• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AC4: First review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurish

This review seems fishy to me just because he said PS3 version looks like PS4 only with blurred textures,this is nonsense,I've seen AC4 on PS4 on a lame youtube compressed video and it looks much much better compared to AC3 on consoles,i don't believe that UBISOFT made a miracle with AC4 on the PS3 and suddenly it is razor sharp and looks as good as the 1080P version of the PS4.

Either he is blind as a bat and doesn't have any good eye to judge graphical merit or he just didn't really play the PS4 version for too long.

Well I didn't do it that way and didn't fail it, unless by fail you mean that you didn't get the 100% rating.

I remember getting caught and failing because Pitcairn escapes in that condition. I don't see any other way to stealthily get to him besides going through the majority of that route. Perhaps you don't have to strike from the flagpole, but most of it will be the same every time.

inner-G

Banned
8tzTdyI.gif
Gamestop exclusive: Flynt Flossy costume DLC

This review seems fishy to me
I see what you did there.

Portugeezer

Good to know.

Hopefully they put their true next gen AC game in the oven a bit longer.

aliasing on some textures...

I cant understand this, isn't aliasing related only to geometry?

Probably bad filtering, there are certain camera angles where the camera gets really close to ropes on the boat or leaves on the trees, they might look a bit jaggy up close.

Duxxy3

Disappointed there is no xb1 review.

It does feel like the author played the games for a short time and turned his impressions into a review.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Ignoring the graphical nitpicks, the game itself sounds like it will be worth the money.

This review seems fishy to me just because he said PS3 version looks like PS4 only with blurred textures,this is nonsense,I've seen AC4 on PS4 on a lame youtube compressed video and it looks much much better compared to AC3 on consoles,i don't believe that UBISOFT made a miracle with AC4 on the PS3 and suddenly it is razor sharp.

I agree with this. The PS4 version is also supposed to run at 1080p so IQ should be an almost automatic win there.

I remember getting caught and failing because Pitcairn escapes in that condition. I don't see any other way to stealthily get to him besides going through the majority of that route. Perhaps you don't have to strike from the flagpole, but most of it will be the same every time.

It's the easiest path and probably the best one for getting 100% but it's not the only one.

Wait, this is based off them playing it at an event?

Haha wtf... how on Earth can you realistically 'review' an entire game in such a setting? GTFO!

Still buying the wii u version day one, for some reason.

Surely the reason would be there is practically nothing else coming out on Wii U, no?

Ignoring the graphical nitpicks, the game itself sounds like it will be worth the money.

I agree with this. The PS4 version is also supposed to run at 1080p so IQ should be an almost automatic win there.
This, I sit 10foot away from my TV. I will not notice small aliasing, resolution makes a difference for spotting detail - but I will absorbed and the game sounds awesome

Visceir

Pretty much skipped AC3, kinda looking forward to this. Seems like it has more of an Far Cry3 feel where I can just go explore and dick around.

Jeb

Yep, if my memory serves me right, tons of reviewers gave AC3 positive reviews, I don't see why we should take reviews about this series seriously anymore, or pretty much anything at all.

You know, fool me once, ect...

StuBurns

Banned
Game length, I hope, is their poor way of talking about pacing.

Some games drag at seven hours, some don't at twenty.

Otherwise, I can't imagine what 'game length' out of five means.

Vooduu

Game length, I hope, is their poor way of talking about pacing.

Some games drag at seven hours, some don't at twenty.

Otherwise, I can't imagine what 'game length' out of five means.

lol I felt the same way when I read that. I don't expect the game to be long as we would like it considering all the console versions and the push for release during the holiday season.

halfbeast

Banned
who are you playing as in the first 10 minutes? or does it have a 10 minute long intro? :O

it has a 10 minute long intro, doesn't it.

Aliasing on textures? oO

Do they mean lack of AF?

Aliasing on textures could mean they are not filtered right (lacking AF, improperly done AF)... or that they have specular aliasing...

It could also mean a couple other things like how they do their normals. That could also leads to strange aliasing artifacts.

Positive aspects of the game:
-Wonderful world / map
-A lot of things to do
-Stealth works very well, you can chose how to approach your taget, etc..

Negatives aspects of the game!
- Technical problems
- lose of frame rate on PS3
- aliasing on PS4

Is this for real? So basically like every other AC game. Minus PS4 issues of course.

Alpende

Yeah, I'm going to hold off anyway. They keep saying there are numerous ways to get to your target. Except it never is.

Daymos

I think it's the 'technical problems' that are going to keep me away from this game at the ps4 launch. The last thing I want is to have my new PS4 locking up and then obssessing over whether its AC4 causing it or a faulty launch console. I'll probably end up getting killzone for that reason, its a better 'test subject' for ps4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom