• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Dot Game Heroes screens (From Software)

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Pixe said:
mms://fromsoftware.hvod.nefficient.jp/fromsoftware/game/3dgh/3dgh_pv01.wmv

Zelda?

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, this is doooope!

music reminds me exactly of lttp. It's likeness is crazy, I wonder if they can get in trouble...

TreIII

g35twinturbo said:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, this is doooope!

music reminds me exactly of lttp. It's likeness is crazy, I wonder if they can get in trouble...

I'm sure that "fair use" is probably the main thing that would have to be worked, if Ninty DOES get uppity. :lol

Love this to bits though.

orioto

Good Art™
It really feels retro, in the least detail !

This said, i would love to see the same work with 16 bit era. It could look fantastic.

Sweet Jesus they actually did the standing walk animation!

24fw5n5.gif

Alex

Feels awkward to be happy to see limited animation. :lol

Game doesn't give me an ounce of LttP vibe, it's all Dragon Quest + original Zelda. I kinda wish they'd stuck more to Zelda as far as the color palette goes though. Something about the original Zelda's use of color I really dug.

Main theme cracks me up in how it sounds exactly like a Sugiyama and a Kondo song rammed down the middle

good lord

my jaw was on the floor watching that trailer. From Software UBER ALLES!

fuck, I was about to go sleep and now I can't stop smiling. This is the greatest.

I need this

cramcakes

Animations look amazing. Too bad 40% of the screen is blurry at all times. :( That depth blur effect doesn't need to be all over everything. Hype kind of tainted now...

hie

cramcakes said:
Animations look amazing. Too bad 40% of the screen is blurry at all times. :( That depth blur effect doesn't need to be all over everything. Hype kind of tainted now...

wow.

sucks for you, i guess.

Akai

The cucco attack, too? So blatant...

But hey, I'm always down for another Zelda-type game, even if it's already Zelda... :lol

MiamiWesker said:
Screw you Nintendo for not coming up with this idea first. This is a Zelda fans dream come true. GOTY.

I dunno about a dream come true.
It's certainly a cool idea and has a lot of promise, but hopefully there's substance to go with the nostalgic look.

leroidys

I'm praying this game comes with a level editor ala LBP. That would make this game of the forever. You could actually remake zelda pixel for pixel in 3d. Fuck.

Dr. Chaos

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Sweet Jesus they actually did the standing walk animation!
I wanted to raise my fist in triumph when I saw that.

Custom 3D dot game hero Torneko and Loto's descendant, you will be complete, my friends.

*kisses game*

Top Bottom