• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

mcz117chief

Haha, I might get a 30+5 pack when I run out of stocked fuel. 20€ isn't really that bad. I'm the reason why Namco can get away with this free to play crap :(

You think you are a suck up ? Look at all this stuff I have bought:

Ace Combat 3,4,5,6,0,X,AH
F-22 Haruka model kit
Skins for AC6 and AH, total cost around 100€
Infinity: Elite + rookie bargain pack + infinite campaign pass + extra plane slots

The amount of money I have given to Scamco is just sickening and yet, I will proceed to shovel my allowance down their throat constantly.

so how is the SP?

ist is like the old games?

are there cutscenes?
does it have a real story?
Yes to all. SP is so far pretty decent (first 2 missions are really short tutorials) but it picks up after that, but they plan to release more missions soon.

Aerocrane

You think you are a suck up ? Look at all this stuff I have bought:

Ace Combat 3,4,5,6,0,X,AH
F-22 Haruka model kit
Skins for AC6 and AH, total cost around 100€
Infinity: Elite + rookie bargain pack + infinite campaign pass + extra plane slots

The amount of money I have given to Scamco is just sickening and yet, I will proceed to shovel my allowance down their throat constantly.

I was talking more in reference to their monetization in their free to play games. I'm definitely a sucker though because I bought Ridge Racer Vita shortly after its release, and that game comes with only three circuits for a full priced game. At least it was 40€ and not 60€ as 40€ is full price for most Vita games.

mcz117chief

I was talking more in reference to their monetization in their free to play games. I'm definitely a sucker though because I bought Ridge Racer Vita shortly after its release, and that game comes with only three circuits for a full priced game. At least it was 40€ and not 60€ as 40€ is full price for most Vita games.

I am damn certain I will spend more than 200€ on this game before I am finished with it.

mcz117chief

It says only up to mission 8 in the description in the ps store. Have they said it would be for all missions elsewhere?

There are only 5 missions available at the moment, so the extra 3 in development will be available to you once they are released

Skwerl

If they start selling skins I might be in trouble, really liking that skins so far have only been limited drops instead of microtransactions.

I've been getting those instead of fuel instead as drops......at least they worths 2000 credits if I own them already =\

Goddamn F-15 and F-18 are worth 150000 credits X_____X

Playing with people with advanced planes is pretty hard. They destroy everything quickly.

Skwerl

So far I was pretty lucky with fuel drops, I got about 8.

Mate, please. I want to upgrade my phantom to lvl 6 and that costs me 275k...and don't even ask about upgade prices for the Morgan :/

huh, you are that far in? If you dont mind me asking, how are you doing in fuel and how much have you paid so far? Also, how many sorties/flight hours?

mcz117chief

huh, you are that far in? If you dont mind me asking, how are you doing in fuel and how much have you paid so far? Also, how many sorties/flight hours?

fuel 25, paid for: elite pack, bargain pack, campaign pass and extra plain slots; 77 sorties, play time 21:17 hours

I won through the limited drops, an free upgrade from lv5 to lv6 to any plane :D

damn, I had better wait with paying for the upgrade and hope I get it too.

update: Hmmm, now that I think about it I think there are going to be more expensive transitions from lvl 5 to lvl 6, so wasting this free upgrade on it is not a good idea.

Skwerl

fuel 25, paid for: elite pack, bargain pack, campaign pass and extra plain slots; 77 sorties, play time 21:17 hours

21 hours for 45 dollars spent with some resources left... this is not bad at all as far as value goes.

mcz117chief

21 hours for 45 dollars spent with some resources left... this is not bad at all as far as value goes.

I hope my example will draw more people into the game, everyone who is atleast a little interested owes it to himself to try it.

update: After about 10 games Morgan finally got some research, now sitting at pretty 21% to lvl 3, ugh, getting this plane to lvl 10 is gonna be a LONG journey.

I also got a stocked fuel in the common drops (the black box) once.

Forced sorties are only worth if you are going to tackle Moby Dick and you have a team that will accomplish the mission. The research done with the contract boost was massive.

Aerocrane

I also got a stocked fuel in the common drops (the black box) once.

Forced sorties are only worth if you are going to tackle Moby Dick and you have a team that will accomplish the mission. The research done with the contract boost was massive.

Forced sorties are a ridiculous gamble in any mission in my opinion, but that's just because I'm not very good at the game :) If you score high consistently like mcz then it might be worth it to use forced sorties.

Forced sorties are a ridiculous gamble in any mission in my opinion, but that's just because I'm not very good at the game :) If you score high consistently like mcz then it might be worth it to use forced sorties.

Well if you get some monster in the same room with you, its pretty much a lock. But of course if its LV 1 Moby Dick.

mcz117chief

Forced sorties are never worth it because you are wasting 1 or 2 games you could play. Tell me, lads, do you play the game for the upgrades or for the gameplay ? Atleast that is how I see it, I love how this game plays and the thought of willingly throwing away the option to play is just plain ridiculous to me. I don't see playing this game as a grind, I genuinly enjoy every femtosecond of it, I really do.

Yuterald

My PSN ID is Gazel_Ministry if anyone/everyone wants to add me. I'll be playing the game off and on today, but I'll probably stick to just the supplied fuel. Going to make my rounds shortly, but I'll probably wait another 12 hours and do another round of games late tonight. NA here, east coast time.

mcz117chief

My PSN ID is Gazel_Ministry if anyone/everyone wants to add me. I'll be playing the game off and on today, but I'll probably stick to just the supplied fuel. Going to make my rounds shortly, but I'll probably wait another 12 hours and do another round of games late tonight. NA here, east coast time.

add yourself to the list, mate. Welcome aboard

Explain forced sorties? I'm still figuring stuff out...I suppose I could just boot up the game lol

But I need my breakfast before shipping out
3AQmK.gif

Skwerl

I am so tempted to repaint my old piece into ridgeback over tokyo sky ;__;
I never really liked shinden II that much, but dat ridgeback....

nOX69ddl.jpg

Aerocrane

Explain forced sorties? I'm still figuring stuff out...I suppose I could just boot up the game lol

But I need my breakfast before shipping out
3AQmK.gif

Forced sorties give you the option to spend up to 3 fuel per match in exchenge for more money and research points.

To add on what mcz wrote:
"Additionally, a player's statistics will show as though the mission they just used their fuel on counted twice or three times. For example, if the match ended in an S rank and a player used 3 fuel instead of 1, then their number of S ranks in their stats will show as if they had just earned 3 S ranks instead of 1." - Acepedia

Forced sorties are not always enabled, they are time restricted events just like tournaments and limited drops.

Yuterald

Couple questions...

In singleplayer, how are you supposed to get an S Rank on stages? I feel like I played the first stage well enough, but I only ever get an A Rank. I guess it would help to know how to perform/earn points for the overkills and such, ha!

Also, I unlocked one of those rare skins for a plane, but can you only apply it to the plane you got the drop for? That's pretty lame if that's the case. I thought I could apply the skin to any of the planes I developed.

Aerocrane

Also, I unlocked one of those rare skins for a plane, but can you only apply it to the plane you got the drop for? That's pretty lame if that's the case. I thought I could apply the skin to any of the planes I developed.

The skins are plane specific, that's how it has been in previous games too. I wouldn't be too surprised if Namco did start straight up selling skins as DLC later on like they have with AC6 and Assault Horizon.

mcz117chief

Couple questions...

In singleplayer, how are you supposed to get an S Rank on stages? I feel like I played the first stage well enough, but I only ever get an A Rank. I guess it would help to know how to perform/earn points for the overkills and such, ha!
I managed to get S rank on the 1st two missions but the others I only got A rank, I guess faster planes with better loadout will get you S rank a lot easier than the rental planes.

You must take into account that each plane has different geometry so they can't just put one skin on all planes, each has to be done seperately.

Yuterald

Cool, thanks for the info, but do you guys know how overkills work? There seems to be two subcategories on the results screen that are always at 0 for me. This seems like something new to Infinity. I don't remember anything like that in the older AC titles.

mcz117chief

More like they'll just give us the Assault Horizon skins as limited drops and sell us a handful of new ones.

Just wait for the extremely overpriced iDOLM@STER skins :D

Cool, thanks for the info, but do you guys know how overkills work? There seems to be two subcategories on the results screen that are always at 0 for me. This seems like something new to Infinity. I don't remember anything like that in the older AC titles.

Overkill is when someone else destroys a target and your missiles reach the target immediately after, so you get a bit of score too, helps to fight kill-steals a bit. There is probably some elaborate system behind it because it doesn't trigger everytime, but it mostly does with bigger targets and planes, rarely with sams and aa guns.

Skwerl

you and your teammates killing the same target simultaneously

mcz117chief

Can't wait to see some planes with wonderfully colourful skins :D

If they're going to give us the ASF-X Shinden II as playable through a special mission like the Morgan, I'm going to be all over it.

I hope the next special plane will be either Wyvern or XFA-27. But I wouldn't mind Shinden either :)

Also, considering the tournament will be about Scarface squadron then the chance of having XFA-27 is very high.

Shandy

Downloaded this on a whim, having never played Ace Combat before. I figured I'd have a few opportunities to try the game and if I liked it, great, I can keep on playing; if I didn't like it, no harm done.

It's actually pretty fun! :D I haven't spent any money (I'm a filthy poor), but I'm open to the idea... somewhat.

Aerocrane

I hope the next special plane will be either Wyvern or XFA-27. But I wouldn't mind Shinden either :)

Also, considering the tournament will be about Scarface squadron then the chance of having XFA-27 is very high.

XFA-27 looks really cool. I recently downloaded Assault Horizon again from Steam and I've been playing it for a bit, just cleared the second mission. I don't really care for the dogfighting mode, but it is quite playable without it, have to see if helicopters are any fun to play.

Top Bottom