• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Abandoned FULL "Opening Teaser"

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Never Gonna Stop GIF by Rob Zombie
I wish someone did stop him from the Halloween franchise. It gave me nightmares for years thinking about the franchise's future.

Last edited:

Banned
Now you bunch of fucking cunts go and put at least 10% of the attention you gave these idiots to actual indie developers that make great games but don't have the gall to pull all that shit on gamers because they are busy actually working their asses off on good games.

but this one is advertised as a PS5 exclusive :pie_roffles: we need a new term for this shit... I'd say we should call these kind of games Fanboy Bait... they use console exclusivity as a way to promote their shitty ass games that wouldn't have otherwise garnered any attention by any sane person.
just like that shitty horror FPS Quantum Error that was advertised as a PS5 exclusive running at 4k 60fps with Raytracing (only to later announce an Xbox and PC version too) and looked like pure vile garbage for anyone with working eyes

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
People think it's the new Silent Hill.

Despite Konami already announcing that Bloober is making the new Silent Hill and this developer having half a decade of scams behind them.
Can we actually prove that?
Nobody had heard of any of it before the Abandoned.
The Haunting which is listed on the Playstation Store and on Steam is from December
But everything else? Are there reviews, comments, articles, mentions from 2015, etc or just listing with dates? Was somebody aware of Bluebox Games in 2015?
where's the history information come from?
Where's the links, the proof the people that had followed those games?
Because we had jack shit at first and they was a completely new studio.
now we got a complete history.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
The Haunting which is listed on the Playstation Store and on Steam is from December
But everything else? Are there reviews, comments, articles, mentions from 2015, etc or just listing with dates? Was somebody aware of Bluebox Games in 2015?
Reddit found the evidence via web archive.

Was that whole thing a joke? This better be one epic troll that pays off, otherwise this developer deserves nobody's support.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

They dropped then undropped several turds on Steam. But since hundreds of people do that a week nobody ever noticed or cared.

This game is going to be absolutely awful if it ever comes out, but all this attention theyre getting from kojimbo conspiracy theorists will make their game sell thousands just because of this shitshow. I have to hand it to them, it’s a solid grift.

but this one is advertised as a PS5 exclusive :pie_roffles: we need a new term for this shit... I'd say we should call these kind of games Fanboy Bait... they use console exclusivity as a way to promote their shitty ass games that wouldn't have otherwise garnered any attention by any sane person.
just like that shitty horror FPS Quantum Error that was advertised as a PS5 exclusive running at 4k 60fps with Raytracing (only to later announce an Xbox and PC version too) and looked like pure vile garbage for anyone with working eyes

Hey I kinda liked the idea behind that one and it gave me some brief DOOM 3 vibes with the scifi-horror and lighting. Seems like it's been ghosted though, haven't heard a single thing about it in months.

Did the game even come out?

Banned
Hey I kinda liked the idea behind that one and it gave me some brief DOOM 3 vibes with the scifi-horror and lighting. Seems like it's been ghosted though, haven't heard a single thing about it in months.

Did the game even come out?

nope. didn't release yet and no word on what's going on. and in the end it's most likely just a store bought asset amalgamation with basic FPS gameplay

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
but all this attention theyre getting from kojimbo conspiracy theorists will make their game sell thousands
Well they need to actually make a game in order for that to happen.
And the way things are going the truth will be revealed before they can get a gameplay trailer out.
And the Playstation.blog spotlight makes no sense if true.
Unless you believe Sony is being conned too.

Last edited:
People think it's the new Silent Hill.

Despite Konami already announcing that Bloober is making the new Silent Hill and this developer having half a decade of scams behind them.
You really need to check you facts and info before spreading misinformation like this and making your own assumptions into "facts"

1st of Blooper has a parternship with Konami.

2nd of Blooper denied making Silent Hill despite having a parternship

3rd Google and read before posting.

4th - thanks.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Well they need to actually make a game in order for that to happen.
And the way things are going the truth will be revealed before they can get a gameplay trailer out.
And the Playstation.blog spotlight makes no sense if true.
Unless you believe Sony is being conned too.

why did sony put this trailer on their youtube channel? who the fuck knows, but this will not be their first time promoting awful shovelware

Even if it does anything to do with Kojima....the guy really needs to change up his game plan. It was fun to follow all that fuckery for MGS 5 reveal but now he has like 2-3 games with the same WTF is this im confused type of bait and switch. Its not interesting at all, same as DS when they started revealing details and you are like...that was the big reveal?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Funniest shit in years btw, if it's really a prolonged marketing stunt for something bigger respect to the author behind it

ZywyPL

Banned
anigif_sub-buzz-551-1621550265-20.gif

LMFAO, all this shitshow for a 7s clip of a floor and a guy passing by. Like I said, they could've just drop in on YT and call it a day. Jaffe has a point, it's either Kojima or the dev is completely screwed.

Spacefish

Hey It's Kojima pretending to be a no name random dev who's tying the identity of his new game to a boring walking simulator that looks like an asset flip, Also he's reusing the exact same meta advertising strategy he already used but much more aggravating and less intriguing.

It's not Kojima because its incredibly dull. Not a single interesting idea on display.

sublimit

Banned
d61.gif

I hope Sony's marketing realizes that if this ends up being something serious they are actually doing more harm than good to whatever it is.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Imagine thinking Kojima gives enough fucks about the Silent Hill franchise to start a dummy company in 2014 to reveal a game in 2021.

Imagine being that delusional

"I'm going to create a dummy company for Silent Hill"
"Oh, cool you mean for the new PlayStation that just came out?"
"Nah, fuck that shit. We're making it for the next PlayStation after that and we don't even know what it'll be!"

MastaKiiLA

Even if this is Silent Hill - this slow burn reveal is crap. There's nothing interesting about it at all.
Seems to me people are desperate for another Joakim Mogren or even Boards of Canada Tommorrow's Harvest - this is shit tier teasing in comparison.
The irony saying there's nothing interesting about it while posting in a spinoff thread about the app that's just a teaser for the game.

I'd say as far as generating interest is concerned, BBS scores an A+. Delivery of a final product is still a huge question mark. However, since I'm convinced that Kojima is behind all of this, I don't expect to be disappointed on that front.

If no one cared about the app, and ignored its release, I'd say you were right. However, the opposite is true, and stringing along the breadcrumbs has has ensnared both believers and skeptics alike. The ROI on marketing is crazy high. It could only work because it has Kojima's scent. Without that, this would be a complete non-event.

Top Bottom