• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Golden Globe Awards Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
How did Bale/Carell got a nom? Gosling was easily the best part of that movie, Bale was a collection of mannerisms instead of a character. Carell was oke.

Other than that: Fassbender ftw. He's just amazing as Jobs. Sorry Leo, Fassbender is just the better actor.

Outside of GoT, I haven't seen any of the television dramas. There's just too many scripted series coming out now to keep up with all of them, especially when tv is fairly low on my list of go-to entertainment (i.e. I'd rather watch films, play games, or even read a good book instead).

DieH@rd

Banned
giphy.gif

I must have forgotten my glasses today, I'm not seeing even one nomination for The Leftovers?

I mean, what in the actual fuck . . .

That is so unfair :(

The-Leftovers-gif.gif

Ridley327

It's pretty awesome to see so much momentum for Mad Max: Fury Road this awards season. It probably won't win much of anything (dat deep-seeded genre bias), but that it's stayed in the collective consciousness of these awards show types is quite something.

That's a dope Best Picture - Drama nominee list, with the weak link maybe being Spotlight (obviously I haven't seen The Revenant or Carol yet, but all the pre-release buzz has been absurdly positive).

EDIT: How in the hell is The Martian a comedy?
Whoa whoa whoa, have you seen Spotlight? It's no weak link.

Farsi

I'm shocked Depp didn't get a best Actor nom. Yes the movie was a giant disappointment but his performance was not.

Whoa whoa whoa, have you seen Spotlight? It's no weak link.

Exactly. Spotlight is one of the best fucking movies of the year. It inspired my avatar.

Sephzilla

Mad Max for best picture and director? SHINY AND CHROME!

Regarding The Martian being listed in the comedy area - Lets be real, it's a comedy/drama hybrid and honestly a good chunk of its memorable parts are comedic moments.

Tansut

I'm happy Odenkirk got nominated for BCS, but how in the world does that happen but Jonathan Banks doesn't get a Supporting Actor nom?

My main man Michael Keaton getting disrespected and not even getting a nomination, fuck this shit Golden Globe.

You can only make it right with a Mad Max win.

SHINY AND CHROME!

Fury Road was virtuoso filmmaking at its finest. It's creativity firing on all cylinders, both literally and figuratively. Brilliant film. The movie itself deserves the win, and Miller especially does for his work on it.

On the other side of the spectrum, Show Me A Hero getting snubbed is ludicrous.

JCX

Narcos was alright, but not at all a best drama. Moura deserves the acting nod though, he carried that show.

Nice to see Mozart getting so many nominations. Feel like it is an overlooked gem. Wish Jane or Crazy Ex was nominated for best comedy (both are more comedies than OITNB and Transparent), but hopefully Rodriguez or Bloom wins for best comedy actress.

maxcriden

No Hateful Eight is pretty surprising. As is the lack of a nom for the critically adored Brooklyn.

Considering Joy is shockingly shit.

Is it that bad, have you seen it? It got a 57% which I wouldn't call shit per se.

FWIW, I thought Brooklyn was meh. Great first half then fell apart.

pestul

I love seeing both Stalone and Hardy for BSA. I hope they both make the short list for the Oscars as well. Props for recognizing the greatness of Fury Road as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom