• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A guy drowns an ants colony with hot aluminum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
think about how shitty and hostile humans are. what if some race that is orders up orders of magnitude more advanced than use were to find us, see how much of a nuisance we were, and then quickly destroy us? would that be okay? If not, what changes the situation when we're talking about ants and humans, and we are on the ones on top?

It if happens, it happens. I can't prepare for every fucking "what if" situation in the world. What if I get run over tomorrow?

Toxi

Banned
So if ants are blazing a trail through your kitchen, bathroom, etc, you just leave them alone? No killing whatsoever? No Raid? No shoe?
The clear solution here is to release another army of ants and let the two duke it out.

Whichever one wins is allowed to have the living room.

EDIT: I meant my living room, not richisawesome's!

Rich!

think about how shitty and hostile humans are. what if some race that is orders up orders of magnitude more advanced than use were to find us, see how much of a nuisance we were, and then quickly destroy us? would that be okay? If not, what changes the situation when we're talking about ants and humans, and we are on the ones on top?

Back in July, I woke up for work at 3am as per usual. Got downstairs, turned the light on - and the entire living room floor was covered in ants. THOUSANDS of them.

What should I have done? Kindly asked them to leave? Left them to it (with a baby upstairs)?

No. I got out a can of Raid, and went to work. Vacuumed every last little bastard up. I found their nest outside, and I absolutely destroyed it.

No mercy.

Lol this just reminded me of this old Malcolm in the Middle clip with Dewey and ants

http://www.thatvideosite.com/v/4241/the-ant-hill-god

Perkel

Banned
Ant coming back with leaves: WHO THE FUCK PUT LAVA IN MY HOUSE ! FUCKING GRIEFERS !

bullet-ants.jpg

Lace

I've had enough run in's with fire ants to feel a okay with this.

Like any wild animal that has the chance?

I hope a fireant crawls into the guys dick when he's sleeping.

I'm guessing you don't have a lot of personal experience with fire ants.

absolutly disgusting

you would get fined or even end up in jail when you do this here.
ant colonies are protected (at least here)

Ants are also super important for the environment and should not be harmed, poisoned, burnt or killed by asshole humans.

edit:
I hope a fireant crawls into the guys dick when he's sleeping.

plus this

WoodWERD

Pretty fascinating result. And wow, ebay auction @ $4k with 18 hours left?!? He's making a killing on those!
:x

mxgt

Banned
no remorse for fire ants. fuck 'em.

What we need is for someone to somehow pour aluminium into a wasp nest.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
It if happens, it happens. I can't prepare for every fucking "what if" situation in the world. What if I get run over tomorrow?
I'm not asking what you'd do or what you'd think, that's obvious, you'd simply die. Instantly. I'm asking about if there's a difference in the morality of the situation.

Hopefully if more intelligent life discovers us one day, they won't pour such metallics on us. I don't want to be that kind of art.

Game-Biz

Fire ants were born deserving to die. I'm glad someone out there has turned their miserable little existence into something positive.

L00P

I don't like these things. They're like cockroaches, except they actually bite you

little fuckers can make your feet red all over and itch like crazy.
And I know what they taste like, because the bastards loved to sneak inside my juice box

BigDug13

absolutly disgusting

you would get fined or even end up in jail when you do this here.
ant colonies are protected (at least here)

Ants are also super important for the environment and should not be harmed, poisoned, burnt or killed by asshole humans.

edit:

plus this

Are termite colonies equally protected? Is it illegal for pest control people to spray termite colonies? If not, why not?

In the end we all die. Plus I don't believe in applying human (or animal) morality to ants, whom, for all we know, have no awareness and don't feel pain. They might as well be moving trees. That are worth even less because they're far greater in number.

I remember i poured water down an ant hole once, I still fear for the day the descendants of those ants come for me seeking revengeance

I thought of someone doing that to us and pouring something into earth and some giant aliens having a message board saying " who cares it is earth there are so many more"

Game-Biz

I thought of someone doing that to us and pouring something into earth and some giant aliens having a message board saying " who cares it is earth there are so many more"
Then you'd have a defense force, "but humans have feelings and a right to live too, i don't understand why we have to kill them why can't we just safely move them elseware" "wow there's a defense force for humans now I've seen everything"

That's fascinating; the architecture is beautiful.

As for the morality of it... I kill tons when we get them (it's rare), but I feel that what he did was... kind of mean, I guess. I have no strong feelings for or against the matter, but, personally, I wouldn't want to be the person pouring the aluminum in a what-if scenario. I would feel terrible, even if they are just ants.

It's a bit hypocritical, though. Most ant stuff usually causes the ants to take something back to the colony so they all die, but it feels less personal that way, I guess, than pouring something directly on them at the source.

Morality, you fickle mistress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom