• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

According to Shinobi602, Death Stranding 2 and Rise of the Ronin are set to release in 2024

mortal

Gold Member
DS2?

death-stranding-sam-bridges.gif

Btw, if true this means the slate of 2024 Sony published games will be the following:
  • Helldivers II
  • Concord
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Stellar Blade
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • MLB The Show*
  • Destiny 2: The Final Shape*
3rd party console exclusive:
  • Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
  • Granblue Fantasy: Relink
  • Silent Hill 2 Remake
Hope I'm not missing anything there.
MLB The Show and Destiny 2 are not really exclusives. Those also release on Xbox day 1.

I do want to play Stellar Blade, FF7 Rebirth, and Death Stranding 2 though, those are my top picks from the PS crowd.

I fear Silent Hill 2 will be trash due to Blooper. I don't have high hopes sadly.

MLB The Show and Destiny 2 are not really exclusives. Those also release on Xbox day 1.

I do want to play Stellar Blade, FF7 Rebirth, and Death Stranding 2 though, those are my top picks from the PS crowd.

I fear Silent Hill 2 will be trash due to Blooper. I don't have high hopes sadly.
That's why I put an asterisk for both those games. On PlayStation MLB the Show is Sony published while Bungie is a Sony Corp subsidiary under SIE.

rkofan87

Gold Member

i have more hope for shf then sh2r ay this point and i love sh2.

I wonder if DS2 will come to PC Game Pass by 505 games like last time. It would be weird for it to not be available.
Yeah I wonder that too. Not sure who has the PC publishing rights for DS2. If it's 505 Games still then it's possible for DS2 to come to PC Game Pass like it happened with DS, but if it's Sony there's no chance of that.

Yeah I wonder that too. Not sure who has the PC publishing rights for DS2. If it's 505 Games still then it's possible for DS2 to come to PC Game Pass like it happened with DS, but if it's Sony there's no chance of that.
You do realize Sony were the ones who licensed the PC version to 505 Games right?

"A Windows port licensed by Sony was released by 505 Games in July 2020. A director's cut version was released for the PlayStation 5 in September 2021, followed by a release for Windows in March 2022. Versions for iOS, iPadOS and macOS will be released in 2023."

Last edited:

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Really curios whats Kojima been cooking with DS2. They had the engine, they had the foundation of the IP and DS is 4 years old now. I expect great things

Bet he created all kinds of crazy systems in this one while improving the combat. Should be an absolutely wild experience.

rkofan87

Gold Member
Idk, it just looks a bit generic for my taste. I also prefer more fantasy games where you fight demons and stuff like Sekiro or NIOH.

Not a fan of realistic Samurai games. What we really need is a return of Onimusha.

Ghost of Tsushima was severely overrated. Decent game but got way too much praise.
the only the thing that gives me pause is if it is a souls like game if it is i might pass not my cup of tea.

You do realize Sony were the ones who licensed the PC version ton505 Games right?

"A Windows port licensed by Sony was released by 505 Games in July 2020. A director's cut version was released for the PlayStation 5 in September 2021, followed by a release for Windows in March 2022. Versions for iOS, iPadOS and macOS will be released in 2023."
Well, I'm aware of that, but that was before Sony started their push on PC so they let Kojima sign a publishing deal with a 3rd party for the PC release. They now have all their IPs under their own PlayStation LLC publishing arm for PC and DS2 is a sequel so they might have struck a different publishing deal since Sony owns the Death Stranding IP. We really don't know.

They also renewed it here:

There's also no reference of Death Stranding 2 on 505 Games website.

Last edited:
Well, I'm aware of that, but that was before Sony started their push on PC so they let Kojima sign a publishing deal with a 3rd party for the PC release. They now have all their IPs under their own PlayStation LLC publishing arm for PC and DS2 is a sequel so they might have struck a different publishing deal since Sony owns the Death Stranding IP. We really don't know.

They also renewed it here:

Will see what happens. Regardless though, it will still most likely come to PC because Sony releases their 1st party nowadays on PC sooner or later. It just might not be on PC Game Pass.

It would make no sense for them to allow the first game on PC and the 2nd not include a PC release at some point in time. There are fans that want to play it on PC.

Last edited:

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
The guys at SquareEnix would have to be clowns not to put it on Switch 2 at launch.

Unless there’s contractual agreements blocking that, of course.

This assumes Switch 2 is capable of running it well. Would take a massive amount of sacrifices I would imagine

Luipadre

Kojima's team really does make the best character models in gaming. This looks fantastic

Im really curios about new and returning characters. We barely know anything about DS2 really. Hopefully it will change next month. We still dont know what Elle Fanning's role in this. Im just sad that Mads isnt here :(

Last edited:

Lupin25

Btw, if true this means the slate of 2024 Sony published games will be the following:
  • Helldivers II
  • Concord
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Stellar Blade
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • MLB The Show*
  • Destiny 2: The Final Shape*
3rd party console exclusives titles:
  • Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
  • Granblue Fantasy: Relink
  • Silent Hill 2 Remake
Hope I'm not missing anything there.

Fairgame$ is due as well.

If there’s 6 GaaS due by 2025 I’d say at least 4 will come next year judging by this list adding Haven into the mix.

Wolverine you could say, is tentative with Insomniac just releasing a big AAA game, but they have release titles back-to-back (Miles Morales & Rift Apart) in years prior, so we’ll see if they can make the holiday slate again.

Last edited:

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Im really curios about new and returning characters. We barely know anything about DS2 really. Hopefully it will change next month. We still dont know what Elle Fanning's role in this. Im just sad that Mads isnt here :(

Seems like the game centers around building up a massive submersible and airborn ship and connecting the continents

Ozriel

M$FT
This assumes Switch 2 is capable of running it well. Would take a massive amount of sacrifices I would imagine

Would it? The first game with the same engine runs on a base PS4 at 1080p. It runs at 30fps locked on a Steamdeck which is weaker than a PS4.

I don’t expect a ‘massive’ amount of sacrifices at all.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Would it? The first game with the same engine runs on a base PS4 at 1080p. It runs at 30fps locked on a Steamdeck which is weaker than a PS4.

I don’t expect a ‘massive’ amount of sacrifices at all.

Steam deck is a massive sacrifice

But yah, they can probably get it to run on the platform, just not sure why anyone would want to play a game like that on there

StereoVsn

Ronin I am cautiously looking forward to but that’s one that isn’t a guarantee in no way shape or form.

I will be playing FFVIIR2 anyways first and that will take me a while.

Wonder if there is a chance of Tsushima 2 to hit by next year end. Seems like they have been working it for quite a bit now and hoped they could reuse some art assets, their engine work, dev pipelines, etc.. for the sequel.

Edit: iOS error correction is pure trash.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Steam deck is a massive sacrifice

But yah, they can probably get it to run on the platform, just not sure why anyone would want to play a game like that on there

Why wouldn’t people want to play it there? Are you out of the loop about how many units the Zelda games have sold on the Switch?

I’m not sure why you think PS4 level visuals on a portable platform is a poor value proposition.

Especially in Japan where Square is sure to sell a ton more units of the game than on console.

Top Bottom