• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6.44 Inch Sony Xperia Z Ultra Phablet set to announce soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivftp

Xperia_Z_Ultra_Invite.jpg

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/06/12/first-image-of-xperia-z-ultra-teased-super-slim-phablet/

"The Xperia Z Ultra is believed to have a 6.44-inch 1080p “Triluminos with X-Reality for Mobile” display. It will be powered by the Snapdragon 800 chipset (2.2GHz quad-core processor and Adreno 330 graphics), 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage and microSD memory card slot. It will also feature an 8MP camera and 2.2MP front-facing camera. The handset will launch with Android 4.2 with dimensions of 179.2 x 92 x 6.5mm and will weigh 212g."

This has popped up from time to time, but this is the first official acknowledgement by Sony that this phone exists so I felt it warranted a thread. Not to mention there's a picture of the darned thing right there in the invitation.

So, who's up for getting this beast? I'm VERY tempted personally. If it weren't for the superior camera on Sonys upcoming flagship, I'd be all over this bad boy in a heartbeat.

vivftp

I usually keep my phones in my shirt pocket, so I THINK Z Ultra should be an alright size for me. I would definately appreciate the spacious screen, but considering I'm already on a 4" Xperia x10a, the jump up to the 5" Honami will already be massive.

Sony Mobile has an event scheduled on June 25th too. Considering the fact that Z Ultra is to be revealed on July 4th, it makes one wonder if Honami will be shown on the 25th. Would be amazing if it is.

Cipherr

No to 6.44 unless they can fit in a size of a GNote2. That's as large as I would go for a daily driver.

Beyond that, I would just take my N7 along with me wherever.

Volotaire

If Sony are making their move soon, and with Samsung rumoured for Late July, then HTC will be soon too.

Let's ee what they bring, hopefully not too large for my skinny pockets and small hands. This will definitely be. HTC I'm looking forward to more.

Mario007

There's an event in Germany and Shanghai scheduled for the 25th of June as well. The Shanghai event is being hyped as a worldwide reveal of some sorts. There's even some whispers around the web saying that both Xperia Z Ultra and the new flagship a.k.a. Xperia Every Fanboy Dream Come True are supposed to be unveiled in Shanghai (though I doubt that).

Also Xperia Z Ultra= world's first Snapdragon 800 phone, so get hyped!

vivftp

Is it me or since Kaz has taken over has Sony gone back to the days when they used to stuff amazing amounts of tech into a package that makes you wonder how the frack they did that? I mean we've got things like the RX100 and RX1 cameras, PS4 is considerably smaller than the less powerful Xbox One, and earlier this year we got a taste of this on smartphones with the very thin Xperia Z and very small footprint of the ZL. Not to mention the Xperia Tablet Z which is the worlds thinnest tablet in its size category. Now we're getting a massive phones that're impossibly thin at just 6.5mm for the Z Ultra. Makes you wonder how thick Honami will be.

Mario007

Is it me or since Kaz has taken over has Sony gone back to the days when they used to stuff amazing amounts of tech into a package that makes you wonder how the frack they did that? I mean we've got things like the RX100 and RX1 cameras, PS4 is considerably smaller than the less powerful Xbox One, and earlier this year we got a taste of this on smartphones with the very thin Xperia Z and very small footprint of the ZL. Not to mention the Xperia Tablet Z which is the worlds thinnest tablet in its size category. Now we're getting a massive phones that're impossibly thin at just 6.5mm for the Z Ultra. Makes you wonder how thick Honami will be.
Honami should be thicker, around 12-10 mm because of the huge camera sensor. But you're right Sony's engineers are really on the roll recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom