• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Dot Game Heroes screens (From Software)

SolidSnakex said:
2qa4553.jpg
The 3D translation is flawless!

bhlp91.gif

Hypereides

Gold Member
Dr. Chaos said:

Shame if true, this game is right up their alley.

Well, I guess I'll cross my fingers for Ignition then. They seem crazy/sane enough to do it.

I probably all comes down to how Demon's Souls preforms in the west. it will probably be the decissive factor on how interested they will be on continueing working with From Software.

They did bring, Holy invasion badman, which was made by the same devs behind 3D dot game heroes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am still hoping for it to include English as a text opption right out of the box. I wonded if they will go with all caps though.

They already demonstrated a playable version to journalists and the games release is not too far off. I'd say it'll definitely be playable at TGS.

joesmokey

This game looks amazing. I'm incredibly impressed with the minimalist approach.

Hopefully we'll get more info during TGS.

-Amon-

If the editor is not limited to your hero, and you can create maps & enemy it would be ace to create a one year SD gundam mod with this... zakus and doms would be awesome lol

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Holy crap at the fire in the last pic! :lol

I can't believe we've only had screenshots so far. Can't wait for TGS.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing the monster's being destroyed reminds me of a question I had in mind.

With the character creation being as varied as it is, I'm curious how hit detection is going to work. Is anything going to hit you in the 16X16X16 bounding or the size of the character?

KTallguy

Banned
Man all of these screens are neat but I want to see gameplay videos. If it plays like shit I don't care about how it looks, and I'm a bit wary that they haven't shown anything. :(

The water also is a bit headache inducing, yes.

Onix said:
One thing I've noticed over the years since we've moved to 3D ... lighting and shadow effects look far more impressive when using 'simple' assets. This delta is particularly notable when comparing something with complex textures versus something without.
I totally agree. Lowering the details and cranking up the AA/shadows/effects can have a pretty positive effect on a few PC games (what with the extra frames you'll get along with it). Lego Quake (Q3 up to QW) comes to mind, for example.

There's something sexy about pure, naked geometry... oh yes.

Euphor!a

Banned
Was it known that the Asian version of Demon's Souls would have English support well in advanced to its release or was it something that people happened to pick up on soon after release?

Euphor!a said:
Was it known that the Asian version of Demon's Souls would have English support well in advanced to its release or was it something that people happened to pick up on soon after release?

PlayAsia had a listing for an Asian version over a month before the games release showing that it'd have English substitles.

You can create your very own main character using a block level editor with maximum dimensions of 16 x 16 x 16. In addition to creating your character form scratch, you can use one of the preset character classes as a base.

In the above edit screen shot, the controls are listed as follows:

L2/R2: Change pose
L1/R1: Bring up the menu
D-pad: Move the pointer
Circle: place a block
X: I think this lets you clear a block
L: move camera/rotate
R: Zoom in/out
Circle + D-pad: Change pointer size
R2 + D-pad: Move blocks
SELECT: Clear all
At the top, you can select a pose for your creation: standing, walk 1, walk 2, "banzai," and sword out.

You're not limited to the presets in the palette. Pressing square lets you adjust the colors.

Outside of character customization at the start of the game, you can also customize your character's weapon as you progress. Gold that you earn from defeated foes can be used at the town's blacksmith to customize your weapon in seven areas, including length, size, attack strength, long distance attack strength, rotation degree, and piercing strength.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/09/10/3d_dot_game_heroes_update/

dallow_bg

nods at old men
At the top, you can select a pose for your creation: standing, walk 1, walk 2, "banzai," and sword out.
So does that mean the characters do have the two frame walking animation like old RPGs? :D

Raistlin

DMPrince said:
zelda-cross-stitch.jpg

It's like they are recreating the zelda map.

Castle in the foreground and the brown valley in the back.

Holy shit you're right :lol I don't know how I didn't notice this.

They aren't even trying to hide that this is a Zelda remake :D The castle, caves and
forbidden
forest are all in the same position as Hyrule :lol

dallow_bg said:
Holy crap at the fire in the last pic! :lol

I can't believe we've only had screenshots so far. Can't wait for TGS.

Was it known that the studio that's making this game also made Double STEAL? That's the Xbox series with the 720p visuals and particle effects.

I'm not sure if it's the same people or not, but at the CEDEC awards last week, Silicon Studio's name came up in relation to one of the visual achievement awards, and one of the game's shown during a clip about the studio was Double STEAL.

lupinko

Euphor!a said:

Asian version was also a SCEH game release as Demon's Souls is originally a SCEI IP. 3D Dot Game Heroes is a From Software IP and not Sony's, so it's unlikely any Asia release will have an English localisation.

Top Bottom