Problem with kits this year is the fucking unicolor.

Portugal is all red. France is all blue (well socks are red). Holland is all orange. Germany is all white. Etc. wtf happened there.

Portugal is all red. France is all blue (well socks are red). Holland is all orange. Germany is all white. Etc. wtf happened there.

and Brazil is all yellow...but after the semifinal they will feel really blue...because they will be in the match for 3rd place...
wishful thinking of a german guy...

Chuckie

It's actually not unicolor. However rules state that not only the shirts but also the shorts are supposed to differ from your opponent.

This is what it is supposed to be:

Oranjeshirt-568x288.jpg

However the opponents the Netherlands were playing (when in orange) all had white shorts, so Netherlands used orange shorts.

I am not sure how is decided who gets to wear white shorts though.

LNBL

Oh shit! Nigel de Jong is healing faster than expected and some are thinking he might even make the Semi final, that would be amazing.

Linius

Oh shit! Nigel de Jong is healing faster than expected and some are thinking he might even make the Semi final, that would be amazing.

He was already doing some training with the ball yesterday according to the press. Looks like a possible final should surely be an option for him. But the semis are more likely to come too early, don't get your hopes up yet.

LNBL

He was already doing some training with the ball yesterday according to the press. Looks like a possible final should surely be an option for him. But the semis are more likely to come too early, don't get your hopes up yet.

But :( I wan't him back so he can go hunt down Messi

Linius

At least he's ahead of the expected schedule, that's something to hold on. Would be great if we see him again this world cup.

Kosma

Banned
Playing him is such a risk though if he is not fully recovered, might cost a substitute.

Things for the Argentina game:

If Vlaar isn't there play with Janmaat, Blind, Kongolo, Indi at the back. Kuyt on Messi 24/7. Wijnaldum and Clasie cm. Sneijder, RVP and Robben.

Linius

Playing him is such a risk though if he is not fully recovered, might cost a substitute.

I trust in Van Gaal. If it comes to Nigel starting against Argentina I suppose he's fit enough to play. Van Gaal is a risk calculator after all, he won't start a player if he doesn't believe they can do the job he's planned for them.

Make that Fer over Clasie if you can.

Clasie. Lol. Such an overrated midfielder who has even less physique than Sneijder and an even worse technique. The rankings go from; Fer, De Guzman, Clasie and Wijnaldum imo. I do see him being better than Wijnaldum. He is just a snooze to watch.

Linius

HmeHdlY.png

It's official now, Kuipers is coming home after three games. He did England - Italy, Switserland - France and Colombia - Uruguay.

willow ve

The Brazil v Argentina 3rd place match will be the first time the 3rd place match is worth watching.

Think about these two nations with literally nothing left to lose. Red cards all around. Would be glorious.

LAM09

The Brazil v Argentina 3rd place match will be the first time the 3rd place match is worth watching.

Think about these two nations with literally nothing left to lose. Red cards all around. Would be glorious.

Don't you mean Germany Vs Argentina? ;)

Bild says that all refs were told ahead of the WC by FIFA to hold back on giving yellow cards if they wanted a chance to get more games. Could explain the extremely low amount of cards, too many late tackels have gone unpunished and I still haven't seen a single card for flopping or kicking the ball away even though it happens every game
I suspected that refs had made an agreement on the rules of conduct. In my opinion it was not a bad decision in general. However, it has resulted in inconsistent reffing and seemingly unlogical decisions being made. Schwalbes have been much less frequent than I expected. Something, I believe is a direct result of the less strickt rules.

Randam

Yeah, we need to bring the black shorts back.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Brazil has only beaten Croatia.

Argentina has beaten Bosnia, Switzerland, and Belgium.

That statistic means nothing against Germany or The Netherlands...

So are you saying Bosnia Switzerland and Belgium are shit? Here's another statistic: NL did 90 more fouls than Arg.

Pezking

That's beautiful, plus I love Alfa Romeo.

Plus Porto played you guys last season.

I'd grab one of those for sure.

Yeah, that 2nd leg game was a heartbreaker for us. But I'm glad we even made it that difficult for you guys to advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom