• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Saleh, popular YouTube racist, kicked off Delta plane for being a jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

C0S932uVQAEnhAB.jpg

The guy needs help

_Nemo

Thread title needs to be updated to "Adam Saleh, popular YouTube personality, kicked off Delta plane for being fuckwit"

Audioboxer

‏@omgAdamSaleh

these kids were talking about how Muslims were the cause of 9/11..haha..it cracks me up! Even the blind can see that 9/11 was an inside job!

https://twitter.com/omgAdamSaleh/sta...67420733145088

C0S932uVQAEnhAB.jpg

The guy needs help

IyENtv5.gif

Yeah... that doesn't bode to well when you start a cry of racism against yourself. Add to it the Jew comment...

If he was discriminated against it would be deplorable as it always is, but damn those twitter remarks are deplorable in on themselves.

I did not see that, interesting. Need to read that post.

Also, why the hell is the thread title not changed yet? Disappointing mods.

It's where a fair bit of detail started emerging. Sure, from one passenger, but others passengers said the same and it cross-checks with Delta's reasoning.

CREMSteve

So this was fake, then? These YouTube idiots are pure scum, I'm so tired of seeing these stories purely for profit. Makes a complete mockery of the actual indignities that people are living through on a daily basis.

Audioboxer

Still funny when it's posted a few times :p

What I would say is maybe mashable should have offered some more "dad" like advice

Saleh has yet to respond to Mashable's request for comment but we dare say he'll think twice before screwing around with this airline again.

Or maybe not. The boy just lives to prank. Don't change, buddy. Just be safe.

Instead of saying don't change buddy.... you know.... time to stop trying to prank fucking airlines son? Maybe minus the cuss word if said "dad advice" is clean and moral.

Syriel

There's plenty of benefit, they don't look like a completely racist airline for once when paying and settling absolutely admits they were wrong.

I don't know either of these individuals. His story has about as much credence as the prankster guy.

You're talking about the same "prankster guy" who has staged fake racism videos in the past?

The same "prankster guy" who got called out by CAIR for pretending to be a victim of racism?

This isn't a case of "oh he's done stupid shit in the past" this is a case of "he has made actual racist comments in the past" and "he has made provably false claims of racism in the past."

Meanwhile, you have claimed that the statements of a news reporter who is known worldwide are "doubtful."

She doesn't have a documented history of making stuff up. He does.

Audioboxer

wow fucking gross. reading through the reddit thread came upon this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/socialmedi...irgindelta_flight_5301_what_happened/dbici4r/

basically this guy went through the security scanners deliberately with thick clothing and items in his pockets so that he would be picked out. then he made a video about being singled out and profiled when it was his intent. fucking scum.

Although it may be considered off topic slightly, I'm glad I've found a place where I can share this to intelligent people. I'd like to share a bit of information about one of his previous videos, in particular where he accuses Security of being racist by searching him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JdyOp_dDfg

I work in Airport Security, and whilst I can't disclose everything going on in the video, I can explain it enough to tell the full story. The machine in question is an L3 Provision, one of the earlier, less accurate models, which aren't in mainstream use any longer.

These machines do a quick scan using millimeter waves and give a result. They work very well if you are wearing average clothes (jeans, polo tops, shirts etc etc) but they are very picky about additional layers of clothes and obviously items you've left on you.

In the video you see a few people make it through without a search. This is because the monitor on the machine has come up with "OK" with a green background (which you can clearly see). This (I can only speak for UK regs. but I'm sure it's the same) means you walk away unsearched as long as there is no suspicion.

When he walks through, he does not receive a clear screen. You can see the colour is different, this is because an image appeared with a stick figure with points of interest on him. This would of been because he had multiple layers of thick clothing on, and items left in his pocket.

The officer searched the areas where the items were detected (notice no full search) and let him carry on.

Officers usually have no input on the search, they just follow what the machine says.

TL;DR - He obviously left something on him to trigger the machine, get a search and then claim racism.

Any other questions just ask, and I apologise if this isn't appropriate for this thread. Just had enough of this racial hate incitement from this moron.

If all of that is true this guy should just be banned from flying completely. See how he likes that with his "pranks" in airports.

Obviously 9/11 was an inside job, so I don't know what he is even doing using American airlines?

petghost

Banned
The problem with people staging stunts like this that reinforce people's political leanings is that the original unverified story always makes way more of an impact than the follow up. It's happened so often last couple months.

Syriel

Ehhh companies settle all he time to avoid further, possibly more serious repercussions. Not sure what you're on about.

Hmm interesting. So why didn't anyone speak to this when he was calling them out?

Why would anyone want to engage with a jerk? Especially someone who is making stuff up?

The passengers made their statements to the flight staff. All of the information that has surfaced so far makes it seem like Adam and his friend deserved the SNL style "Buh-bye" that they say they got as they walked off the plane.

What I really want to know is why the fuck Delta keeps stranding me overnight in shitty airports with no hotel

Airport floors are not comfortable

Good for your back yo. Delta just lookin' out for you.

I saw the title yesterday, read that he's a YouTube prankster, thought to myself "Let's wait a day or two before I get into this".

Yep, pranksters yet again showing they are terrible.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Exactly, they even let him back on the plane.

Take the L or make a thread about the other guys. The fact that you are both ignoring Saleh's behavior and changing the parameters of the conversation is amazing. Delta has not done enough to combat other racist activities on prior flights. We're talking about this incident and you won't concede an inch.

demigod

I didn't know this guy was a prankster until I saw this thread but I already knew he was full of shit when my nephew showed me the video.

This is an awful thing to "prank" about, and will just cause skepticism if something racist like this actually happens. Fission Mailed.

I hope everyone lol'ing at The Boy Who Cried Wolf has seen the update to this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1305959

Some of us need to better embrace skepticism. Bullshit stories create a climate of fear which may cause real harm.

This doesn't mean we shouldn't call out racism, but let's not let our zeal to prove our "woke-ness" make us look like morons in the process.
+1 to the healthy skepticism ideal please.
The Delta airport lounge was lit until they kicked me out at midnight
Those lounges actually have a closing time? That's pretty lame, they should have a minimal skeleton crew watch the place so you can at least sleep somewhere theoretically better than the middle of the terminal floor.
I mean it just closed at midnight

I'm nice
Wait, hold up.
‏@omgAdamSaleh

these kids were talking about how Muslims were the cause of 9/11..haha..it cracks me up! Even the blind can see that 9/11 was an inside job!

https://twitter.com/omgAdamSaleh/sta...67420733145088
Even if this were somehow a joke, this is distasteful as shit.

Good for your back yo. Delta just lookin' out for you.

MY BUTT SAYS OTHERWISE

If it's weather related, you can blame mother nature. Mechanical and they should put you up.

It's been both. They suck either way.

Those lounges actually have a closing time? That's pretty lame, they should have a minimal skeleton crew watch the place so you can at least sleep somewhere theoretically better than the middle of the terminal floor.

Wait, hold up.

Right? I thought most were 24/7. It was lame

NO NO HOLDING UP I AM N I C E

Man reading the early pages of this thread is eye opening in a lot of ways.

This dude should be banned from flying for a few years to hopefully teach him a lesson. This isn't something you make up stuff about

shanafan

Interview with one of the passengers, and news clips with other passengers.

https://youtu.be/FgjTp-EK0KE

From the passenger's telling - Adam was recording the whole thing while his friend Slim kept shouting a phrase in indonesian about honking your horn, or something. He kept on shouting, and passengers told him to stop shouting but Adam told them to "shut up and enjoy the flight." This kept on repeating. No phone call to mom was made.

Eventually, the airline told them to leave.

What a prick. Not only is he a muppet for doing a tasteless prank during this tense time but made it more difficult for genuine cases of discrimination to be identified and given the appropriate attention.

Zapages

seriously it is very disgraceful of him to do something like this... I guess the hits and dollars matter more. *shakes head to disgust*.

:|

I wonder if Delta and her partners would ban him or even sue him for defamation.

Beefy

From the passenger's telling - Adam was recording the whole thing while his friend Slim kept shouting a phrase in indonesian about honking your horn, or something. He kept on shouting, and passengers told him to stop shouting but Adam told them to "shut up and enjoy the flight." This kept on repeating. No phone call to mom was made.

Eww Keemstar, can't give him a view sorry.

Audioboxer

Yeah, sorry, but I can't watch a Keemstar video. He's probably just parroting bits and pieces from reddit and elsewhere like we have anyway.

From one YTer who makes a living out of pranks/drama/outrage to another.... Let them fight.

shanafan

Yeah, sorry, but I can't watch a Keemstar video. He's probably just parroting bits and pieces from reddit and elsewhere like we have anyway.

From one YTer who makes a living out of pranks/drama/outrage to another.... Let them fight.

He interviews the passenger from Reddit, who does most of the talking in the video. Just fast forward a little ;)

Audioboxer

He interviews the passenger from Reddit, who does most of the talking in the video. Just fast forward a little ;)

Damn... I actually want to see that. However I don't want to give Keemstar a view LOL. What passenger is it, any of the ones mentioned in here already or a new one?

I know you've said reddit, so the one I posted who gave out lots of info?

shanafan

Damn... I actually want to see that. However I don't want to give Keemstar a view LOL. What passenger is it, any of the ones mentioned in here already or a new one?

I know you've said reddit, so the one I posted who gave out lots of info?

Yeah I think so. It's basically a re-telling of his Reddit post, the gentleman who is of Jamaican/British descent who sat less than 6 feet from Adam.

Audioboxer

Yeah I think so. It's basically a re-telling of his Reddit post, the gentleman who is of Jamaican/British descent who sat less than 6 feet from Adam.

Cheers I might need to give his part a watch. Or I'll wait for it to inevitably get mirrored somewhere on YT lol.

I know it might sound petty but Keemstar really is a piece of work even if on this individual video he doesn't do anything terrible.

shanafan

Cheers I might need to give his part a watch. Or I'll wait for it to inevitably get mirrored somewhere on YT lol.

I know it might sound petty but Keemstar really is a piece of work even if on this individual video he doesn't do anything terrible.

Yeah I gotcha. I know his reputation, but he has got a little bit better over time.

Audioboxer

Had to watch that Keemstar video for the interview. Yeah, as we thought. Guys sounds like absolute assholes. No wonder people were waving bye. Can't believe the defense force they had in here, even after we had a good chunk of evidence.

Holy shit at Keemstar metrics as well had no idea he was up to like 1.5m subs. Ah well it was worth hearing the interview.

What an idiot. Not surprised though. Way to cheapen an actual issue. And nice job reinforcing the obnoxious Arab stereotype.

Also 9/11 being an inside job is a fairly common belief among middle easterners/muslims based on my experiences so im not surprised about this dudes tweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom