• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Dot Game Heroes screens (From Software)

Tellaerin

MidnightScott said:
COME ON ATLUS BRING IT HERE NOW...just don't change the boxart and name of the game please...

What the Japanese call 'dot art', we call 'pixel art'. I wouldn't be surprised to see the name changed to '3D Pixel Game Heroes' or something. (I think it would be a good idea, actually.)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
batbeg said:
Seriously, it's starting to bother me. I love most of it so much but why the hell are the ground blocks so shiny that they reflect like mirrors? Hopefully it looks nicer in motion than it looks like that.
It is but one one of the evils caused by the Mayor's decision to make the world 3D, too much bloom and other effects!
Save the princess and restore your world back to 2D!

Jinko

Tellaerin said:
What the Japanese call 'dot art', we call 'pixel art'. I wouldn't be surprised to see the name changed to '3D Pixel Game Heroes' or something. (I think it would be a good idea, actually.)

Its not just Japan that uses the term dot art.

There are differences, one is digital and one isn't, although in the case of this name pixel art would be correct.

Iknos

Jinko said:
Its not just Japan that uses the term dot art.

There are differences, one is digital and one isn't, although in the case of this name pixel art would be correct.

I can't believe I'm posting this but he's talking about using the phrase to describe it in the digital sense.

hie

I'm so unbelievably hyped for this game. I'm pretty sure I've had dreams just like this in my youth.

:lol

roxya

batbeg said:
Seriously, it's starting to bother me. I love most of it so much but why the hell are the ground blocks so shiny that they reflect like mirrors? Hopefully it looks nicer in motion than it looks like that.

Eh, some of them have a marble style floor. Outdoor ones aren't like that. Really weird complaint -_-

mujun

I looked at the latest Famitsu, the sword looks pretty stupid if you ask me when it gets like 20 metres wide and 100 metres long.

Why couldn't they just have weapon upgrades.

308cytu.jpg

2qa4553.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1227293_1407.html

HunkyDory

Neo Member
Damn, I really hope that we don't have to wait too long for this one.

Everything about it looks amazing - especially the Zelda vibes that it's giving off.

150k new PS3 owners prepared for this game's arrival. Hopefully they do not disappoint us!

Character editor is above and beyond the call of duty here. Looks incredible.

Link1110

It reminds me of that one fight in Persona 4. That was one of my favorite game moments of the past few years, so I'll definitely get this.

SolidSnakex said:
So, does this mean the characters are most likely going to slide around vs really "walk"(since you can't really designate where your legs are) and how do the sword animations work when you can design your own characters, possibly with no arms?

Just random questions :lol The more we see the more curious I am about how it'll all come together in movement.

TreIII

YES. YES. YES. YES X 100.

Honestly, the only thing I could say is that really, I was expecting perhaps Nintendo to do some thing like this, with Zelda. Ah well, their loss.

As much as I love the idea of crafting my own chars, I wonder if you have as much say-so in designing weapons and properties too.

But yeah....November 5 is going to be awesome...

Jasoco

Banned
This might be it. This might be the game that makes me buy a PS3.

For the PSX it was Crash in 2000, for the PS2 it was Katamari in 2005. This could be the game that gets me to finally get a PSTriple.

But I still have to see a video. Do we know what kind of battles it has? Are they real-time like Zelda? Or self-contained? I don't assume they're turn-based like DQ.

It is coming to the US I assume? Is there a date?

Euphor!a

Banned
Jasoco said:
This might be it. This might be the game that makes me buy a PS3.

For the PSX it was Crash in 2000, for the PS2 it was Katamari in 2005. This could be the game that gets me to finally get a PSTriple.

But I still have to see a video. Do we know what kind of battles it has? Are they real-time like Zelda? Or self-contained? I don't assume they're turn-based like DQ.

It is coming to the US I assume? Is there a date?

From the screens it seems pretty clear it is going to be very similar to the classic Zelda games, just in 3d.

EXGN

A co-worker of mine talked to Atlus recently about publishing the game in the US, didn't seem like a very positive response. Pretty much told him they weren't working with FS on any other projects(outside of Demon's Souls)... I'll see if I can dig up the e-mail.

Raistlin

SolidSnakex said:

3D Dot Borg Heroes

Danne-Danger said:
it's almost hard to believe it's for current-gen consoles.

One thing I've noticed over the years since we've moved to 3D ... lighting and shadow effects look far more impressive when using 'simple' assets. This delta is particularly notable when comparing something with complex textures versus something without.

SappYoda said:

OMG :lol :lol :lol

Dr. Chaos

Banned
MvmntInGrn said:
So, does this mean the characters are most likely going to slide around vs really "walk"(since you can't really designate where your legs are) and how do the sword animations work when you can design your own characters, possibly with no arms?

Just random questions :lol The more we see the more curious I am about how it'll all come together in movement.
You can draw each of their animations in edit mode so I'm thinking you could have a lil fun with their walking poses.

A co-worker of mine talked to Atlus recently about publishing the game in the US, didn't seem like a very positive response. Pretty much told him they weren't working with FS on any other projects(outside of Demon's Souls)... I'll see if I can dig up the e-mail.
Shame if true, this game is right up their alley.

Well, I guess I'll cross my fingers for Ignition then. They seem crazy/sane enough to do it.

Top Bottom