• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Hobonichi Techo

Status
Not open for further replies.

luiztfc

Guys, is the japanese version (Cousin) much worse than the one in English (Techno)? The bigger size would be much better for me, plus I fell in love with the Harris Tweed Hamish cover.

I mean, just look at this baby:

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2015/planner/detail_cover/c_cl_hamish.html

zoom_1.jpg

zoom_3.jpg

zoom_4.jpg

slide_3.jpg

Unfortunately, it's out of stock, but I can always buy the cover later

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
Guys, is the japanese version (Cousin) much worse than the one in English (Techno)? The bigger size would be much better for me, plus I fell in love with the Harris Tweed Hamish cover.

I mean, just look at this baby:

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2015/planner/detail_cover/c_cl_hamish.html

zoom_1.jpg

zoom_3.jpg

zoom_4.jpg

slide_3.jpg

Unfortunately, it's out of stock, but I can always buy the cover later

I got the cousin. You miss out on the daily quotes - that's the big downside. But the extra room is super luxurious.

luiztfc

I got the cousin. You miss out on the daily quotes - that's the big downside. But the extra room is super luxurious.

To be frank, my biggest gripe is that the weekdays will be in English and thus won't be easily recognizable at first glance, lol.

Edit:

Ended up buying the Techno with a TS Black Cover!

Okay, I ordered the planner. No cover. Maybe I'll get one later. I know I won't get it until around the 10th (my birthday) maybe, but I'm still excited! I actually grabbed a cheap spiral notepad and started taking noted today so I can tape 'em in when I get the Hobonichi.

QdmFEAh.jpg

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
Okay, I ordered the planner. No cover. Maybe I'll get one later. I know I won't get it until around the 10th (my birthday) maybe, but I'm still excited! I actually grabbed a cheap spiral notepad and started taking noted today so I can tape 'em in when I get the Hobonichi.

QdmFEAh.jpg

These are awesome. Dammit. I need to step up my hobonichi game.

injurai

Banned

QdmFEAh.jpg

You're art reminds me of Elite Beat Agents.

How's a Nakaya Naka-ai Writer Ballpen Heki-tamenuri? Only $500!

QZbM1BQ.jpg

What's your budget like? Anything in specific you're looking for? (Disposable, refillable via cartridge/converter, etc)
All I'm really looking for is a good disposable pen. I'm always losing my pens so yeah its the best bet for me.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
All I'm really looking for is a good disposable pen. I'm always losing my pens so yeah its the best bet for me.

Honestly, if I absolutely have to use something that isn't a fountain pen, it's gonna be a Pilot G2. Low cost, available almost everywhere it seems, fantastic performance. I've never bothered with the likes of a Bic Crystal after I used it.

ZetaEpyon

Yeah, have been using mine since it arrived on Christmas Eve. Mainly just using it as a journal - works well because I don't usually have much to say, and the smaller size is just enough for a few random thoughts each day.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Did the Planner just recently go out of stock? This isn't some sort of limited English release, is it?

I need one now.

norm9

Second year in a row that I've used the techo. Really like it. I use it for a mishmashing of checklists, doodles, reminders, quick ideas, and most importantly, it looks like I'm doing something work-related at work when I'm writing in it at my cubicle.

This morning I realized it's the 6th and they started processing orders again so mine will be in there somewhere. Also dug up a memory about some old stickers I had been hanging onto for years so I'm going to hunt those down later. I'm excited!

The one thing that hit me... I didn't buy the clear cover for it but I don't want to place a whole 'nother order just for that. Is it worth it?

This morning I realized it's the 6th and they started processing orders again so mine will be in there somewhere. Also dug up a memory about some old stickers I had been hanging onto for years so I'm going to hunt those down later. I'm excited!

The one thing that hit me... I didn't buy the clear cover for it but I don't want to place a whole 'nother order just for that. Is it worth it?
I've been using mine a lot since the new year and strongly considering buying a cover for it now :/

Maybe I'll make one out of a brown paper bag.

Chairhome

Just realized this would have been the perfect Christmas present for my best friend, I'll have to keep an eye on this thread so I know when they're back in stock.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
I'm willing to forgive Cystm for his Moleskine-related crimes against paper, as he put together an excellent Journal OT here.

Cranzor

The page for the EarthBound cover says sales should resume on January 15. How fast do they usually sell out? If the English techo isn't back in stock by then, I don't want to have to pay for shipping again once it comes back in stock. I guess I could always get a Japanese techo.

EDIT: Oh, I just realized there's an option to hold shipments. Looks like there's my answer!

According to the email I got my order was shipped today (1/7). Anyone on the west coast order one? Wondering how long it will take to get to Los Angeles?
Ooh! We might get ours the same day! :) Did note the email mentioned anywhere from three to seven days though. I figured I'll be waiting the full week.

Mine was supposed to arrive on Saturday, but nobody was there to sign for it, so first thing tomorrow I'm picking mine up from the post office. Earthbound cover, yes. Can't wait.

According to the Japanese tracking number, mine was in customs in Chicago Saturday morning (my birthday!) at 11. I'm in KC, so hopefully if they got it through that day, it means I may get it today or within the next day or two?

Yay! Mine showed up today!
And as a completely wonderful bonus, the clear cover was included with my Onett cover... which I wasn't expecting because I hadn't remember it came with it when I ordered it. Thought when it meant "cover only", it just meant the printed one.

Super cute though. I'll make my first entry later after work.

Edit: I'll note the colour looks a bit washed out in that photo. It was a tad dark in the room. The green is pretty vibrant.

Yay! Mine showed up today!

And as a completely wonderful bonus, the clear cover was included with my Onett cover... which I wasn't expecting because I hadn't remember it came with it when I ordered it. Thought when it meant "cover only", it just meant the printed one.

Super cute though. I'll make my first entry later after work.

Edit: I'll note the colour looks a bit washed out in that photo. It was a tad dark in the room. The green is pretty vibrant.

Did it show up via USPS? assuming you're in the States I mean.

has anybody had any issue using their credit card to order them? I tried to buy one, but my visa rejected it and thought it was fraud but I went through the steps to ensure it wouldn't be detected as fraud. Then when I tried again to purchase it, the site kept on rejecting the card

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
GHnCx09.png

Hobonichilove is run by Lindsay, who did the English translation of the Hobonichi Techo. So this is straight from the horse's translator's mouth.

That may not be a real expression.

Somehow I got on board the Techo hype train lol. I just ordered an original with the navy cover. I'm thinking about ordering the Marigold cover + an original for my wife when they're back in stock in two days.

These look so sweet. I wish I had the dedication for a planner, or the need for one really, but everything about them seems useful in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom