• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't think of team that lost two all Stars and still made Finals.

Iggy played good D, is versatile, but the GS defensive scheme was solid team wide.

He doesn't like being so inefficient, doesn't like the rest of his team only generated 4 assists.

Doesn't look at any finals loss any more painfully than the rest.

He's banging up his body and sometimes questions if it's all worth it if he's just gonna lose in the Finals. Obviously frustrating.

Sounds like Bron Bron went all Emo in the presser. :lol

Maybe you'll have better luck next year Lebron. But probably not...

rambis

Banned
Unless I am reading that wrong, that is not a compliment. He should not be outplayed by anyone guarding him. This is what happens when u decide that u r more Magic than Malone. The dude needs to hit the paint with his back turned if he wants to chase rings. It's that simple.
Andre didn't outplay Lebron though. There's a reason Lebron, who played on the opposite losing team, got 4 FMVP votes instead of the regular season MVP that played on the winning team.

Andre was a great primary defender on lebron and was consistently the best player on the winning team. That's why he is FMVP. This is similar to Kahwai last year, even though his case was much stronger.

Omega

Banned
If Draymond asks for the max I sell him down the river and try to sign Jordan at any cost. Him plus the splash bros. and the rest of those guards would make for an even more spectacular team.

Wild speculation aside, their biggest advantage next year is going to be a lack of anxiety and apprehension we saw in the finals and other series where they've gotten off to really bad starts. Disadvantage is, as cliche as it sounds, the Cavs have shown a bit of a blueprint. Double Steph off screens and make Green/Barnes/Iggy knock down shots. I don't mean to discount the Warriors and I would take them over the Clips and Spurs(Aldridge or not) both right now, but there are gonna be awesome battles next year in the West.

Good thing you're not a GM.

He's a key player that just helped you win a championship. If you replace him, you try to get someone that can replicate what he brings to the team.

Spoiler Alert: DeAndre brings none of that

TTG

Unless I am reading that wrong, that is not a compliment. He should not be outplayed by anyone guarding him. This is what happens when u decide that u r more Magic than Malone. The dude needs to hit the paint with his back turned if he wants to chase rings. It's that simple.

Good thing you're not a GM.

He's a key player that just helped you win a championship. If you replace him, you try to get someone that can replicate what he brings to the team.

Spoiler Alert: DeAndre brings none of that

Spoiler Alert: Mike and Mike have some stiff competition with you two dropping hot takes like those.

Fjordson

Draymond was +205 for the playoffs. Highest since Kobe was +213 in 2001.

Plus minus can be a weird and imperfect stat, but just thought that was neat.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
If anybody can find a screencap of the guy holding the big head of Stephen Curry wearing the Ultimate Warrior facepaint, that would be great.

charsace

The best move the warriors made last off season that lead to this title is not trading their whole team for Kevin Love. If they would have made that trade they would have been second round at best because their defense would not have been no where near as good and their offense would also suffer since they wouldn't have the ball movers and overall shooting.

Draymond is truly a double edged sword type of player and that showed this series.

I don't really understand the Iggy MVP either. LeBron's shot has been down pretty much the entire playoffs, I don't see it as him or anyone else "shutting him down". The guy damn near averaged a triple double. I don't care how many shots he took. He had to.

I'm not putting in a vote for LBJ - Even as a Cle fan, I'm not a big fan of giving someone the FMVP on a losing team. I'd have 0 problems with giving it to Curry.

Fuckin' Cleveland man...it's ALWAYS something. Make it to the NBA Finals! Have 2 all-stars injured!

...yup. Cleveland.

yuraya

I don't really understand the Iggy MVP either. LeBron's shot has been down pretty much the entire playoffs, I don't see it as him or anyone else "shutting him down". The guy damn near averaged a triple double. I don't care how many shots he took. He had to.

Why would you give a loser an mvp trophy? How does that make sense?

Kerr started Iggy and they won 3 straight games. He was the difference maker in the series. Before game 4 GSW struggled and Curry wasn't consistent enough to take mvp. Iggy makes the most sense out of everyone.

I'm not putting in a vote for LBJ - Even as a Cle fan, I'm not a big fan of giving someone the FMVP on a losing team. I'd have 0 problems with giving it to Curry.

Fuckin' Cleveland man...it's ALWAYS something. Make it to the NBA Finals! Have 2 all-stars injured!

...yup. Cleveland.

Iggy winning and LeBron getting 2nd place are things that should be mutually exclusive considering Iggy's claim to the award is how inefficient he made LeBron. Either LeBron was historically amazing enough to deserve it despite losing or Iggy was amazing for how he defended him, both can't be true. I'd be more sympathetic to Iggy if he hadn't been left uncovered much of the series and missed 40 free throws.

But really Curry should have won, but drawing constant double teams at the three point line and creating 4 vs 3 opportunities is not something the media appreciates. Even Zach Lowe got sucked into the media narrative.

How a player starting completely changing a series doesn't warrant and MVP trophy boggles the mind, it really is all bout stats with some people, you would think Westbrook got a better rep this season.

If it wasn't for the Heat I'd legitimately pencil Cleveland in for 12-0 going into the Finals if they're healthy next year, but luckily Riley actually retooled that team

Huh? There's no guarantee Wade or Dragic are even coming back and they couldn't play .500 ball when they were on the court this year. Washington, Milwaukee, Atlanta and Chicago are all clearly still head and shoulders above Miami.

Why would you give a loser an mvp trophy? How does that make sense?

Kerr started Iggy and they won 3 straight games. He was the difference maker in the series. Before game 4 GSW struggled and Curry wasn't consistent enough to take mvp. Iggy makes the most sense out of everyone.

Go back and read the entirety of what I wrote, please. People so quick to jump off lol.

yuraya

Go back and read the entirety of what I wrote, please. People so quick to jump off lol.

I did. You said you don't understand the Iggy mvp. I explained it to you. He was the only that made sense. Everyone else doesn't deserve it. Curry was inconsistent and Lebron was on the losing team.

Yea, it's a set back to their small ball line up defensively, but they've still got 4 other players in the 6'6-6'7 range that are rotation players, not counting Lee. I think DeAndre at the rim is a greater advantage. He's also about as athletic as Dwight, he won't be such a liability if GS wants to play fast.

Same as DJ. Look there's not much of a case to be made for the improvement of a 67 win team that won the title. They all look great. Maybe Green doesn't ask for the moon and it's all good. But in case he does, I wouldn't pay him.

And you'd be absolutely wrong. You clearly don't watch the Warriors.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I did. You said you don't understand the Iggy mvp. I explained it to you. He was the only that made sense. Everyone else doesn't deserve it. Curry was inconsistent and Lebron was on the losing team.

I am glad Igoudala won but I've seen people play a lot worse than Curry and win MVPs. The only truly bad game Curry had was game 2. He murdered the Cavs in games 1, 4, and 5 and the way he absorbed double teams and passed kept the offense moving in game 6.

...yup. Cleveland.

pretty sure brons shot chart against non iggy defenders was substantially better

fertygo

I also think Curry should win FMVP too, Stats still much superior than Iggy and no matter how "struggling" he is.. offense always started with him.

Like tonight game despite stat, I thought this is best Curry performance to me.. he throwing Cavs defense off balance all night long with his pass over Cavs trap and double team.

Pimpwerx

Huh? There's no guarantee Wade or Dragic are even coming back and they couldn't play .500 ball when they were on the court this year. Washington, Milwaukee, Atlanta and Chicago are all clearly still head and shoulders above Miami.
Dragon will be back. Wade might not. Last year was a weird one. Wade was injured all the time, Bosh was nursing injuries up until the clots, and we had the single worst PG rotation in the league. For a handful of hours following the Dragon trade, Miami had legit title dreams. With Whiteside and Bosh, we present interesting matchup problems for teams. Hassan's development this summer is also going to be important.

I expect us to be a contender in the East next year. And after setting ATL crap itself this postseason, I'm not sure how they'll bounce back next year. PEACE.

Redd

Well no more basketball for some time. Preseason football is still 2 months away. Guess we gotta make due with womens soccer and.......baseball until then. Worse part of the year imo.

I also think Curry should win FMVP too, Stats still much superior than Iggy and no matter how "struggling" he is.. offense always started with him.

Like tonight game despite stat, I thought this is best Curry performance to me.. he throwing Cavs defense off balance all night long with his pass over Cavs trap and double team.

You can't expect the media to appreciate this. It's all about the narrative to them. Even guys like Zach Lowe that understand X and Os got suckered into it.

dsigns1

Most people only look at stats. They don't realize that curry was picking apart the cavs defense which lead to most of iggys wide open shots. In the end tho I'm happy for iggy. He brought it on both ends of the court and finally got some recognition.

fertygo

You can't expect the media to appreciate this. It's all about the narrative to them. Even guys like Zach Lowe that understand X and Os got suckered into it.
Yeah.. I thought Bron also playing really bad game tonight too, so with game 4.. its 2 bad game, that I don't think helping the narrative.
Most people only look at stats. They don't realize that curry was picking apart the cavs defense which lead to most of iggys wide open shots. In the end tho I'm happy for iggy. He brought it on both ends of the court and finally got some recognition.

Yeah I'm happy for Iggy, but the amount of people that gonna use this to disrespect Curry gonna made me sad.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Really happy Iggy won FMVP. Dude was consistent as fuck. And his defense was fantastic.

I have a little more respect for LeBron after these finals honestly. Motherfucker was dragging his team to victories and was a monster most nights. Love him or hate him, the dude can fucking ball...

With that being said..... 2 out of 6 in the finals, bruv? Ahahahahaha. "GOAT" my ass.

You ain't no GOAT when you've hung more finals L's than finals banners. Sorry.

Fjordson

Iggy winning and LeBron getting 2nd place are things that should be mutually exclusive considering Iggy's claim to the award is how inefficient he made LeBron. Either LeBron was historically amazing enough to deserve it despite losing or Iggy was amazing for how he defended him, both can't be true. I'd be more sympathetic to Iggy if he hadn't been left uncovered much of the series and missed 40 free throws.

But really Curry should have won, but drawing constant double teams at the three point line and creating 4 vs 3 opportunities is not something the media appreciates. Even Zach Lowe got sucked into the media narrative.
I like Iguodala getting it, but Curry definitely could have won also. He averaged 26, 5 and 6 for the series. Pretty solid.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I like Iguodala getting it, but Curry definitely could have won also. He averaged 26, 5 and 6 for the series. Pretty solid.

Love Iggy, love the story line and I'm super happy for him. But, without Curry the Warriors are swept in the finals (and don't even make it there to begin with). His mere presence alters the entire defensive landscape on every possession. Teams compromise themselves unlike anything they have to do with other players in the league. Oh yeah, Curry had a pretty good series as well even if he never went nuclear for an entire game.

I have a few things to say.

Lebron is 2-4 in the finals, and hes lucky, as it was sooooooooo close to 1-5.
I think he is a good all around player, I give him a lot of credit for playing the right way, but I don't think he is the King of anything. He need to have an Allstar supporting cast to have success. Guess what? next year he will be 1 year older. I can see him making the finals again, but his window is not going to last for ever, and his jump shot while nice at times, is not going to get better at 34.

Now I am not going lie, I am not a fan of his, never have been. I appreciate those who earn their greatness,, and are not anointed "Kings" take for example Kobe Bryant, who was drafted as an unknown, an unproven commodity, yet worked his craft into 5 rings. I have a lot of respect for Time Duncan.

Lebron for what ever reason is looked at as the best player in history, I do not agree nor understand that at all. Don't think I ever will. Perhaps the later generations will not look at him with rose colored glasses and instead will call him for what he is/was. A good player who got to the finals several times and lost a bunch of times, a guy who had to be carried by Wade to two rings. If he doesn't have a killer on his team, he can't win. His jump shot wont allow him to.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
lol:

QF6WVA8.png

I'm assuming Wade/Dragic both come back, that Chicago loses a step, that Atlanta falls apart again for a reason other than the NYPD, and that Washington doesn't make any major roster upgrades until 2016-17

(all of this except the first thing are perfectly reasonable)

It's crazy to think that the Heat have yet to play their ideal starting lineup even once last season. We never got to see what a Wade/Dragic/Whiteside/Bosh/Deng lineup would look like, not even one time. Goddamn injuries.

They coud've done some real dirt this offseason given how weak the east was. sigh

I think he is a good all around player, I give him a lot of credit for playing the right way, but I don't think he is the King of anything. He need to have an Allstar supporting cast to have success. Guess what? next year he will be 1 year older. I can see him making the finals again, but his window is not going to last for ever, and his jump shot while nice at times, is not going to get better at 34.

Now I am not going lie, I am not a fan of his, never have been. I appreciate those who earn their greatness,, and are not anointed "Kings" take for example Kobe Bryant, who was drafted as an unknown, an unproven commodity, yet worked his craft into 5 rings. I have a lot of respect for Time Duncan.

Lebron for what ever reason is looked at as the best player in history, I do not agree nor understand that at all. Don't think I ever will. Perhaps the later generations will not look at him with rose colored glasses and instead will call him for what he is/was. A good player who got to the finals several times and lost a bunch of times, a guy who had to be carried by Wade to two rings. If he doesn't have a killer on his team, he can't win. His jump shot wont allow him to.

Simple: it's called irrational hate. His statistics explain and back his greatness. They're there for you to explore and to help understand, not for you to blindly ignore, along with the other metrics you willfully neglect, to fit your narrative. Otherwise...

Basketball is a team sport. If Jordan was on the Nets he would have 0 rings. Lebrons talent is undeniable despite people attempting to nitpick.

J2 Cool

I think 2012 Lebron was my favorite run of his. Just lazer focus. This is the most heart I've seen from him, but he looked mentally beaten the last two games. And not a huge deal, everyone else felt the same about the Cavs but just seemed obvious. Kobe's personality would be more desperate than that, trying to make amazing shots. Lebron kind of looked like a chess player running out of moves to make. Felt bad for him.

Hopefully Cleveland gets a 100% healthy run next postseason. I think them running on all cylinders was something everyone wanted to see these playoffs, when they put it all together.

Fjordson

Yeah, this is definitely not Lebron's best postseason run. I mean the fact that he took his team as far as he did is pretty amazing, but just going by his play alone he's been even better multiple times before.

I wonder how many years Lebron has left in his prime. He already has 12 seasons under his belt, numerous deep runs into the playoffs and multiple off-seasons filled with international competition.

I wonder how many years Lebron has left in his prime. .

I understand why this question would come up but, when we have a dude like Duncan winning a trophy at 39, it shows that there is still a lot of career left if he wants it. The question will be around his willingness to adapt and shift his role as he continues. He can't keep doing what he's been doing forever but that, in and of itself, doesn't draw a straight line as to whether he wins more rings or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom