• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I guess this guy will have to go back to the parlor:

QMKHdlg.jpg

otapnam

He can't think of team that lost two all Stars and still made Finals.

Iggy played good D, is versatile, but the GS defensive scheme was solid team wide.

He doesn't like being so inefficient, doesn't like the rest of his team only generated 4 assists.

Doesn't look at any finals loss any more painfully than the rest.

He's banging up his body and sometimes questions if it's all worth it if he's just gonna lose in the Finals. Obviously frustrating.

Hes lucky hes never had a real injury.yet. great player.

If the Finals were a best of seven series, Lebron would be eliminated. And Dellavedova just sucked his way out of a nice Knicks contract. Oh and I'm happy that the people clamoring for the return of the JR Smith Fuckball Special got their wish, even if perhaps fittingly it came during garbage time.

Congrats Warriors, that team was a blast to watch and totally deserved the title they tried so hard to give away.

Fjordson

Lebron shot 38 percent this series with Iguodala on the floor. What a performance from Dre, on both ends of the floor. So happy he got a ring.

If the Finals were a best of seven series, Lebron would be eliminated. And Dellavedova just sucked his way out of a nice Knicks contract. Oh and I'm happy that the people clamoring for the return of the JR Smith Fuckball Special got their wish, even if perhaps fittingly it came during garbage time.

Congrats Warriors, that team was a blast to watch and totally deserved the title they tried so hard to give away.

the Finals are a 7 game series.

realwords

This is the beginning of a new dynasty. I'm telling you. I've been accurate as fuck this year with predictions and you can count it. Dubs will be in the finals next year.

With Gentry leaving to coach the Pelicans, the impending contract fiasco that's going to come in 2016, and reshifting in Western Conference rosters as healthy players return? Can't easily agree with you.

XiaNaphryz

With Gentry leaving to coach the Pelicans, the impending contract fiasco that's going to come in 2016, and reshifting in Western Conference rosters as healthy players return? Can't easily agree with you.

I think the GS ownership has said they'll take a tax hit next season to keep Green since Lee is off the books the following year. The likely improvement of the rest of the top West squads are the main issue for GS than anything else. That said, GS definitely has room to improve as well. They need better consistency and need to work on those turnovers they're prone to committing.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Can't believe Steph got his chip so soon after his comeback from the ankle worries. I wonder if this will indeed be the beginning of the Golden Age for the NBA. The West is unbelievably stacked.

Fjordson

What is the contract fiasco? As long as we keep Curry, Klay and Draymond and add decent pieces in the future around them we'll be competitive. And GS will get cap relief after next season when the cap goes up.

We won't be a dynasty, though. The NBA is actually starting to get some parity and is super competitive. Won't be any dynasties in the near future. No three peats or anything and maybe not even a back-to-back imo.

the cap increase in 2016 is going to really help them. David Lee is expiring after next year (right in time for the cap to go up). Things will be tight for a year or so but they should be able to build comfortably around the Curry/Green/Thompson core. The key will be nailing draft picks and low money free agent signings to keep their depth. That said, predicting dynasties is always picky. It takes a lot to get to that level and things don't always work out the way you want them to. I mean, even though they didn't win the title everyone thought the Thunder were going to be the next great dynasty after 2012 and now they have all sorts of question marks.

Getting back to the finals is hard. They already got a huge break by avoiding the injury bug that plagued the league this year. We'll see how this shakes out.

Bruh do you anything about this rosters contracts? We are in the best possible position. We'll be in the tax one year hell maybe we won't even be we could trade Lee. Then the cap explodes and if we moved some salary could sign a max player. And then the cap is going to explode again!

Steph is criminally underpaid so we can get away with a lot. Klay is on a long term deal. Dray is about to get paid but it'd manageable because the impending cap explosion. Our FO are basically gods. And very lucky.

And going back to back is very hard. But people forget this team is incredibly young. We're actually going to have a ton of guys get better. Our MVP isn't even 28. Klay isnt even in his prime yet. Room to grow and we already have a championship team.

XiaNaphryz

Getting back to the finals is hard. They already got a huge break by avoiding the injury bug that plagued the league this year. We'll see how this shakes out.

GS was also the only team to track player fatigue over the course of the season with body sensors during practices to determine when to rest players to explicitly try and reduce injuries. I expect other teams to follow suit, likely the Spurs since that falls in line with what Pop has been trying to do with resting guys.

Bruh do you anything about this rosters contracts? We are in the best possible position. We'll be in the tax one year hell maybe we won't even be we could trade Lee. Then the cap explodes and if we moved some salary could sign a max player. And then the cap is going to explode again!

Steph is criminally underpaid so we can get away with a lot. Klay is on a long term deal. Dray is about to get paid but it'd manageable because the impending cap explosion. Our FO are basically gods. And very lucky.

And going back to back is very hard. But people forget this team is incredibly young. We're actually going to have a ton of guys get better. Our MVP isn't even 28. Klay isnt even in his prime yet. Room to grow and we already have a championship team.

Lee is expiring it's Bogut that they really need to look into trading if they need to free up some breathing room with the cap.

Fjordson

Warriors have two known tasks they need to get done in the foreseeable future. Pay Draymond this summer and then open up the books and give Curry everything for his next deal. Do that and they've got a nice start to being competitive for years to come.

TTG

If Draymond asks for the max I sell him down the river and try to sign Jordan at any cost. Him plus the splash bros. and the rest of those guards would make for an even more spectacular team.

Wild speculation aside, their biggest advantage next year is going to be a lack of anxiety and apprehension we saw in the finals and other series where they've gotten off to really bad starts. Disadvantage is, as cliche as it sounds, the Cavs have shown a bit of a blueprint. Double Steph off screens and make Green/Barnes/Iggy knock down shots. I don't mean to discount the Warriors and I would take them over the Clips and Spurs(Aldridge or not) both right now, but there are gonna be awesome battles next year in the West.

Pimpwerx

GS was also the only team to track player fatigue over the course of the season with body sensors during practices to determine when to rest players to explicitly try and reduce injuries. I expect other teams to follow suit, likely the Spurs since that falls in line with what Pop has been trying to do with resting guys.
Not sure if we use sensors or not, but Spo does a good job resting players and monitoring minutes. The Big3 averaged career low minutes in their run. PEACE.

If Draymond asks for the max I sell him down the river and try to sign Jordan at any cost. Him plus the splash bros. and the rest of those guards would make for an even more spectacular team.

Wild speculation aside, their biggest advantage next year is going to be a lack of anxiety and apprehension we saw in the finals and other series where they've gotten off to really bad starts. Disadvantage is, as cliche as it sounds, the Cavs have shown a bit of a blueprint. Double Steph off screens and make Green/Barnes/Iggy knock down shots. I don't mean to discount the Warriors and I would take them over the Clips and Spurs(Aldridge or not) both right now, but there are gonna be awesome battles next year in the West.

Draymond is a much better fit for them than Jordan. His passing and shooting are way above what DeAndre can do.

Cavs showed a blueprint on how to lose. They doubled him on screens and they lost to Andre. Imagine if Barnes develops or they sign a talented SF who can really make you pay.

Also DeAndre Jordan over Draymond Green? Hahahahaha hell no. Helllllll no. Not in a billion years.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Congrats warriors fans, the bay area keeps winning! But GS ends the long drought and with Stephen at the helm who knows when this window will close! Enjoy it.

Got to give props to the Warriors, great team this year. No qualms in admitting that I loved watching them play, and that 37 point in one quarter in Sacramento was great. The announcers were hilarious.

That said, the season was a shame because injuries. Yeah that. Just too bad. Hope everyone is healthy next year, I really want more competition. Clippers, Spurs, Grizzlies, and Rockets better all stay healthy. Spurs of course are scary too. And yeah, Cavs should kick butt again. Just please don't get injured again.

I'll sign off this season by saying....GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!

linkboy

Congrats warriors fans, the bay area keeps winning! But GS ends the long drought and with Stephen at the helm who knows when this window will close! Enjoy it.

If only the 49ers hadn't fucked up their chance(s).

Still bitter about that.

Congrats to the Warriors.

JuanMR2

Can't believe the Warriors did it! Man, I remember following the Warriors since the early 90's. Does anyone remember these guys?

Chris Gatling
Tom Gugliotta
Donyell Marshall !!!!
Andrew DeClerq
Joe Smith
Rony Seikaly
Latrell Sprewell
Chris Webber
Todd Fuller
Troy Murphy

I'll stop there. Good times.

It was fun following these threads through the playoffs. My NBA Playoffs Thread MVP vote goes to Ninja Scooter

TTG

Draymond is a much better fit for them than Jordan. His passing and shooting are way above what DeAndre can do.

He's not a good shooter. He's shooting 33% from 3 this year, all of those shots were wide open. That would still be way above what DeAndre can do, but then again DJ won't be taking kamikaze runs at the basket desperately hoping to get a foul call. He would be great down low with Steph and Klay on the court. They lose the ability to go small, but to give the max to him would be a bigger blow. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that and they can sign him at a more reasonable price, but I would take DJ over Green straight up.

it makes no sense to swap Draymond for Jordan given how the Warriors play basketball. Green is what makes the Warriors switching defense go, Jordan can't replicate any of that. He's not a great offensive player, but that's not why he's so valuable to Golden State.

Fjordson

Damn, I'd never take DJ over Green. Dude is overrated and not as good a fit as Green for the Warriors.

When Curry gets doubled off the pick & roll and throws it to Draymond he becomes the primary playmaker. Whether it's catch and shoot, drive or kick. Dude is a great passer and usually makes good decisions (other than some iffy stretches in the finals). I mean he had a triple double in the biggest game of his life. Jordan ain't gonna ever give you that. He's mostly worthless outside the restricted area on offense. Even the way Draymond can get a rebound and instantly push it up court without an outlet is valuable. Catches a lot of big men off guard and creates opportunities on the break. And that's all just offense. He's also one of the best defenders in the league.

Jordan would be great instead of our current big men (I love Bogut, but who knows how many years he has left) but I would never give up Draymond for him. Not saying Draymond's objectively better, I just think he works a lot better with the current Warriors team than a big like Jordan would.

Edit: also, Draymond's contract, even if it's a max, won't be all that bad in two years once the cap goes up. It could be a slight overpay, but I don't think they need to break up their core. All they've done improve every year on the way to a title.

Jimrpg

Can't believe the Warriors did it! Man, I remember following the Warriors since the early 90's. Does anyone remember these guys?

Chris Gatling
Tom Gugliotta
Donyell Marshall !!!!
Andrew DeClerq
Joe Smith
Rony Seikaly
Latrell Sprewell
Chris Webber
Todd Fuller
Troy Murphy

I'll stop there. Good times.

It was fun following these threads through the playoffs. My NBA Playoffs Thread MVP vote goes to Ninja Scooter

Sarunus marciuslinious

Andris Biedrins

Jimrpg

Edit: also, Draymond's contract, even if it's a max, won't be all that bad in two years once the cap goes up. It could be a slight overpay, but I don't think they need to break up their core. All they've done improve every year on the way to a title.

Draymond is the second most important player after Curry. If Klay gets paid, you'd have to expect Draymond will too. Stats show his plus/minus is better than Curry too. They can also play a variety of ways with Draymond which helps. Klay is an all time great shooter but he can be replaced even if you lose a little. If you lose Draymond you lose a lot of flexibility.

Yeah the identity of the Warriors is Steph, Dray, and Klay. Gotta keep those guys together!

The most obvious addition they have to make is a deadeye spot up shooter on the wing. They can't afford to miss so many open threes against healthy teams next year.

Will be interesting to see if they can repeat. GS has a great chance but man is the West tough. A healthy Cavs team can easily make it back, East is so horrible.

TTG

Yea, it's a set back to their small ball line up defensively, but they've still got 4 other players in the 6'6-6'7 range that are rotation players, not counting Lee. I think DeAndre at the rim is a greater advantage. He's also about as athletic as Dwight, he won't be such a liability if GS wants to play fast.

Same as DJ. Look there's not much of a case to be made for the improvement of a 67 win team that won the title. They all look great. Maybe Green doesn't ask for the moon and it's all good. But in case he does, I wouldn't pay him.

TTG

Yeah the identity of the Warriors is Steph, Dray, and Klay. Gotta keep those guys together!

The most obvious addition they have to make is a deadeye spot up shooter on the wing. They can't afford to miss so many open threes against healthy teams next year.

Man, I do not want to give up on Barnes. If he develops enough of a 1 on 1/post up game and finishes at the rim with confidence like he's been doing before the finals, he's a keeper.

"Thats twice in a row someone got finals mvp guarding lebron." - anonymous internet

Ouch!! That's ice cold.

A compliment to Lebron. Toss Paul George in that class as well, as far as players making a name against him.

Will be interesting to see if they can repeat. GS has a great chance but man is the West tough. A healthy Cavs team can easily make it back, East is so horrible.

If it wasn't for the Heat I'd legitimately pencil Cleveland in for 12-0 going into the Finals if they're healthy next year, but luckily Riley actually retooled that team

yoplay

Man, I do not want to give up on Barnes. If he develops enough of a 1 on 1/post up game and finishes at the rim with confidence like he's been doing before the finals, he's a keeper.

A compliment to Lebron. Toss Paul George in that class as well, as far as players making a name against him.

Unless I am reading that wrong, that is not a compliment. He should not be outplayed by anyone guarding him. This is what happens when u decide that u r more Magic than Malone. The dude needs to hit the paint with his back turned if he wants to chase rings. It's that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom