• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

EmpReb

Banned
Ty for the fights guys. I think we should set some roles for us next time we fly together. I found out sticking to air targets withe F-16 landed me more points than trying to go for ground while If I had the A-10(going to tech rush for it) I would have gone straight for Grounds and ignored air. It really helps you get more points and do good. Someone could rock multirole and steal away targets from the other guys. we need to get voice chats too.

Oh well I am pretty happy the way the game works right now and the fuel system is much more reasonable with all of the challenges. I think ACI might be going in the right direction and the story missions. OMG the Story better than AC6 already. I really think if they do more than just 8 missions but add to them every 3-5 months you could have an incredible campaign and add 4 to 5 missions each drop. Really hope they think long term about supporting this and also maybe about allowing skin puracases of many Anime/Otaku skins. That would be a money maker and not make people mad. The future of Ace Comabat does look bright right now.

I didn't know I had a clone ;)

Extremely worth it, but the pay cliff is pretty tough. If you buy the elite pack, the infinite campaign pack and the rookie pack (about 40$) then you are set for the whole campaign + about 100 multiplayer games (more if you get lucky with random drops)

Ugh. I think I will just skip downloading then. Don't want to support this kind of crap.

Ty for the fights guys. I think we should set some roles for us next time we fly together. I found out sticking to air targets withe F-16 landed me more points than trying to go for ground while If I had the A-10(going to tech rush for it) I would have gone straight for Grounds and ignored air. It really helps you get more points and do good. Someone could rock multirole and steal away targets from the other guys. we need to get voice chats too.

Oh well I am pretty happy the way the game works right now and the fuel system is much more reasonable with all of the challenges. I think ACI might be going in the right direction and the story missions. OMG the Story better than AC6 already. I really think if they do more than just 8 missions but add to them every 3-5 months you could have an incredible campaign and add 4 to 5 missions each drop. Really hope they think long term about supporting this and also maybe about allowing skin puracases of many Anime/Otaku skins. That would be a money maker and not make people mad. The future of Ace Comabat does look bright right now.

I think I'm gonna be a ground target guy...I've found myself wasting half the match trying to take down one plane, ugh.

I played the agaion (moby dick) mission online earlier and some dude in an f-2 got 96k points by himself. Holy crap. Some people are amazing.

Anyone get a skin for the F-14 yet?
I'd buy Razgriz, Jolly Rogers or even the Cherry Blossom skin if they had them on the store.

I wish this was on PS4 though, I would be sinking in alot more time and money.

Aquila

Applied to the google doc so thanks for that.

Well-covered attackers are definite mvp earners even against the aerial fleet. UGP's and FAEB's utterly destroy their engines and I imagine that RKT pods will be amazing against them too.

finally unlocked mission 3, didn't have a fuel to start it yet though I did watch the briefing.
Dat Ridgeback squad member.

Anyone else have the Moby Dick emblem? haven't seen anyone with it besides myself.
I was MVP of that mission but do you get it for just completing it?

Skwerl

tonight I learned the key to air to air combat victories in ACI is simply not to dogfight. If an enemy got away or is at a bad angle, just forget about it and switch targets.

EmpReb

Banned
tonight I learned the key to air to air combat victories in ACI is simply not to dogfight. If an enemy got away or is at a bad angle, just forget about it and switch targets.
Umm, this is stample Ace Combat Tatics and I feel they pretty much on the Co-op enimey AI gave them ACE dif with the ground AA finally being a threat. Really I pretty happy that I have finally threats in the skies besides the OMG death machines of the past games. Stonehenge is still a joke though but can't wait to try it out in Co-op.

KAP151

Finally starting to unlock some gear for my planes.

What is with the abundant amount of assholes that create rooms and dont ready up? I must of gone through 20 rooms sitting there for minutes before just to get into a match. They need to fix that.

And being from Australia my ping never seems to go above yellow or about half way, although it seems to have no bearing on the actual mission..?

it's the same but Red, the tier 3 is GOLD, because T2 Moby is red and T3 is gold :)
Ok cool,
what do you get the Ace of Aces from?

I was disappointed with the goofy emblems at first till some of the cooler ones started poping up.
Im actually kinda happy that some the legacy stuff will be harder to come by making it special.

Edit: 300,000 credits for the next campaign mission!? Jesus Christ.
Free 2 Wait.

Aerocrane

Ok cool,
what do you get the Ace of Aces from?

Buying the Elite Pack DLC is the only way.
And being from Australia my ping never seems to go above yellow or about half way, although it seems to have no bearing on the actual mission..?

The netcode of this game is magic, I host rooms most of the time when I play and I usually have 2-3 bars and end up playing with Japanese people who don't seem to have any lag either.

EmpReb

Banned
Buying the Elite Pack DLC is the only way.

The netcode of this game is magic, I host rooms most of the time when I play and I usually have 2-3 bars and end up playing with Japanese people who don't seem to have any lag either.
Party because this game is not an FPS where things happen way too fast for ,imo, even LIGHTSPEED keep up with out some delay across distance. Really its pretty damn good code that I think it will be fine of the Co-po part. Its the Vs mode that coming some day. I am interested to see how that handles. I hope they have class limits and stuff so you can't bring a F-22 to someones poor F-4 fight.

mcz117chief

This. I have never seen such a netcode. I constantly play on Japanese and American servers and I see zero lag or rubberbanding. It is really out of this world good.

I hope they have class limits and stuff so you can't bring a F-22 to someones poor F-4 fight.

Your matchmaking rank determins with whom you play.

EmpReb

Banned
This. I have never seen such a netcode. I constantly play on Japanese and American servers and I see zero lag or rubberbanding. It is really out of this world good.
Its not as magical as they are pull of some tricks so you never have rubberbanding. I have played enough FPS to know you can't do something like that with out a cost. The thing is Ace Combat lends it self to tricks that other online games could not get away with because of the distances in game. Really smart design and worth seeing if they can make it work for Pilot vs Pilot combat.

Your matchmaking rank determins with whom you play.
Good to Know.

Aerocrane

Its the Vs mode that coming some day. I am interested to see how that handles. I hope they have class limits and stuff so you can't bring a F-22 to someones poor F-4 fight.

The planes already are tiered on the research tree, so those will probably used as base for matchmaking in versus mode. Or maybe they will just use the current room system and the ranking points.

link ? I would like to see that :D
Pretty_Aces.jpg

Aerocrane's avatar.

speaking of that Nagase design I wonder if they bring back the F-2 Nagase skin from AH.

Oh, it is so tiny I never noticed she is blushing XD
It is from Ace Combat 2, right ?

That was way too much fan service for me.

Project Nagase, Assault Horizon promotional stuff.

I know it was super fan service but man you could make it look great with the right colors. Gloss white with black and purple looked amazing.

I hope when they do DLC they force everyone to update, optional compatibility packs in Assault Horizon was so dumb.
Can't use my paintjob/plane I paid all this money on because someone was too lazy to DL it for free?
Completely turned me away from buying more DLC.

mcz117chief

Project Nagase, Assault Horizon promotional stuff.

I know it was super fan service but man you could make it look great with the right colors. Gloss white with black and purple looked amazing.

It would be pretty badass if they could get their hands on Highschool of the Dead girls, having Saeko Busujima on a plane would be so hot :)

UPDATE: once you reach the rank of 1st lieutenant you will start to research upgrades for special weapons.

Aerocrane

It would be pretty badass if they could get their hands on Highschool of the Dead girls, having Saeko Busujima on a plane would be so hot :)

UPDATE: once you reach the rank of 1st lieutenant you will start to research upgrades for special weapons.

Drifters of the Dead OVA is the worst.

What kind of upgrades are they? More damage and higher capacity?

mcz117chief

Drifters of the Dead OVA is the worst.
Yeah, it is pretty disrespectful, but there are some fun bits. Anyway, the full colour manga is where it is at :)

What kind of upgrades are they? More damage and higher capacity?
You know how slow the upgades take, do you think I already leveled up any of them ? :D
I just said they STARTED to upgrade.

also, to get your hopes up, lvl 6 of F4-e phantom...how much do you guys think it costs ? XD

mcz117chief

Lads, I did some quick calculations and found out that the most cost effective fuel pack is the 30+5 one.

Here is a table, it is in Czech Crowns but the ratio should be around the same (pf = per fuel)

1 = 25 pf
5 = 22 pf
10+1 = 17.2 pf
30+5 = 15.4 pf
50+10 = 15.75 pf

Aerocrane

Lads, I did some quick calculations and found out that the most cost effective fuel pack is the 30+5 one.

Here is a table, it is in Czech Crowns but the ratio should be around the same (pf = per fuel)

1 = 25 pf
5 = 22 pf
10+1 = 17.2 pf
30+5 = 15.4 pf
50+10 = 15.75 pf

It is a miniscule difference in euros (or any currency really)
30+5 = 0.57€ per fuel
50+10 = 0.58€ per fuel
if your finances are so tight that cents of savings make a difference, maybe don't use your money on microtransactions?

mcz117chief

It is a miniscule difference in euros (or any currency really)
30+5 = 0.57€ per fuel
50+10 = 0.58€ per fuel
if your finances are so tight that cents of savings make a difference, maybe don't use your money on microtransactions?

I know it is just a tiny amount, just wanted to let people know.

mcz117chief

Maybe we can use this information to get Namco to reduce the price of the 50+10 stocked fuel pack
lolno

All that it will do is increase the price of 30+5 :D

btw. I save 7.5 Kč every time I buy 2 30+5s instead of 60+10, for that I can buy 3 rohlíky (basically hot dog buns), a popsicle or few pieces of chewing gun :)

Aerocrane

All that it will do is increase the price of 30+5 :D

btw. I save 7.5 Kč every time I buy 2 30+5s instead of 60+10, for that I can buy 3 rohlíky (basically hot dog buns), a popsicle or few pieces of chewing gun :)

Haha, I might get a 30+5 pack when I run out of stocked fuel. 20€ isn't really that bad. I'm the reason why Namco can get away with this free to play crap :(

Top Bottom