• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Dot Game Heroes screens (From Software)

Dr. Chaos

Banned
I don't care if a fortune telling gypsy told me my company would lose everything on this game.

Damn it all to hell, I would localize this game.

It's like a cute beacon of light that wants to lead us through the polygonal darkness and just let us know everything is going to be alright.

(Pixel Jesus?)

Robot 492

Banned
AceBandage said:
I wouldn't worry about it.
Apparently companies are fighting over the rights to localize it.
:D
Yeah, I just noticed this on PS3Center:
3D Dot Game Heroes is set to release on November 11th in Japan. Though no publisher has stepped forward to localize the game, we hear Atlus and Ignition are battling it out for the rights to bring it to our side of the pond.
Good news :D.

dallow_bg said:
7th Dragon. :(

OK, good one, but it might still get another publisher (Shiren Wii did eventually, after all), and it's the exception, not the rule, except for the two publishers I mentioned; it used to be three, but Namco seems to have loosened up for non-Tales localizations.

Dr. Chaos

Banned
On second thought, looks like only the NPCs have standing in place animations. Bummer.

Love the sound effects when the logo appears and when it clashes with the sword.

I will pre-order this game as soon as its announced for NA release. That just looks and sounds so damned awesome. I mean it looks great in pictures posted but it's another thing to see it in motion. It's a 3D 8bit game. Just wow, wow.

What they need to do is release a character creation tool over the net. I'm all kinds of psyched up just to make my own little 3d guy.

4kv9m8.png

29w2xar.png

zlqjvs.png

dp9s9t.png

ourrc9.png

Jasoco

Banned
Holy fucking shit.

That is one sweet ass-trailer. :D

I am definitely buying a PS3 just to play this fucking game. The more Zelda blatant, the better. I hope it's long.

patsu

Jasoco said:
Holy fucking shit.

That is one sweet ass-trailer. :D

I am definitely buying a PS3 just to play this fucking game. The more Zelda blatant, the better. I hope it's long.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/08/31/3d_dot_game_heroes_detailed/

"There might be some worries that, given the game's looks, we'd end up with a short play experience. That doesn't seem to be the case. 4Gamer's report says to expect a 24 to 30 hour play experience to clear the game. However, with its item collection aspects, a hard difficulty mode, and a "secret character mode," the play time could top 60 hours."

Won't lie, their choice for animation was a bit jarring at first (expected something different) but it looks as awesome as ever :D Can't wait.
EDIT: They really nailed the vibe, reminds me of the Oracle of Ages/Seasons Zelda games.
patsu said:

"There might be some worries that, given the game's looks, we'd end up with a short play experience. That doesn't seem to be the case. 4Gamer's report says to expect a 24 to 30 hour play experience to clear the game. However, with its item collection aspects, a hard difficulty mode, and a "secret character mode," the play time could top 60 hours."
Yes difficulties :D

0:56 - 1:01, time travel?

onken

patsu said:

Wowzers. I very rarely pre-order games but I will be in this case, very exciting.

mr_nothin

Banned
OMG, that trailer was serious more than anything I could have imagined...
It works sooooo well. The boomerang part GOT ME. That and the part where he was slashing and getting hit like crazy.

Wow, why didn't someone wake me to tell me a trailer had dropped :rollseyes: :D

Looked great, but the massive sword looked a bit odd.

So we've had the screens, had the trailer, when do I get to mofo play it?!!

Orpheon

Banned
Ingenious idea; the water mechanics are quite impressive. (Reminds me of the Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony!)

Have to admit though, when I first saw the trailer - immediately thought Lego Zelda.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Yazuka said:
Even more hyped for the game now. Really hope the asian version will have english text.

don't think so .

only few SCE Japan Studio games have English Asian version ( when the Japanese version don't have english track or text ) ,I don't remember any other publisher did that on PS3 with asian versions .

Top Bottom