• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A WINNER MUST BE DECIDED!

Cheebs

After seeing the arguments over what is "sexy" in the 360 Japan topic I think there should be a topic for this. Rank the 3 next gen systems in terms of sexiness alone:

ms_3.jpg

hands-on-the-revolution-controller-20050915054852879-000.jpg

B0007SV734.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

My ranking:
1. Rev
2. 360
3. PS3

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Rev
PS3

The Revolution design isn't final though. Will probably get better if anything, but you never know, they might fuck it up.

Cheebs

Mama Smurf said:
Rev
PS3

The Revolution design isn't final though. Will probably get better if anything, but you never know, they might fuck it up.
I doubt they will mess with it much at all. Basically all press for it at TGS was postive, unlike E3 04's design for DS.

koam

I've seen all three in person (except the Rev was black) and I have to say:

1) Rev
2) Xbox 360
3) PS3

Where the gap between Rev and X360 is a lot larger than the one between Ps3 and 360. The PS3 is smaller than the 360 despite what the pics suggest but the X360 looks a bit better. There's just too much dull space on the ps3. White rev looks fanstic in the pics, can't wait to see it in person.

Oh and FYI, the PS3 controller doesn't look so bad in person though there was a "conceptual design" note next to it.

The thing that irks me about the 360 is the ugly green and the fact that face portion of it looks "cheap". But I still like it better than the PS3.

One final thing, all the next gen consoles look better than their original previous gen counterparts.

hadareud

The Translator
1) Revolution
2) 360
3) PS3

edit: the more I look at the PS3 the uglier it becomes. That hardly every happens to me with anything so Sony have done an amazing job there. A clear step down from PS2 (which wasn't exactly beautiful either). The only console uglier than last gen.

koam

krypt0nian said:
None of them come close to the PSP so yeah...

I actually don't like the way the black PSP looks but the white one with the clear buttons is hot. The DS is fugly though in comparison.

In terms of handhelds.

1) PSP
2) GBA SP
3) Micro
4) DS
5) GBA

I'd put DSlite above all of them though I haven't seen it in person yet so I don't want to judge.

Mama Smurf said:
Rev
PS3

Neither is the PS3 design.
Final design has still not been shown.

Doogdogg

1. Rev (just georgous)
2. X360 (...)
3. PS3 (the placement of the Spiderman font logo is bad on a already fugly looking system)

Firest0rm

1. Rev
2. X360
3. PS3

I used to hate the X360 design, but after seeing it in person I've grown to like it better than the PS3 design.

Reilly

Fallout-NL said:
Whats wrong with an external CD-drive when its actually an entire console?

What's wrong is that an external cd-rom drive doesn't make for a good looking console (Which is what this thread is about)

Reilly said:
What's wrong is that an external cd-rom drive doesn't make for a good looking console (Which is what this thread is about)

Hehe, ok I see your point.

Personally I think less is more though, what would you have liked to see?

1) Rev
2) 360
3) PS3

i dont much like the PS3, and 360 is nice for a standard console ....but Rev is so awesome in just all forms, i would put it up against anything in turms off awesomeness.

Top Bottom