• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-2016 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| 2 can play the 1-and-done game

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm almost surprised how much play in the media this has gotten. Its not a fight, or a play that resulted in injury, its not even remarkably new.

If its not Steph Curry, the sports media hot takers don't have anything to talk about.

Fjordson

Jamal Murray could be the best scorer Calipari's ever had. Damn shame that he and Ulis got stuck with the rest of this team. A waste of their talent.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Malcolm Brogdon deserves ACC Player of the Year at this point. Amazing game tonight.

Also, Roy Williams is such a gracious coach. I have a lot of respect for him.

Duke and Pitt at 2PM on CBS.

Courtesy of @LauraKeeley:

CcUhLQKWoAIF14f.jpg

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Duke playing like they have something better to do back in Durham. Fortunately for me, I do have something better to do than watch this game.

This may be the hottest I've seen a whole team ever be in one college game.

I mean, give Duke's defense their credit, they've been terrible, but Pitt is going off all the same

thefro

Thanks Buckeyes! *barf*

Big Ten Championship clinched, hopefully we just finish off the outright title on Tuesday.

Yep... I'm happy but they really ought to be able to win one of the next two and win the title outright.

Hope we don't get a repeat of "IU loses at home, Crean cuts down the nets since we clenched a tie earlier in the day".

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Yep... I'm happy but they really ought to be able to win one of the next two and win the title outright.

Hope we don't get a repeat of "IU loses at home, Crean cuts down the nets since we clenched a tie earlier in the day".

Can we cut down Iowa's nets if we in on Tuesday?

thefro

JJ Redick has a podcast. Who knew.

http://art19.com/shows/vertical-jj-redick/episodes/87599d79-defa-4b26-8801-86f5bb354956

On the most recent podcast, he spent the first 4 or 5 minutes going against the "white Duke villain" idea.

I think it's just "Duke Villain". People hate Duke for the same reason they hate the New York Yankees or the Cheatriots (although they're closer to Kentucky). They're consistently good.

Most programs will have cocky players go through... I don't think Duke's any different in that regards except that people remember them because they were good players on good teams.

I think it's just "Duke Villain". People hate Duke for the same reason they hate the New York Yankees or the Cheatriots (although they're closer to Kentucky). They're consistently good.

Most programs will have cocky players go through... I don't think Duke's any different in that regards except that people remember them because they were good players on good teams.

It really is a white villain, though. Duke always has talented players, but it seems to always be the white guy getting the majority of the hate. People hate Duke, yes, but individuals on the team get more hate than others. Redick's point was centered around that much of it is manufactured, a media-driven thing. Some guys earn it, Redick admits again (as he has in the past) that he played into it after it was already present. For other guys, it just gets dumped on them because they're next in line.

In this thread for the past couple of years, we've joked about it being Allen's turn and we say Kennard is next in line, but notice how as soon as he does the slightest thing, the articles were ready to go.

Can Duke give their ACC Tourney spot to Louisville? Is that in the game?

If these dudes look this bad on 2 days rest in a home game against Wake Forest they might as well just skip getting embarrassed in DC

Proelite

Can Duke give their ACC Tourney spot to Louisville? Is that in the game?

If these dudes look this bad on 2 days rest in a home game against Wake Forest they might as well just skip getting embarrassed in DC

Well, I think we peaked over the louisville to louisville span. Took too much effort to beat those good teams.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Well, I think we peaked over the louisville to louisville span. Took too much effort to beat those good teams.

I kinda wish that streak hadn't happened, I was completely at peace with Duke being NIT team this year. They done fucked everything up.

How many months till football?

Top Bottom