• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A friend wants me to get her pregnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she's doesn't have time for a relationship, she doesn't have time for a child. Children are a full-time relationship that require constant love and attention.

Exactly, are you going to be a father 100% of the time there for that child everyday? Because that's what it means being a parent not just showing up when its convenient to you this isn't a pet rock its a human being that is going to grow up and ask questions and you better be ready for some emotional real shit for the rest of your life.

Liamario

Banned
A child isn't a dog that you can just give to someone else. That child would be your son or daughter. That's huge and think about it from the perspective of the kid growing up.
Doing this would be a huge mistake.

Defuser

OP even if her feelings are hurt but you have to tell her you do have to lookout for yourself first and foremost because you will never know it can come back and bite you. The only thing you can do is help her find a sperm bank.

Mendrox

Having kids with people you respect and are compatible with is way more important.

He gets a baby momma he respects, a kid with a good gene pool, and doesn't have to be tied down. Amazing situation, IMO.

No what the fuck. What am I reading? Amazing genetics. This is not MGS with the super Baby method. He needs a dad too all the time if that is possible and He has the fucking choice. Dont wreck your life and that of a kid...

Isn't this the plot of a movie or something?
Yup.

Nasty Baby
1200.jpg

It doesn't go well...

Tarkus

Thank goodness the OP had great judgement in this story. I feel bad, but I kinda sorta wanted the thread to deliver. Maybe it's bedtime for me.

There is something called a sperm bank. Tell her to use it instead of guilt tripping you. You will also be legally responsible for that child since it's yours.

Edit: the fact she also doesn't have time for a boyfriend is a huge red flag. This friend of yours is not ready for a child at all. Relationships are less demanding than raising a child by huge margin and unlike a relationship, you can't just walk away.

Please be a troll thread.

Are you actually reading your own words? Because it sounds ridiculous to create a human being "just because a friend asked you".

FreeMufasa

Bless.

I would do it as long as we sign something where I get paid, don't have to pay for shit for the kid and she has to move to a further city

Kids are always a blessing

Monocle

Should you do this?

Do you have a fetish for paying child support?

Two questions with the same answer.

No what the fuck. What am I reading? Amazing genetics. This is not MGS with the super Baby method. He needs a dad too all the time if that is possible and He has the fucking choice. Dont wreck your life and that of a kid...
You're making the mistake of thinking of the child as a human being. Consider this hypothetical kid as more of a trophy or resumé enhancer.

Drain You

I know next to nothing about this but if you think you would be able to do this without getting emotionally attached to said kid then go for it...after seeing a lawyer to make sure it can't bite you in the ass somehow.

skelekey

Don't give yourself too much credit. If she doesn't have a kid, that's on her. It is flattering she thought of you as a,'donor.' Even when you plan a pregnancy, NOTHING goes to plan. She better have a solid support system outside of JUST you.

I would do it as long as we sign something where I get paid, don't have to pay for shit for the kid and she has to move to a further city

Can you really waive or "out-contract" child support before having children?

I've read so many child-support stories on the net, I wouldn't be surprised if a judge will just be like:

K421NMo.gif

"Child support belongs to the child it's got nothing to do with what you want."

ramparter

Banned
Do it...but use protection.
:)

Seriously OP how can ylu be sure she just needs your sperm? This chikd is gonna be yours, its not about ground rules. If she struggles you will feel the need to help even if she doesnt ask you to. What am I saying is that the question here isn't 'do i want to get her pregnant', its 'do i want to have a kid?' because thats exactly what you are getting yourself into regardless of what you agree on beforehand.

Dalibor68

Banned
On one hand yay for more offspring, on the other hand you would probably have to pay alimony the rest of your life plus I'd imagine it to be super hard witnessing someone else(ie another man or woman if she's lesbian) raising "your" biological child. I think I'd also have a little voice in the back of my head telling me "THIS IS YOUR CHILD!".

gogosox82

No. Absolutely not. If she wants a child, she can adopt or be artificially inseminated. You should not do this just because she's a friend and really wants one. Its not a pet, its another human being you will be responsible for and you and her have to be willing to take total responsibility for that child's life. The fact that she would even ask you to do this makes me think she isn't ready for this responsibility.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
As someone who doesn't want kids, this would be a horrifying prospect. I mean, she says that you won't have to feel obligated to help her out, but what if she has a bad day at some point and takes your ass to court? You'd be legally obligated to provide child support. And hypothetically, even if she didn't do that, the kid would still be yours. You make up a part of it. I don't know about you, but it would be hard for me to carry that knowledge and ignore my offspring.

Final determination: DON'T FUCKING DO IT.

cowboyz89

If I wasnt so drunk, Id go into a rant about how much of a fukkin idiot you are for even considering it...but since I am, I will just say you are a fukkin idiot and come back to this thread in the morning if I remember that I was in here.

Thoraxes

The questions you should be asking yourself are, "Do I want a child?" and "Do I want to pay for a child for 18 years?"

Xilo

As a father I beg you to not do this. It is so extremely unfair to a child to start them off with two parents who are just acquaintances. I can't imagine missing the feeling of my fiance, myself and our daughter being one team that all loves eachother. Having a child isn't like adopting a puppy at the humane society.

Keep in mind OP that if you decide to not have a child you're basically aborting a child's chances at life and that's murder or something I think.

But seriously, what? Good thing it doesn't seem to be happening.

liquidtmd

Banned
Do. Not. Do. It.

If you're considering it because you fancy the sex

A) your priorities are out of whack

B) take $20,000 and go fucking nuts with high class hookers. Still far cheaper and less life dominating than kids

C) another child brought into the world without a father deliberately not giving a care in the world - too many as it is

norinrad

This right here describes a guy who seemed to have a perfect life, had lots of opportunities in the internet age to meet so many beautiful women and eventually marry one, choosed to ruin it all by having a kid with a woman who clearly has not thought things through. His life of misery began as soon as he made that decision to inject it into her. Go ahead, have a kid with her and learn to live with that decision.

Mory Dunz

....Like how was this even considered....by either of you...?

College gradaute professionals, masters, etc, yeah, but where the eff is common sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom