• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Compilation of Hilarious Animations in Mass Effect Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

tumblr_ohjlbaky731r5neevo1_250.gif

I loved it when they said it was a bug and would be fixed. And people believed it.
Why put it in the trailer then haha.

klier

I was thinking about getting this game after completing Zelda, but it looks like I am going to get Horizon instead.

Yep. Thanks for this thread.

red36

Neo Member
Yeah, sorry they should be ashamed. I can't support this game with a purchase in good conscious. Pre-order canceled. This cannot get a pass.

ironcreed

Banned
Someone at BioWare has to be reading this thread right now, wonder how they feel about it.
I hope they are working on some kind of animation patch, the longer they wait the more people will see this game as a big disappointment compare to previous Mass Effect.

It's spreading everywhere, not just on GAF.

That is not something that is going to happen fast, if at all. What we are seeing is what we are going to get, so expect to see more cold faces, emotionless conversations, T-poses and weird bojangle walking. It is what it is.

If you ever watched some of the gun disarm videos this animation gets even more unbelievably bad. It's down right amatuer work.
It's like someone who knows nothing about martial art trying to animate a spin kick without bothering to do any research.

She basically just snatch the pistol out of his hands, you know like.....magically.....without even looking at it.

tcrunch

I couldn't tell whether the point was that the random Citadel NPC is slightly more emotive than the story character, or that they have the exact same swaying animation down to the timing of their blink.

I noticed that but I wasn't sure if maybe it was convergent animation evolution or if everyone I have been talking to my entire life does that when they're talking and I just haven't noticed. It became very existential so I didn't want to say anything.

But now you've pointed out the blink timing too and I see Andromeda is very much a new coat of paint on a Model T.

I want to see more comparisons with past Mass Effect games and other RPGs from this gen.

I'll make some more when I get home from work today, though thinking of a comparable npc scene from ME3 might be hard. I only played that game through once when it came out. Same with W3, though as I recall that game has a lot of "intercepted by pantsless bandit on the roadside" scenes so I'm sure it won't be too difficult to find.

I'm playing Horizon right now so that will be easy.

Why not start it? Someones head needs to roll for ruining one of my top beloved franchises.

I am a ME fan too but I always feel like the story of Mass Effect has ended perfectly. (I know the ending is pretty shit but still, the series ends pretty well overall.)
Andromeda just feels like a unnecessary ''reboot''.

I can already see a lot (probably 50% or more) of hardcore fans treat this game as non-cannon, myself included.

Temp_User

OKay...I'm canceling. I just have too many games to play, and this all just kills my hype with how shoddily it all looks put together.

And thats EA's current predicament. Q1 2017 has been absolute fire in terms of gaming quality. If they think they could slip this . . . . . . . . 'unpolished' Mass Effect to the gaming masses and expect them to be grateful just to play something new on a traditionally sleepy quarter for games . . . . . . . . they are sadly mistaken.

Krathoon

The thing is that allot of the cut-scenes are real time now.

That makes the bugs way more visible.

Are there any pre-rendered cut-scenes in this at all or is it all real time?

Zomba13

The thing is that allot of the cut-scenes are real time now.

That makes the bugs way more visible.

Are there any pre-rendered cut-scenes in this at all or is it all real time?

A lot of the cutscenes were real time in previous Mass Effect and Dragon Age games too (because they needed your player created character) and they, on the whole, didn't look as weird and janky as in this game.

Though to be fair to the game, this is a thread compiling all the weird animations and stuff so the problem might appear worse than it actually is. I don't know though, not got the game and thinking maybe I'll hold off for a sale or maybe even a complete trilogy collection somewhere down the line.

Eolz

Ok. This one got me good. I think somebody mistakenly used the 'hand-me-the-gun' assets instead of 'fire-the-gun' and QA just be like, "Just put some gunfire effects. We dont have time!".

I know what you mean, but it's not QA making those decisions. It never is.
What is more likely is that QA raised the issue, leads thought that nobody would notice, and production + EA decided that there was no time to fix it anyway.

Zomba13

I know people think it's funny but that level of facial animation is absolutely unacceptable especially for fans who have been waiting for 5 years. I just feel embarrassed.

I dunno, I think that actually looks good. Not good in a "serious sci-fi game doing serious alien stuffs" way, but in a "character saying something then pulling that face that is I dunno/I'm kind of impressed/some kind of shock".

Bad overall impressions and this mean I'm not going to get this. It's a shame because, like everyone else, I waited so long to see it come to light :(

This is the nail in the coffin for this series after its tragic death after the ending of 3.

I have no interest in the Mass Effect series, but I'm excited for this game coz of these gifs lol.

I was actually excited for this and had it pre-ordered... but what the fuck man.

I guess I'm gonna hold off. Oh well, that means I can get breath of the wild on wii u.

43 page thread, but it seems like it's just the same dozen examples? Between the game's lackluster facial animation and the stilted, awkward dialogue, I was hoping for a lot more hilarity from this thread.

Teletraan1

Banned
I am not sure what bioware games people have been playing over the years but these animations and overall jank are pretty much on par with what I have come to expect. The overall aesthetic seems like a step backwards from the original trilogy. Seems like a halfway point between SWTOR and ME and a bit too much on the cartoony side. It had to be a conscious decision to make everything look more cartoony and goofy looking like a dreamworks animation where everyone has a half smirk on their face the whole time.

They should have just used the same facial animation over and over like BotW did. Link makes the exact same face when you progress through the story bits like at least 12x and nobody mentioned it once. Maybe if these facial animations weren't so goofy they would be ignored like every other game with sub par or repetitive animations.

43 page thread, but it seems like it's just the same dozen examples? Between the game's lackluster facial animation and the stilted, awkward dialogue, I was hoping for a lot more hilarity from this thread.
It's based on the 10 hour free trial. Imagine the stuff that's hidden away in the full game.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

7212_md.png

#fireMacWalters

You know, for as much as these discussions can devolve into unproductive hyperbole, I'm genuinely curious: why even make such a statement? Even if Andromeda does every other thing well, it is clearly lacking in the animations department. Why even single that out when you are one of the few people in possession of knowledge otherwise? This is such a confusing quote to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom