• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
463455220-stephen-curry-of-the-golden-state-warriors-gettyimages.jpg

Home is where the heart is, he's already wearing the shoes.

Seth Curry be like ;_;

Is Klay's brother still on the Warriors d league team to? I honestly wouldn't mind getting both of the bizzarro splash brothers for the lulz on the Mavs.

Draymond would be like
mindblown.png
whenever he plays the Mavs,

I went to a lot of games when we had those guys. We had Foyle for 10 damn seasons. I remember exactly what you are talking about though, with Dampier and those fouls haha. Foyle had his share of boneheaded plays alright. I thought Dampier was going to be a premier center in the league but he never really took off until after he left GS.

Remember when everyone thought Jamison would be the second coming of Jordan? lol

Remember when we traded Vince Carter's pick to get Jamison?
Or when we took Joe Smith with the first pick of the draft?
Or when we thought Larry Hughes was going to be the next AI?
Or when Adonal Foyle shot over the goddamn backboard?
Or when we were down by 10 with 3 minutes to go and thought Bimbo Coles would lead us to victory?
Or when Warriors basketball was "a great timeout?"

I could really go on...

Seth Curry be like ;_;

Is Klay's brother still on the Warriors d league team to? I honestly wouldn't mind getting both of the bizzarro splash brothers for the lulz on the Mavs.

Draymond would be like
mindblown.png

Yep, Mychel Thompson is on our Santa Cruz Warriors, one of their more consistent players. It was cool when Klay and Dray came down for the D-League Finals! My kid got a Gatorade towel with Klay sweat on it, not sure why he was sweating so much as a fan in the stands, it wasn't even hot that day.

facelike

Going to be a great series.

So happy to see my Warriors make the Finals for the first time in 40 years. This is special, Golden State fans. Enjoy it.

Going to take a moment to reminisce as a fan.

My earliest memories as a Warriors fan was watching Manute Bol back in 1988. I'll never forget how freakishly tall he was. It almost seemed like cheating to see him simply drop the ball in the basket lol, but he was also known to attempt a bunch of three-pointers. I had to check, looks like he attempted 91 threes and hit 20 of them.

manute_bol_1988_12_23.jpg

Then there was Run TMC in the '90-'91 season. Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond and Tim Mullin combined to make the most exciting trio of players in Warriors history at the time. These guys could run like hell and score like crazy. It's too bad it only lasted a year. Still can't believe we traded Richmond.

0823-golden-state-warriors-.jpg

Over the next couple of decades, GS had teams with special players that showed potential. Chris Webber, Latrell Sprewell, Jason Richardson, Antawn Jamison, Adonal Foyle, Erick Dampier, Gilbert Arenas, Baron Davis, Monta Ellis and many more.

There was always hope that one of these teams could break through, but they never really did apart from a few playoff appearances. Internal conflicts, crazy contract issues, choked out coaches, you name it. The West was also basically dominated by the Lakers and Kings for a majority of the decade.

But now's our time. This years team has been amazing to watch. We've seen greatness from these guys the last couple of years, but they've taken it another level under Steve Kerr.

As good as they might be, this is all new to them. The Finals are never easy. LeBron has plenty of experience in this type of environment. The Warriors do not, but they do have home court advantage. So it will be interesting. Make no bones about it, this series is going to be good.

I understand my friend. I was born just after the last finals appearance 40 years ago so, other than a couple playoff games, what they did this year is special. Honestly, I never thought I'd see this day. And to do it with our draft picks primarily is even more special. It's like its out homegrown talent rather than signing a big money player. Just four more wins...

Seth Curry be like ;_;

Draymond would be like
mindblown.png

Mychael has got another son, Trace, in the White Sox organization who is supposed to be a pretty good prospect too. Them's some good genes

Yep, Mychel Thompson is on our Santa Cruz Warriors, one of their more consistent players. It was cool when Klay and Dray came down for the D-League Finals! My kid got a Gatorade towel with Klay sweat on it, not sure why he was sweating so much as a fan in the stands, it wasn't even hot that day.

Is Seth even signed to anyone at the moment? I think he's a free agent, Donnie needs to get on the phone and have him work out with the Mavs this summer.

Mychael has got another son, Trace, in the White Sox organization who is supposed to be a pretty good prospect too. Them's some good genes

lol do you mean Dell, scooter? I was like "there's no way Klay's brother is old enough to have adult kids" :p

Wavebossa

If Kyrie doesn't fully heal then the Cavs have no chance. The fact that they swept Atlanta says more about Atlanta then it does anything else (they were utter trash).

If Kyrie does get back to 100%, Cavs in 7.

jmood88

Even though I think the Warriors are clearly the more talented team, they are way too prone to cold streaks and I don't think Lebron will allow them to get away with said cold streaks.

Wavebossa

It all depends on the play of JR Smith. Plz Cavs.

This. Honestly him and tristan thompson are just as important (if not moreso) than Kyrie's health.

I'm rooting for Golden State cuz I've known Steph since middle school (we played on the same team at CCS) and I know Festus from college. But I kinda feel like the Cavs are gonna pull this out.

Is Seth even signed to anyone at the moment? I think he's a free agent, Donnie needs to get on the phone and have him work out with the Mavs this summer.

lol do you mean Dell, scooter? I was like "there's no way Klay's brother is old enough to have adult kids" :p

Yeah I'm not sure what Seth is doing beyond watching Steph.

Thompsons:
Mychal Thompson is the dad, used to play in the NBA. He has 3 sons, Mychel Thompson (D-Leage Santa Cruz Warriors), Klay Thompson (GSW), and Trayce Thompson (minor league White Sox).

No Mychael Sr. He's Klay's dad. Played for the Lakers back in the day.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Warriors in 4. That's right, a sweep. And they win by an average of double digits.

The "king" gets swept for a second time and goes 2-6 in finals appearances.

Absolutely perfect.

bionic77

The fact that people think JR Smith is suddenly a good basketball player is the biggest indictment one can make for the Eastern Conference.

The Cavs will get torched with him on the floor. Dude is a chucker who plays shit defense. He is also dumb enough to get into a shooting contest with Curry (best shooter of all time).

Cavs need some depth and a 3rd player. They could easily be the best team in the league next year. They won't have the depth and are going to fade in every 4th quarter.

Poor cavs fans, your team just plowed through possibly the weakest eastern conference of all time and now you think you've got a shot. You might've had a chance if your team's second best player right now wasn't jr smith.

I say there should be a petition to have the Warriors sit their starters for the first couple of games, just to give the cavs a fair chance.

Yeah I'm not sure what Seth is doing beyond watching Steph.

Thompsons:
Mychal Thompson is the dad, used to play in the NBA. He has 3 sons, Mychel Thompson (D-Leage Santa Cruz Warriors), Klay Thompson (GSW), and Trayce Thompson (minor league White Sox).

No Mychael Sr. He's Klay's dad. Played for the Lakers back in the day.

I was watching some of Mychel's d-league highlights, his shot just might be better than Klay's......

Seth has some decent moves on the inside........ But his range is just as deep as Steph's. Here's some of the highlights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YseP7Wjl7I

edit: Damn Seth dropped 44 in D-league playoff game last year with 9-14 3PT FGA...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK6mPULgLE

Someone give this man a chance.

Why the hell are these two not in the NBA???!???!?
mindblown.png

It's not like they're busted up like Taylor Griffin. Shit if Austin Rivers can make it in the NBA then I'm sure those two could.

If Lebron played in the west he'd be 0-0 in finals.

Dude gets more of a pass than any other player in history, so many of you are right here right now thinkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom