• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Dot Game Heroes screens (From Software)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
SolidSnakex said:
Sweet Jesus they actually did the standing walk animation!

24fw5n5.gif
This is just perfect. Everything I thought this would be. Music is great too.

From the trailer. does it show the hero travels between time? Especially the forest since it showed a path then not. and the sword in the stone in the forest :lol.

Ohhhhhhhhh shit.

I was worried this would be all flash but that video got me pretty hot. Please be Zelda 1 open world style and not post-LttP hand-holding bullshit.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I will learn japanese for this game if someone doesnt bring it overseas.

Shurs

Totobeni said:
don't think so .

only few SCE Japan Studio games have English Asian version ( when the Japanese version don't have english track or text ) ,I don't remember any other publisher did that on PS3 with asian versions .

It is encouraging that From Software's last PS3 game (Demon's Souls) did have an English/Asian version.

Paracelsus said:
SCEJ-published, that is why.
true, but I really think in the end that the Asian version got more people playing the game and brought more interest from imports. Although, if companies are already fighting over the rights to localize this, there may be no reason for that version.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I don't see how Nintendo could not be getting their lawyers ready to go berserk on this blatant Zelda rip-off, but man, this looks SO amazing! Not sure about the water (it doesn't really seem to fit in with the rest of it) but everything else looks great. Will pre-order once a NA release is confirmed (I'm Swedish, but I'm not gonna wait for a not-so-likely European release). If, by some tragedy, there is no NA release I'll just have to hope for a translated Asian version.

Majmun

Finally, footage has arrived. And it looks great.

I just don't like the look of the water. Everything else looks fantastic.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Paracelsus said:
SCEJ-published, that is why.

Well, also, the JP version had all English voice acting.

V_Ben

Banned
from software seem to do english in japan copies quite well. even ninja blade had english voices when it came out in japan.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
V_Ben said:
from software seem to do english in japan copies quite well. even ninja blade had english voices when it came out in japan.

Good on them. It makes it more accessible to those who aren't fluent in Japanese.

That said, I was going to wait on 3D Dot Game Heroes, but I watched the trailer, and subsequently took Dragon Age off my fall/winter gaming schedule for it.

eXistor

Oh jesus, Lord almighty, this game is gonna be so good!

One thing though and I'm pretty sure it's not even a bad thing in the end, but it looks a lot like Zelda...I mean a LOT, it could almost be called a ripoff (homage?). Everything in the trailer (except for the premise obviously) is already done in Zelda 1 or 3. Again, this could work for the game if they go the parody route, but just judging from the trailer it seems the originality doesn't stretch to gameplay.

But even if that turns out to be the case, I'm still all over this, it's fast become my most anticipated title this year.

eXistor

Actually, the more I think about it the more I want it to be a complete Zelda knock-off. I was just thinking: wouldn't it be cool if after you've finished the game (and presumably restored the world back to 2d) you could start a second quest in 2d with new dungeon layouts just like in Zelda 1? I think it would.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks better in motion, and gameplay wise looks killer (its 2d zelda!), but the dof is still way over done, and the water hurts my eyes.

At first I was sceptic... but hey ! FROM delivered an amazing demon souls, and I love that 3D pixel spirit.

Hope It will contain english (there won't be many text, righ, right ?)

eXistor said:
Actually, the more I think about it the more I want it to be a complete Zelda knock-off. I was just thinking: wouldn't it be cool if after you've finished the game (and presumably restored the world back to 2d) you could start a second quest in 2d with new dungeon layouts just like in Zelda 1? I think it would.
Yes! I am glad you've seen the light because I was going to tsk tsk your previous post. There is nothing wrong with making a blatant clone of Zelda 1. There have only been a handful. Shit, I can't think of anything other than Neutopia* and it's a gentler, less open game. I bet this isn't a full-on Zelda ripoff though. There's gotta be a bit of Dragon Quest in it.

*If anyone can think of another Zelda 1 clone please tell me. I'd love to play them!

eXistor

Rummy Bunnz said:
Yes! I am glad you've seen the light because I was going to tsk tsk your previous post. There is nothing wrong with making a blatant clone of Zelda 1. There have only been a handful.
I know, at first I was slightly disappointed because it's been done before in a world-famous game, but as you've said: there just aren't very many, just the one incredibly well-known one and a handful of lesser known ones. I really hope they're gonna do a somewhat non-linear/ open world as in Zelda 1. Everything points to yes (looking at the panoramic screenshots), but it would be nice to get this confirmed.

Rummy Bunnz said:
Yes! I am glad you've seen the light because I was going to tsk tsk your previous post. There is nothing wrong with making a blatant clone of Zelda 1. There have only been a handful. Shit, I can't think of anything other than Neutopia* and it's a gentler, less open game. I bet this isn't a full-on Zelda ripoff though. There's gotta be a bit of Dragon Quest in it.

*If anyone can think of another Zelda 1 clone please tell me. I'd love to play them!

golden axe warrior.

Jasoco

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
As I said, this is the game that will make me buy a PS3. I usually don't buy PlayStations until the end of their lives when they hit the $100-150 price point because there's never anything worthy of spending the money for me. But this fucking game.. goddamn I want it so much. And that Katamari game. And the new ICO game. Plus I can give my Blu-Ray player to my dad so he can watch Star Trek when I get it. (Because I ain't buying a DVD version of that movie.)

Still disappointed at the removal of BC, but a new Katamari game and this game will ease the pain.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Amazing concept.

Might convince me to buy a PS3.

neojubei said:
i love the music on the website. Wish there was a soundtrack or something.
If Atlus ends up being the one to bring it stateside (if it does come stateside) there very well could be one in the future.
EDIT: Think we will get an HD version of this on Thursday?

Would be awesome :D

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
JonStark said:
At first I was sceptic... but hey ! FROM delivered an amazing demon souls, and I love that 3D pixel spirit.

Hope It will contain english (there won't be many text, righ, right ?)

This is a zelda-type of RPG so it might be heavy in Japanese text.

ZauMelz

Neo Member
neojubei said:
This is a zelda-type of RPG so it might be heavy in Japanese text.
Does not compute.

Anyways, I find the fact awesome that all of the text used in the dialog boxes doesn't contain one single Kanji; everything written in Hiragana/Katakana. YAY for import-friendliness!

inner-G

Banned
ZauMelz said:
Does not compute.

Anyways, I find the fact awesome that all of the text used in the dialog boxes doesn't contain one single Kanji; everything written in Hiragana/Katakana. YAY for import-friendliness!
There's some (basic) kanji. Look @ 1:30 in the trailer.

Top Bottom