• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Compilation of Hilarious Animations in Mass Effect Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Saw this on Twitter. No chill.
C7EVPY0XwAAHa2R.jpg:large
Knuckles out of nowhere. What?

cripterion

6mBLbys.jpg

tumblr_nwa377UKKB1uforlto6_1280.jpg

Quite the difference, to say the least. Like, a generational leap.

In my opinion, your pic highlights even something worse : that you could customize the armor of your companions in DA:I, and a reminder that you can't in Andromeda (I know the dude there is a vendor and not a companion, point still stands)

If only the faces and animations were the only issues in this game...

Lime

In my opinion, your pic highlights even something worse : that you could customize the armor of your companions in DA:I, and a reminder that you can't in Andromeda (I know the dude there is a vendor and not a companion, point still stands)

wait, there are no 'alternative appearances' for companions?

Oh you'll be able to customise them... for only $7.99 with the Squad Armour Pack #1™!

cripterion

That face she does at the end if pretty damn good, imo.

I just need to know if it's in the right context. What's happening here?

You don't wanna know lol

Still waiting for that Crowbcat video with "I'm only human" song playing in the background.

kESJ08.gif

Also where's his Andromeda version?

Lime

Nope. It might come later on they said.

"I'm only human, after all. Don't put the blame on me" Bioware devs.

what have the model artists been doing the last 5 years? Surely they couldn't just be making one single armor for each of the companions.

cripterion

what have the model artists been doing the last 5 years? Surely they couldn't just be making one single armor for each of the companions.

I seriously thought it would be like DA : Inquisition and that we could outfit them with whatever we liked. They wouldn't even need to conserve a "specific look" like Cassandra or Varric here considering the nature of space armor. Why even have weapon and armor crafting then? Oh well...

Svejk

I never laughed so hard at a thread... it's to the point now... I'm starting to feel sorry for them.
Please keep them coming

Staf

The not being able to change outfits on companions sure suck... I'd hope they at least would follow the DA:I model, or better yet the ME1 model.

gfxtwin

To be positive for a moment, the animator(s)/character model rig person(s) must be among the most likable and easy to work with in the industry, right?

MikeBison

This thread and the other impression pieces going around have been super helpful. This year has been jam packed and I'm still playing Nier and Zelda, for the first time in I don't know how long i've canceled a pre-order and felt great about it. Can crack on with Persona 5 when it comes out and not have a nagging feeling to finish ME. Can return to it fi and when they put some patches in place.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Honestly the facial animation is Sims 2 level. I don't know how they have the balls to pretend this game is ready to be sold for $60.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Why would they do this to their flagship franchise?

They were probably done doing Mass Effect games but EA wanted more.

Well, they got more.

This is a wake up call once again to people that every dev studio has a B-team, from Platinum to From Software to Bioware. There are a few companies out there like Nintendo who are smart about their B-teams and they have them work on experimental/smaller titles first, like DK Jungle Beat. Rockstar has their B-teams work on games like Manhunt.

kyser73

1. My face is tired. Laughing hurts.

2. How can the facial models and animation be this bad? They are universally comedic - its the weird apple-cheeked nature of all the humanoid characters except male-Ryder.

3. Please can someone shop these faces onto the crowd in the Forza 5 jpeg?

Saw this on Twitter. No chill.
C7EVPY0XwAAHa2R.jpg:large

Filben

She doesn't even have time to explain why she doesn't have time to explain
HASN'T YOUR FACE EVER BEEN TIRED
lol, guys, I'm dying here...

CDPR's procedural generation technique for conversations if hand crafting each of them is too much work.
Thanks for sharing that info!

I'm still enthralled by CDPR. What they have pulled over the course of time from The Witcher 1, with a bought engine, over the sequel with their very own, up to The Witcher 3 and its expansion packs. And they don't even milk their franchise by releasing a lukewarm soup of the same things over and over again.

Philxor

I'm still enthralled by CDPR. What they have pulled over the course of time from The Witcher 1, with a bought engine, over the sequel with their very own, up to The Witcher 3 and its expansion packs. And they don't even milk their franchise by releasing a lukewarm soup of the same things over and over again.

I think CDPR is the prime example of what Bioware needs to do here in terms of corrective measures. I distinctly remember the Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition patch reworked an awful lot of facial animations, elements of combat etc. as well as crushing bugs. I have never seen another studio implement the sort of post-launch patch support that CDPR implemented for the first and second Witcher titles, but Bioware need to move to that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom