• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

35 Minutes of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

looks soo good! I need to purchase The witcher 1 now and begin this seemingly awesome looking series, shame I missed the sale on steam a few days ago :(

Game looks absolutely phenomenal. Preordering it now.

The combat looks like it'll be drudgery that I try to get through as quickly as possible, though.

fritzo

this looks great. watching the gamersyde vid. question: why doesn't Geralt have an accent, like the other characters. kinda weird. other than that, impressive af.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Finally downloaded that 1080p, and its even better than i thought it would be. i think i will double dip on pc and ps4.

this looks great. watching the gamersyde vid. question: why doesn't Geralt have an accent, like the other characters. kinda weird. other than that, impressive af.

He does have an accent, it just happens to be the one you perceive as "normal." There's quite a few accents in The Witcher universe, Geralt has one of them. Triss has a very similar accent.

Leb

Geralt is an orphan, raised by the Witchers of Kaer Morhen, in the far north and east of Kaedwen. The Witcher 3, meanwhile, primarily takes place in the south and west of the continent.

Despera

Banned
Combat have been improved it seems.

When it comes to RPGs, this game comes right after Bloodborne and Persona 5 in terms of hype. Probably getting it on the PS4 rather than PC just for convenience' sake though.

And now that TW3 is almost out CDPR can start focusing on Cyberpunk soon which is awesome.

Spinluck

This is one of the best looking games I've ever seen.

A lot of the animations look very rough though, they should hire me.

RyudBoy

Johnny, you annoying lil piece of shit!

But damn, I shouldn't have watched this. It looks so amazing, but still 6 months away...

Jsheldon

Most anticipated game for me, even though im getting it for the XBone, with assumed downgrades versus ps4/pc...still can't wait.

I'm working my way through the second novel but will likely be done reading all the books well before this is released :/

Was the gameplay confirmed to be PC?

jeanRicK

This game is looking so good :) ... I'm worried that I'll be completely lost story-wise jumping in without playing the other 2 though.

This game is looking so good :) ... I'm worried that I'll be completely lost story-wise jumping in without playing the other 2 though.

There is definitely a ton of story and world stuff in the first two games. Hopefully they have a "previously on" type thing for new players. For me, the second game was my first time with the Witcher universe and after about 10 hours of just being immersed in it all I started getting a good hold on places, characters, backstory, etc. There are some great Youtube summaries out there, but obviously playing the first two is the best way to go.

Damerman

this is exactly my luck. Divinity original sin, Dragon age Inquisition, Witcher 3 and potentially Shadow of Mordor all come out exactly when i graduate and get a full time job while i study for CFA... sigh.
edit:
Yea ... I did try to play the second one on my mac mini and it kinda just laughed at it and said "nope" lol

Dat political intrigue doe? hands down the best of any game ever.

jeanRicK

Still six months left to catch up.

There is definitely a ton of story and world stuff in the first two games. Hopefully they have a "previously on" type thing for new players. For me, the second game was my first time with the Witcher universe and after about 10 hours of just being immersed in it all I started getting a good hold on places, characters, backstory, etc. There are some great Youtube summaries out there, but obviously playing the first two is the best way to go.

Yea ... I did try to play the second one on my mac mini and it kinda just laughed at it and said "nope" lol

~Kinggi~

Banned
They are kicking it up a notch with the quality of quest and story with that Johnny example. I mean genuinely creepy and good dialog for such a large open world game.

GOD DAMMIT

Thjose 35 mins were so GOOD , SO GOOD

the soundtrack is amazing , the sense of scale .. the animations

GIVE IT ... GIVE IT TO ME

i wouldn't have killed the spirit, there was a third option to investigatei would have used that

Those 35 minutes have convinced me on purchasing it. Still not sure if I'll go for the PS4 or PC version (not sure how optimized and how my i5 3.33/GTX680 will do), but everything ive seen in those 35mins: gameplay, graphics & story was sogoodJamesFranco.gif

-Deimos

Those 35 minutes have convinced me on purchasing it. Still not sure if I'll go for the PS4 or PC version (not sure how optimized and how my i5 3.33/GTX680 will do), but everything ive seen in those 35mins: gameplay, graphics & story was sogoodJamesFranco.gif

Are you joking?

Why even consider when your PC is more powerful?

Edit: Beaten

What platform is this one because I don't think it looks nearly as good as when it was originally shown? The LOD is VERY aggressive and draw in for details on the ground and in the distance is pretty close, not Skyrim close but not as far as I would like. You can see really bad evidence in this when he first enters the city, off to the left you can see the shadow is being drawn in on a building. Foliage is also pretty primitive from what I can see in the beginning of the video, again this is compared to what was shown earlier in the games development.

The graphics don't seem as mindblowing as they did at the reveal

I just saw it and maybe the word that best describes what you see is: Beautiful.
Some NPC faces and animations aren't lifelike, but the attention to detail, the amazing soundtrack and other technical aspects such as the great AA treatment, make me want to grab my Xbox controller and be part of this adventure right now.

A lot of the animations look very rough though, they should hire me.
Ah, the life of an animator. I find myself thinking this way too often haha.

Game looks so damn good overall though, I need this ASAP. I can't believe how massive the game world is, when he said Novigrad was FOURTEEN times farther away than that huge tree in the distance, I fell out of my body for a second. Thank goodness there are some really good games coming out soon to hold me over until this releases.

Leb

this is part of the main quest right?

Ughhhhhh Ciri....

Can't wait....

Depending on what exactly you mean by 'Ughhhhh', I might point out that Ciri will not be romanceable.

And if it turns out that Ciri is romanceable, well, shit is gonna get weird and dark.

PFD

What platform is this one because I don't think it looks nearly as good as when it was originally shown? The LOD is VERY aggressive and draw in for details on the ground and in the distance is pretty close, not Skyrim close but not as far as I would like. You can see really bad evidence in this when he first enters the city, off to the left you can see the shadow is being drawn in on a building. Foliage is also pretty primitive from what I can see in the beginning of the video, again this is compared to what was shown earlier in the games development.

It's a months old build, and they've already done some significant changes to the vegetation

nib95

Banned
Some insanely cool character designs in this. Though the whole ending segment had me confused as to who the bad guys really were.

li bur

Depending on what exactly you mean by 'Ughhhhh', I might point out that Ciri will not be romanceable.

And if it turns out that Ciri is romanceable, well, shit is gonna get weird and dark.

Nahh I'm just excited, the only thing that I fap to is the gloriness of this game.
I am sure that they won't go that way, that surely would be... weird.

jeanRicK

If you have a 360 and still want to play Witcher 2 the 360 port is very high quality.

Sadly I don't. I missed out on a good deal of last gen. The devs have said that they're making the game somewhat accessible for new players so I guess I'll see how it goes. (I might give the books a read too)

Valnen

What they call "ultra" is ultimately arbitrary. The presets probably don't cover things like MSAA and übersampling, which are probably available, but not feasible for demoing at acceptable performance.

If they can't use MSAA and get acceptable framerates on a beast demo PC...yeah it's far from done.

The console versions need some form of AA too. And not shitty FXAA for the love of god.

eshwaaz

The fur effects on the beheaded creature on his horse shows that it's the PC version.
That was the first thing I noticed - the effect looks fantastic. I'll definitely miss that on PS4; hope it's comparable otherwise. The game looks just incredible.

ReaperXL7

You know...Witcher 3 is easily one of my most anticipated games by a clear margin, but I will also say that every time I see one of these awesome videos it just makes me wonder how fantastic CyberPunk 2077 is going to look.

I'm hoping that we get some proper gameplay for that right around the time Witcher 3 releases as it does not seem they have plans to talk about it much until that happens. 2015 is looking to be a great year for games.

There is definitely a ton of story and world stuff in the first two games. Hopefully they have a "previously on" type thing for new players.

We have.

Plus the game is designed and told so players who never played any Witcher games before wouldn`t feel lost and disconnected. We`ve put a lot of effort into it.

Also this book will be released to help get into the story:
unnamed.jpg

We have.

Plus the game is designed and told so players who never played any Witcher games before wouldn`t feel lost and disconnected. We`ve put a lot of effort into it.

Also this book will be released to help get into the story:
unnamed.jpg

Does this mean there's heavy amounts of exposition?

Top Bottom