• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Abandoned FULL "Opening Teaser"

Even if this is Silent Hill - this slow burn reveal is crap. There's nothing interesting about it at all.
Seems to me people are desperate for another Joakim Mogren or even Boards of Canada Tommorrow's Harvest - this is shit tier teasing in comparison.
yeah it was fun at the beginning. But now it's just dragged out

Derktron

Banned
Blue Box:

pjPa5KK.gif

MrS

Banned
Now you bunch of fucking cunts go and put at least 10% of the attention you gave these idiots to actual indie developers that make great games but don't have the gall to pull all that shit on gamers because they are busy actually working their asses off on good games.
Looney Tunes No GIF by swerk

nope. didn't release yet and no word on what's going on. and in the end it's most likely just a store bought asset amalgamation with basic FPS gameplay
Yeah it's time in the Sun is already done. Main appeal was it being one of the first current-gen games shown off with some graphical feature hyping up the new systems.

But we've got quite a few games leagues ahead visually now (Rachet & Clank: Rift Apart, MS Flight Simulator, Demon's Souls Remake and upcoming games like Forza Horizon 5), and the big FPS games (Battlefield, COD, Halo: Infinite) are coming this holiday.

The irony saying there's nothing interesting about it while posting in a spinoff thread about the app that's just a teaser for the game.

I'd say as far as generating interest is concerned, BBS scores an A+. Delivery of a final product is still a huge question mark. However, since I'm convinced that Kojima is behind all of this, I don't expect to be disappointed on that front.

If no one cared about the app, and ignored its release, I'd say you were right. However, the opposite is true, and stringing along the breadcrumbs has has ensnared both believers and skeptics alike. The ROI on marketing is crazy high. It could only work because it has Kojima's scent. Without that, this would be a complete non-event.

TBH if Kojima really is behind this then I'll have lost a lot of respect for the guy. You can be a little tongue-in-cheek with a fanbase here and there but this ruse has been pulling attention away from actual games and actual upcoming releases, and is somewhat riding off an undercurrent of console fanboyism (because of the rumors regarding a new Silent Hill being a PS exclusive, people at one point thinking Japan Studio were behind it, and the way the earlier Silent Hill (and to a lesser extent MGS) rumors were framed by MLID) to boot.

I don't have a lot of respect for ongoing marketing this amateur-hour trading off nothing but hype and not even having put out a basic real trailer yet, especially tied to a studio that's done nothing but hype game announcements and completely abandon them for the past several years.

Okay, fuck Abandoned
New hype train has entered the ring.

Always convenient these dates are now lining up to August 19th, when before it was earlier in the month. Don't worry, when nothing happens on the 19th they will push the date back again ready to be wrong once more 👍

Last edited:
d61.gif

I hope Sony's marketing realizes that if this ends up being something serious they are actually doing more harm than good to whatever it is.
Not sure how much involvement Sony has in this, I don't think it's as much as some want to think. Any studio can put up an app demo on PSN as long as they pay the fees to do so. Maybe Blue Box just has a lot of money and paid for promotion, it's not like people had to pay for the app/demo anyway 🤷‍♂️

Dunno, I think it might be more on Kojima if this turns out to be a nothingburger since he is trolling along here and there with it. Which is funny, considering it's Konami who own the IP and Blue Box wouldn't fit the rumors of "1 Japanese, 1 Western" devs each working on a new Silent Hill (since Bloober is already the Western studio).

Or did that part of the rumor just "magically" change after the fact, too?

gamer82

Seems this devs has a record of doing this over the years where everyone of there games are PLAGUED WTH TECH ISSUES AND THEN ABANDONED.

So the title of this game is on the nose and is probably going to be another one that will be probably on the chopping block I can’t imagine Sony wanting bad feelings with gamers on their platform.

JUST RELEASE A PROPER TRAILER , WE WILL SEE WHAT GAME LOOKS LIKE FROM THERE , ITS NOT DIFFICULT . SO UNPROFESSIONAL AND SEEMS LIKE HISTORY ONCE AGAIN REPEATING ITSELF. :messenger_poop::messenger_clapping:

Last edited:
yeah , its all coming back now , like radio static! arghhhhh... lol , but seriously sony , and all the studios , wtf is goin on? covid or not , i want some fkin next gen games!!!

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
Another thread for this? C'mon, please use the other ones
I know. I have them on ignore but people keep reproducing them. Anyway, how come this stinking POS is 5 GB? Is Hasan that bad at optimisation? Fucking Dark Souls is 3.8 GB.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
I know. I have them on ignore but people keep reproducing them. Anyway, how come this stinking POS is 5 GB? Is Hasan that bad at optimisation? Fucking Dark Souls is 3.8 GB.

The actual video is only about 270MB. The rest is the timebomb virus that's going to fry your PS5 on August 19th.

tommib

Gold Member
I actually just played this cursed piece of monkey software and the inconsistent capitalisation of words is driving me insane. If you pick up a language that’s not English some of the text appears translated some doesn’t. This gets the award for lowest quality piece of software of the decade. Has the band from the “teaser” sued Hasan already? Not that anyone knows them anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom