• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Greenberg congratulates Sony and assures Xbox fans the revealed games would look and play great on XSX, "the world's most powerful console"

FUBARx89

Do you want I list today event? You will be surprise.

Sure. I watched it, so I know what was announced anyways. I've actually misread your initial post regardless, so my bad. Quantity, not quality.

But this still hasn't beaten e3 '15, less games, but the games announced wrecked anyone elses confrence that year.

Last edited:

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Ohhh yeap let’s try to remember the last Sony presentation with so many games... we can check the previous presentation since PS1 days.

Well I give up :D

They finally reached perfection today... took Sony 25 years?

Ok lets have a look at your logic.

Lets say that today Sony showed:
4 x Quality 1st party games
15 x Indie games
Total = 19 games

Lets say next year Sony shows:
11 x Quality 1st party games only but they were longer demos with real gameplay.
Total = 11 games

Now with your genius logic, 19 games is more than 11 games, so Sony2020 was the best and perfect showcase?

source.gif

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
I don't like him he says dumb stuff but informing xbox fans those games are coming to series x to is fine. Not like Sony is clear like Microsoft what is an exclusive.
You pick that up too? I was legit looking for the word EXCLUSIVE or "representative of PS5 graphical fidelity" or something. I couldnt tell what was what.

FUBARx89

You pick that up too? I was legit looking for the word EXCLUSIVE or "representative of PS5 graphical fidelity" or something. I couldnt tell what was what.

Both compaines are arses for failing to declare if stuff is exclusive, multi-plat or timed exclusive.

ROTTR is the biggest one I can think of on MS side.

quest

Not Banned from OT
People like to shit on phil and call him a liar but at least they make clear something is a console exclusive or world premiere. Sony represented everything as an exclusive if you were not informed.

ethomaz

Banned
Ok lets have a look at your logic.

Lets say that today Sony showed:
4 x Quality 1st party games
15 x Indie games
Total = 19 games

Lets say next year Sony shows:
11 x Quality 1st party games only but they were longer demos with real gameplay.
Total = 11 games

Now with your genius logic, 19 games is more than 11 games, so Sony2020 was the best and perfect showcase?

source.gif
Except I’m comparing the quality titles.
The show today was really surprise in terms of big hits.

Kagey K

Banned
People like to shit on phil and call him a liar but at least they make clear something is a console exclusive or world premiere. Sony represented everything as an exclusive if you were not informed.
I just go into these things assuming nothing is exclusive unless a PS or Xbox logo is shown before them. It worked out well for the most part except that Square game.

It specifically said built exclusively for the PS5 and it turns out it should have said built exclusively for the PS5 for a limited time.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Except I’m comparing the quality titles.
The show today was really surprise in terms of big hits.

Ohhh yeap let’s try to remember the last Sony presentation with so many games... we can check the previous presentation since PS1 days.

YOU LITERALLY STARTED THE CONVERSATION TALKING ABOUT QUANTITY NOT QUALITY. Don't change your tune now, mate.

Anyway, this is where I bow out. I have seen enough of your posts to know that I'm talking to a brick wall. #SonyNumberOne #SonyPerfectPresentation2020 #Believe

ethomaz

Banned
YOU LITERALLY STARTED THE CONVERSATION TALKING ABOUT QUANTITY NOT QUALITY. Don't change your tune now, mate.

Anyway, this is where I bow out. I have seen enough of your posts to know that I'm talking to a brick wall. #SonyNumberOne #SonyPerfectPresentation2020 #Believe
I’m comparing only the exclusive big titles since beginning lol
Sony did one of the best presentation ever in terms of titles announced.... that means quality and quantity... GT7, DS Reboot, Horizon 2, Spider-man 2, Racket Clank, Sackboy, Returnal, etc.

Last edited:

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
I’m comparing only the exclusive big titles since beginning lol
Sony did one of the best presentation ever in terms of titles announced.... that means quality and quantity... GT7, DS Reboot, Horizon 2, Spider-man 2, Racket Clank, Sackboy, Returnal, etc.
I totally forgot how huge Sackboy was as a game. You got me there. Congrats.

Klayzer

I'm all their lackluster presentations thy have had tons of indie and third party games tht would be on ps and of course no one ran to tweet tht. Shit was corny lol thats tht napean complex bcus their first parties just can't hang. Tht Demon Souls, Horizon, Spiderman, Ratchet, etc was killing them.
Truth. We all know who the presentation triggered, the same x-alts and the like. You see them hiding behind the trigger face with a mountain of sea salt.

I hope after xbox's next show playstation tweets out "congrats to our friends at Microsoft on their show today. Xbox fans should know that all of these games....will play just fine on an xbox one s. "#PoweredYourDreams #XalreadyGaveItToYa."

I hope after xbox's next show playstation tweets out "congrats to our friends at Microsoft on their show today. Xbox fans should know that all of these games....will play just fine on an xbox one s. "#PoweredYourDreams #XalreadyGaveItToYa."

I think Aaron actually should tweet that. Or do you think it's a bad idea to let people who can't afford a new system this year with all the shit that just went down that they will still be supported with new games after the new systems launch?

Kagey K

Banned
Truth. We all know who the presentation triggered, the same x-alts and the like. You see them hiding behind the trigger face with a mountain of sea salt.
There was nothing shown today worth triggering anybody.

If you were already a PS fan you got excited for sequels or a remake to games you already like (even if most of them had no dates attached) If you weren’t already a fan they didn’t offer much to convince you.

The rest was multiplat or available on PC day one and Xbox later down the line. 🤷‍♂️

Pretty scummy move if you ask me. Let them have their moment, don't try and jump in on the coattails and ride an excitement wave. SHOW the shit you say will be better. Talk is cheap.

Psykodad

Banned
I mean he is telling truth. Once you get into the game after loading 1-2 seconds slower what you are playing will either have a higher resolution or higher framerate.
And nobody will notice the difference, except maybe if a game runs @60fps on XSX and @30fps on PS5 or something.

Man, Xbox executives are fucking embarrassingly desperate. This is part of the reason why I’ll never get an Xbox. So amateur

So you'll never be getting a console to play other games that you might be missing out on because whoever works there acts a certain way and that dictates and hurts your gaming experience and how exactly? Lol.

Talk about some serious insecurities and self denial. The fact that you let someone else who has no relation to you dictate what games you play or what plastic box you buy is absolutely absurd.

That's like the equivalent of saying "Damn I want to date this girl and have sex with her cause shes really hot, but I am not gonna let myself do it because I can't stand her brother! Oh well.. I guess no hot pussy for me. "

Last edited:
And nobody will notice the difference, except maybe if a game runs @60fps on XSX and @30fps on PS5 or something.
Ray Tracing can completely change the look of a game. XSX appears to have 40% more Ray Tracing capability due to significantly more CU"s.

Last edited:

leo-j

I think Aaron actually should tweet that. Or do you think it's a bad idea to let people who can't afford a new system this year with all the shit that just went down that they will still be supported with new games after the new systems launch?
“We have an Xbox for the poor people that can’t afford Xbox one, and that is the Xbox 360.”
-Microsoft

Mister Wolf

Gold Member

If the games have modes with unlocked framerate you will notice the difference which they should since we now have access to TVs that have variable refresh rate so no need to use Vsync anymore.

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
Ray Tracing can completely change the look of a game. XSX appears to have 40% more Ray Tracing capability due to significantly more CU"s.
Yes, but if people here can supposedly barely tell the difference between games shown yesterday and current-gen games, a generational leap, do you really believe that the average consumer can tell the difference in visuals between a slightly higher res and improved ray-tracing?
The power advantage that XSX has will be neglectible for visuals to the average consumer.

This isn't 900p vs 1080p back in 2013. Especially with Sony's CB techniques.

If the games have modes with unlocked framerate you will notice the difference which they should since we now have access to TVs that have variable refresh rate so no need to use Vsync anymore.
Like I said, frames would be a noticeable advantage.
Because the difference between 30 and 60fps is quite clear.

I think it's a bad idea to hamstring your "most powerful console ever." New consoles are for cutting edge games. Always have been. Making games exclusive to your new powerful expensive machine doesnt mean you dont have compassion for those that have suffered due to covid. I lost my job due to covid. I understand as much as anyone what it's like "with all the shit that just went down."

Gaming is a non essential hobby. You dont have to pander to anyone. It was a tweet that stunk of desperation for attention. Most importantly I think itd be a sick burn for sony so 🤷‍♂️

“We have an Xbox for the poor people that can’t afford Xbox one, and that is the Xbox 360.”
-Microsoft

No it's literally "You can still play our new games even if you can't move to the next gen just yet. When you can afford to move to the new platform all the games automatically work on the new platform with smart delivery so you're taken care of then too"

Are people honestly painting not just dumping the existing player base as a bad move? This is one of the most consumer friendly things Microsoft has ever done.

THEAP99

Banned
So you'll never be getting a console to play other games that you might be missing out on because whoever works there acts a certain way and that dictates and hurts your gaming experience and how exactly? Lol.

Talk about some serious insecurities and self denial. The fact that you let someone else who has no relation to you dictate what games you play or what plastic box you buy is absolutely absurd.

That's like the equivalent of saying "Damn I want to date this girl and have sex with her cause shes really hot, but I am not gonna let myself do it because I can't stand her brother! Oh well.. I guess no hot pussy for me. "
It's not just Aaron Greenberg, it's also a slew of other issues. But he is for sure part of the problem. Very embarrassing at his job

It's not just Aaron Greenberg, it's also a slew of other issues. But he is for sure part of the problem. Very embarrassing at his job

I won't lie, he may behave a certain way or whatever, but at the end day there are good games that I am looking forward to playing lol and I am not gonna let 1 or multiple people st the company stop me from doing it.

I personally dislike Jim Ryan. But I am not sitting here and saying I won't get a ps5 because i dont like a certain executive lol

Last edited:
12+ TF and 3.8 GHz CPU AAA games are coming and now that we saw the «only on ps5» games, with a ps2 remake (being shown only with cut scenes) and a very far away away horizon2 being the only stand outs, the comparisons will be great with the «cross gen» games. As of now enhanced XSX Gears 5 kills most of what was shown at the Sony show including the spider man spin off.

Are people honestly painting not just dumping the existing player base as a bad move? This is one of the most consumer friendly things Microsoft has ever done.

......yes. 100%. We have generations for a reason. Because some people cant afford a new console day one we should constrain all the games for the people that can? What are the early adopters being rewarded with? Thanks for buying our state of the art console! Here's a game you can play on 7 year old hardware

I'd be wondering what I bought the XsX for.

What is coming in the first year of the ps5 that looks better than a cross gen game ? I believe that the new assassin’s creed will look better on the next gen consoles than what Sony suggested are 2020-2021 ps5 games , Nevermind things like halo infinite.

Last edited:

Klayzer

There was nothing shown today worth triggering anybody.

If you were already a PS fan you got excited for sequels or a remake to games you already like (even if most of them had no dates attached) If you weren’t already a fan they didn’t offer much to convince you.

The rest was multiplat or available on PC day one and Xbox later down the line. 🤷‍♂️
Oh noes. Not highly requested sequels to very high selling ips. I guess nobody should be excited by Halo or Ori by your dumb logic. See you in July, with that epic flip flop of opinions when Microsoft shows some expected sequels.

Kagey K

Banned
Oh noes. Not highly requested sequels to very high selling ips. I guess nobody should be excited by Halo or Ori by your dumb logic. See you in July, with that epic flip flop of opinions when Microsoft shows some expected sequels.
I didn’t say they wouldn’t do the same. Right now Sony is preaching to the converted.

Ms could very well do the same thing. I dont think anyone is triggered by either of these companies doing those things.

Its only you suggesting people are triggered, and I was trying to show you how you are projecting.

Last edited:

oldergamer

Out of the list, These are the true first party exclusives:

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Project Athia (PS5 Exclusive)
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)

I'm sure spiderman will be good, but we didn't see gameplay
Project Athia looked interesting to me
I thought Ratched looked good, but outside the reflections and fast world changes ( which got a bit confusing to watch imo), it looked like a PS4 title with more on screen. It didn't feel next gen.
GT7 looked like PS4 and showed nothing next gen imo. Does it have vehicle damage? I still think it lags behind forza by a lot.

Full list of exclusives and paid/timed exclusives
  1. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
  2. Project Athia (PS5 Exclusive)
  3. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
  4. Stray (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  5. Returnal (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
  6. Destruction AllStars (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
  7. Sackboy A Big Adventure (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
  8. Oddworld Soulstorm (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  9. Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  10. Goodbye Volcano High (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  11. GhostWire: Tokyo (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  12. JETT: The Far Shore (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  13. Godfall (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  14. Gran Turismo 7 (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
  15. Solar Ash (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  16. Demon's Souls (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
  17. DEATHLOOP (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  18. Little Devil Inside (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  19. Horizon Forbidden West (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
  20. Astro's Playroom (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Also there were hardly any games that were multiplayer ( what happend to "Play together?"). I think about 3 or 4 out of the list are online titles. Almost everything was single player.

Last edited:
Out of the list, These are the true first party exclusives:

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Project Athia (PS5 Exclusive)
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)

I'm sure spiderman will be good, but we didn't see gameplay
Project Athia looked interesting to me
I thought Ratched looked good, but outside the reflections and fast world changes ( which got a bit confusing to watch imo), it looked like a PS4 title with more on screen. It didn't feel next gen.
GT7 looked like PS4 and showed nothing next gen imo. Does it have vehicle damage? I still think it lags behind forza by a lot.

Full list of exclusives and paid/timed exclusives
  1. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
  2. Project Athia (PS5 Exclusive)
  3. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
  4. Stray (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  5. Returnal (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
  6. Destruction AllStars (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
  7. Sackboy A Big Adventure (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
  8. Oddworld Soulstorm (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  9. Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  10. Goodbye Volcano High (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  11. GhostWire: Tokyo (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  12. JETT: The Far Shore (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  13. Godfall (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  14. Gran Turismo 7 (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
  15. Solar Ash (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  16. Demon's Souls (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
  17. DEATHLOOP (PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  18. Little Devil Inside (PS4/PS5 Timed Console Exclusive, Available on PC)
  19. Horizon Forbidden West (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
  20. Astro's Playroom (PS5 Exclusive, PS Studios)
Also there were hardly any games that were multiplayer ( what happend to "Play together?"). I think about 3 or 4 out of the list are online titles. Almost everything was single player.

Project Athia is a timed console exclusive for PS5

Top Bottom