• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"24" || Day 5 || 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (Episodes 11 & 12) *BONUS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
NOOOOOOOOOO

now who am I going to say EDGAH STILES to when he appears on onscreen?! No one, that's who.

Also gotta love that the nerve gas canister uses USB. Found new hardware: Centox VX Nerve Gas Canister!

Darko

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Silent countoff? Is that the first time ever? Holy crap.

No its been done before..

Awesome Episodes... man, I have to watch these again (encore for us canadians at 10 :))

Amir0x

Banned
Next episode LOOKS holy shit intense, but they better not just
kill of Kim's boyfriend. That'd be anticlimactic total.

Phoenix

Wow is all I can say, I actually felt for Edgar and I hate his character. As usual, 24 remains the best show on TV rivalled only by Battlestar Galactica.

Only one 'plot hole' and that would be the terrorists attacking the presidential motorcade having blueprints for a hospital. Didn't make any sense for them to have it, but easily forgivable.

Good to see they plan on killing people off - and we all know what's going to happen downstairs in medical isolation :)

Darko

MIMIC said:
THEY KILLED EDGAR! :(

Gill%20celebrate.jpg

Nameless said:
This may be the greatest season of any show...ever..

QFT!

Phoenix

Drakken said:
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Am I the only one literally crying right now?

I had to choke a few back because that was truly sad. Though in all honesty I was hoping for a Star Trek 2 Spock/Kirk scene at that point.

tmdorsey

Amir0x said:
Next episode LOOKS holy shit intense, but they better not just
kill of Kim's boyfriend. That'd be anticlimactic total.

Think about it this way,
who else in that room would you rather see go? Besides him the only other person I can think of is Audrey

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Come on, CTU doesn't have gas masks? Their present mission centers around finding nerve gas and they don't have GAS MASKS? Still, a pretty amazing episode and it was a hell of a way for Edgar to die.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
tmdorsey said:
Think about it this way, who else in that room would you rather see go? Besides him the only other person I can think of is Audrey

Tony could give up the goods. He's, you know, wanting to go anyway.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
seriously... i forgot all about him until he turned the corner and even though he is annoying, I was like "damn man that sucks for him" ... also where ever he cam from must have been safe because he lived enough to run into the room, stand there, say chloe, and do his death drop....

moving

Joico

I really think that either Kim's boyfriend goes or Buchanan pulls a Mason and dies for everyone.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Malleymal said:
seriously... i forgot all about him until he turned the corner and even though he is annoying, I was like "damn man that sucks for him" ... also where ever he cam from must have been safe because he lived enough to run into the room, stand there, say chloe, and do his death drop....

moving

It's all that Taco Bell he ate. Taco Bell is resistant against nerve gas.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Tony could give up the goods. He's, you know, wanting to go anyway.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Honestly, aside from jack shooting robocop's wife and the ending...this episode was pretty boring.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
tedtropy said:

I was gonna say it reminded me of Andromeda Strain.

I thought he might have lived because of cheeseburger blood or something.

Phoenix

tedtropy said:

It gives you gas so your body is more able to tolerate foreign gases as you enhale so much fart gas.

985boi

Damn what a great ending to this episode....just like the way Jack looks and said "oh my god" when he seen Edgar still wandering around. Then Edgar falling to his death.

Memles

First off, let's see some more spoiler tag of the preview...I'm seeing a lot of unsubstantiated comments, and I assume this is from whence they're coming. Please stop.

As for the episodes themselves, an extremely exciting second hour that really makes for a neat scenario. Tony/Henderson in the Medical Ward, the Situation Room isolationites...but what about Lyn? I know that this ending was very much more about Edgar's death, but we really didn't see what exactly happened to so many others.

As for Edgar, it was a touching and tragic scene, that's for sure. I must say that it was obvious the second that Edgar went off to the room that he was a goner, but at the same time it was incredibly tragic when it went down. Definitely a solid use of the silent countdown, and definitely extremely effective.

Thumbs up to 24 on this one. One great Jack moment, one tragic moment, and a nice setup for a little multi-episode arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom